The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 08-11-2010, 03:47 AM   #1
Alucard

New Guild Wars 2 trailer

Looks pretty awesome. The stage designs are amazing.

Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 09:05 PM   #2
Nem
Smash bro!

I have been keeping up with the info so its not news to me, but lets hope they dont screw it up. Just cause it sounds good on paper doesnt mean it will execute and work out as its antecipated.

I still think that not having a healer class is more evil than good, but we'll see.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:12 PM   #3
da missinlink
MIA It would seem

I enjoyed the first one, and everything I've seen on the second looks intriguing. I've been waiting to see if they could pull off the vision they originally outlines for the sequel.

So far it seems like I will be getting it on release day, and will likely try to be a tester again.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:49 AM   #4
Daniel4802
That booty too fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post
I still think that not having a healer class is more evil than good, but we'll see.
I'm rather skeptical about this as well. Sure, its nice that everyone will be self-sufficient but this means you have to focus on healing yourself rather than doing damage. Its that or expect someone else to heal you. I'm worried it will lead to "social dissonance" where everyone will ignore the person who needs healing because they'll assume someone else will.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:00 PM   #5
Nem
Smash bro!

I think someone will just be designated to heal while the others dps. So, even though they say there wont be a dedicated healer class, one will be imposed by the players.

The only way to avoid this is to not have any "heal other" spells. At wich point they will have to make the game laughably easy.

I played games without healers... they usually relied on potion spamming (PSO comes to mind).

Call me skeptic but i still think its not gonna work.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:43 AM   #6
Alucard

They're going to have playable demos of the game over at Gamescom 2010 in germany. Theres also a demo coming soon. Heres some info on that will be in it.

Quote:
You’ll be able to play a human character starting at level 1, or a charr character starting at level 47. For your first demo I recommend you play as human. You’ll get to experience the personal, branching story we’ve been talking about; you’ll get to band together with other players to defend human villagers and push back marauding centaurs in a variety of events; you’ll get to experience the active combat system and cross-profession combos; and you’ll have a huge open world to explore. Then, once you’re an expert at the game, come back and try playing again as a high-level charr. You won’t see as much story playing as a charr (since we don’t want to spoil the story for you that far into the game) but instead you’ll have a wide variety of high-level skills to experiment with, and you’ll be able to participate in some truly epic battles.
http://www.arena.net/blog/walking-the-walk#more-2910

Heres the schedual for the show which starts today and goes for 3 days.

http://www.quakecon.org/about/schedule/
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote