The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 10-15-2010, 01:54 AM   #1
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
the ultimate rage quit? (Final Fantasy 14) related)

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/17123/...uit/index.html

The question mark is cause it's not confirmed, but LOL if it is.

Some of you may be aware of this, but reviews and opinions on the latest Final Fantasy game have not been that good, Final Fantasy XIV is plagued by issues - but like most games, it's a divided landscape. Some people put up with it, die hard fans might look past it, or, they might just hate it.

Rumor is circling that an unnamed Japanese player was so upset with the game, he rage quit like you've never seen before.
Sure, you've rage quit a game - so have I, I've gotten so mad I've smashed my desk in frustration and dealt with days of pain in my hand (make jokes at your own expense, har har) but never have you done what this man has done.
He rage quit to the extent of selling his Square Enix stock - to the tune of $26 million.
Square Enix themselves felt the dip in stock prices on the 7th, dropping from 1800 yen a share to 1735 - before bouncing back later in the day. According to Japanese sources, the ex-fan of Final Fantasy was so disgusted by Final Fantasy XIV that he no longer wanted any stock in Square Enix.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 02:12 AM   #2
Drunken Savior

I kinda got my hopes up that some poor bastard killed themselves because FFXIV was such a letdown. Ragequit teh mortal coil, if you will.

As is, it's probably not a bad time to sell your SE stock, with FFXIII having been recently released and all.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:47 AM   #3
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
but holy crap, he had 26 million dollars worth. That's kind of a lot just to say I LOVE FINAL FANTASY! He truly is the ultimate fanboy!
Old 10-15-2010, 10:16 AM   #4
camac
I feel so good.

Or just a rich guy with more money than he knows what to do with. He should use his money to hire a bunch of trolls to mess with the game if he hates it that much.
camac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:27 AM   #5
Nem
Smash bro!

To be honest if i was an investor i wouldnt invest on Squeenix atm. FFXIII and FFXIV have bombed hard. Thats their biggest franchise beeing driven through the mud and if you take a look at most of their recent work bar 4 heroes of light and DQ9 its all been below average (im yet to pass judgement on Nier though but it isnt a commercial sucess).

I think squeenix needed this wake up call. They have been ignoring feedback from players and reviewers for a very long time. They have to realise they cant get away with whatever they feel like doing and be stubburn about it when its crap.

10 years to remake FF7 with FFXIII level graphics?! bullshit. They are just lazy bastards. FFXIII is a crappy game and the ammount of graphics they had to make doesnt compare to any bioware or bethesda game and those have way more mechanics on them than just the battle system and corridors. They can remake FF7 if they pull their head outta their ass and start working... that is if they want to make money.

I swear... they have been pulling a post-DC SEGA on us after the merger.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:33 AM   #6
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem
I think squeenix needed this wake up call. They have been ignoring feedback from players and reviewers for a very long time. They have to realise they cant get away with whatever they feel like doing and be stubburn about it when its crap.
Well said! Agito and Versus are so far down the line we can't expect much. Though they are both shaping up to be rather good. Then again, so was 13 from screens and news...

One thing that will be a guarantee that they've started listening to fans is when/if they announce a remake of Final Fantasy 7. Fans have asked for it for years, people not massive on FF have asked for it; it's pretty much guaranteed to be a success. Fucking do it Square!
Old 10-15-2010, 03:10 PM   #7
spider-prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by camac View Post
Or just a rich guy with more money than he knows what to do with. He should use his money to hire a bunch of trolls to mess with the game if he hates it that much.
anyone with a brain knows not to invest in square! So I declare him ultimate fanboy!
Old 10-16-2010, 06:16 AM   #8
FinalSolace2
IRAQ- Please assimilate forget past

I'm not sure a remake would be that good, maybe its time to let go, would voice replace the. Text speech?

The only way it would work would be to expand the story and. And. Create. More ministories, and make. The. Gold saucer online. Enabled for arena battles and. Arcade. Competitions plus chocobo. Racing. Maybe. Have multiple online. Integrated. Sections.. maybbe more. Towns sidequests and caves, plus. Triple triad. Would be hard to live upto, cause if they get it wrong square would be. Finished forever and. SE stock. Would. Plummet. To zero

Crowfoot (American Blackfoot Indian Orator) on his deathbed:"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset."
FinalSolace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:21 AM   #9
Paper exe
Pwnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post
To be honest if i was an investor i wouldnt invest on Squeenix atm. FFXIII and FFXIV have bombed hard. Thats their biggest franchise beeing driven through the mud and if you take a look at most of their recent work bar 4 heroes of light and DQ9 its all been below average (im yet to pass judgement on Nier though but it isnt a commercial sucess).

They made KH birth by sleep and if anything it is above superb.
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:57 PM   #10
zechin
THERE IS NO BATHROOM!

Kingdom Hearts team have a pretty good track record lead by Nomura. But the rest of Square Enix nowadays, meh.
zechin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:15 PM   #11
CongoJack
me fail english thats unpossible

Maybe not so much a ragequit as a prudent investment tactic, if they keep pumping out shit its really doubtful their stock will skyrocket. Either way its funny shit.
CongoJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:57 PM   #12
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

Somebody needs to do that to Sega, oh wait that's right who would invest that much into sega/sammy?

Zechin
Kiuju2k is offline   Reply With Quote