The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 10-08-2010, 03:32 AM   #16
darren
... lol

right just got an update to the ticket .. there is weekly server maintencace until 10am ..

fine .. then why not put that on the log in screen and fuck error message .. dear god ..

/edit/

10am coms and goes ..

i get another patch .. think now i'll get to play ... but no .. same connection error .. rubbish .. you cant update tickets with square .. can only send them new ones and there is no help line phone nuumber .. what utter fucking tosh

/edit/

finally in

character create is very nice will give them that

/edit/

ok 1st i'll say looks amazing for an MMO .. no getting away from that .. i'm running it on high with no issues whats so ever ..

big issue so far is that there is ZERO guidance as to what the hell you are to do or where you are to go .. just get dumped in a city with people millng around with no indication who you need to speak to etc .. all trial and error .. bit blloody stupid tbh its going to get very annoying very quickly i think
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)

Last edited by darren; 10-08-2010 at 06:52 AM.
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:53 AM   #17
Shorty0061
Shorty the Butt.

sounds like ffxi all over again, yet they somehow made it harder to figure out what the hell to do.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:39 PM   #18
CongoJack
me fail english thats unpossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren316 View Post
big issue so far is that there is ZERO guidance as to what the hell you are to do or where you are to go .. just get dumped in a city with people millng around with no indication who you need to speak to etc .. all trial and error .. bit blloody stupid tbh its going to get very annoying very quickly i think
I tried to warn you! My favorite example of this was mining, it involved 4 mini games with no direction, trial and error on gauges that showed no discernible difference. Hitting the same spot would constantly produce difference results. Its like Square refuses to take advantage of the leaps mmo's have made over the years.
CongoJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:37 AM   #19
Alucard

Well gamespot just obliterated it with a 4/10. The video review was pretty lol worthy too.

http://au.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/finalf...14/review.html
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 03:30 AM   #20
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I played the Closed Alpha testing they did, and it never changed much other than stabilizing the builds.

But back then, nobody even knew anything at all, I had a party that wondered what happen to me but I figured out how to do some of the story but I couldn't type back during the cutscene but I could still see their text.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:09 AM   #21
darren
... lol

fucking terrible game .. makes FF11 look like a master piece .
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
Old 10-09-2010, 12:52 PM   #22
Daniel4802
That booty too fine

Nobody should feel surprised considering Asian developers are absolutely clueless as to what westerners want in mmorpgs. Its a business fundamental on how failing to recognize cultural differences - and making the proper adjustments - will lead to rejection and project failures. So many free Asian games are published in NA and, after a year or so, end up closing the servers due to lack of player population.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:52 PM   #23
Reko8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Well gamespot just obliterated it with a 4/10. The video review was pretty lol worthy too.

http://au.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/finalf...14/review.html
That was a great review haha.
Reko8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:50 PM   #24
Shorty0061
Shorty the Butt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel4802 View Post
Nobody should feel surprised considering Asian developers are absolutely clueless as to what westerners want in mmorpgs. Its a business fundamental on how failing to recognize cultural differences - and making the proper adjustments - will lead to rejection and project failures. So many free Asian games are published in NA and, after a year or so, end up closing the servers due to lack of player population.

Not even japan likes that game though. That's what happens when you send a game off to be made by a Chinese MMO farm.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:48 PM   #25
CongoJack
me fail english thats unpossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel4802 View Post
Its a business fundamental on how failing to recognize cultural differences - and making the proper adjustments - will lead to rejection and project failures.
I don't even think its a cultural issue. It just feels like they (once again) didn't bother to see how the genre had evolved from conception to present day. Like they had never seen a working mmo or couldn't figure out which systems and features made the popular ones work. Maybe they were just too arrogant to step in the footsteps of earlier games, any way you look at it SE failed.

EDIT: Just watched the vid Alucard put up....100% spot on, great find.
CongoJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 04:53 PM   #26
Nem
Smash bro!

Its basic failure at the corporate level. There should be more coordination between the marketing and development departments.

I honestly dont understand how you can aim an MMO project at a worldwide market and fail to investigate what the needs of said markets are. Its a huge fail, and they deserved it.

On a side note, i wish eastern markets would evolve already and stopped accepting the grind fests. They are literally wasting their lifes away.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:56 PM   #27
Daniel4802
That booty too fine

It is cultural. Most westerners do not like grindfest games where you need to slaughter 1,000 even-level rabbits just to go from level 14-15. Nor do we like games that are so dependent on item shop purchases to create decent characters. These are a few examples of gaming elements that are common place in typical Korean mmos, but are not generally accepted in western markets. They are retarded if they believe they can obtain success when continuing to export this model.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:33 PM   #28
Alucard

Yeah but thats how most of the FREE mmos from korea work. Toss in a billion monsters, make you grind from level 1-70 with little else content because the game is free, they dont need to bother with content, its there for cheap bastards to waste their lives on thinking its entertaining. To be honest they just took what typical FF gamers like and thats levelling up and grinding. Most just want to get from level 1 to 99, so this fits perfect with that sort of market. Problem is majority of MMO gamers arent FF gamers.

Besides that doesnt explain all the other broken things in the game. A map that doesnt tell you where you are? No inventory button? I mean seriously.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 04:40 AM   #29
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
To be honest they just took what typical FF gamers like and thats levelling up and grinding.
That is true. I find the mindless fighting to reach top level or to get a rare drop enjoyable, not boring at all. But even I found FF14 a bit dull.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:07 AM   #30
darren
... lol

a bit dull???

its a f**king stinker .. worst MMO i'v played in a very long time .. even Conan had some redeeming features .. like content ..