The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 09-04-2009, 07:15 PM   #31
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

I'm just waiting for my other book to get in. And next week I may order another. I went to Borders earlier, they had the more official ccna books, but for $50 each. I saw the same ones on amazon for almost 1/2 that so I'll wait till I get my next pay check and order them.

But for these ccnp books I have already the first one seems to be covering some of the basics like routing tables, packets, etc. I'm only in the first chapter still because I've been busy with work, but after tomorrow I'm off for a few days so that'll give me time to catch up.

STEAM

Looking to make a Team Fortress 2 team. Pm me if interested.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:03 PM   #32
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

So whats the deal MK? How has your training been progressing?

Zechin
Kiuju2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:23 PM   #33
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

I had took a break for a while for some various reasons, but I started up again recently. I found a torrent for some videos and they seem extremely helpful.

I can't remember the rules on posting torrents here so just to be safe I won't post the torrent here, but if anyone needs it I'll be glad to give it to them.

If you want to search for it on your own it's Train Signal Cisco CCNA Training Videos , 1.07gb and it downloaded pretty fast for me with the seed/leech ratio.

The torrent has 3 isos, the first 2 are for ccent (which i'm actually going to study that first instead of the ccna), the 3rd iso is for ccna, but it's for part 2 of ccna and for some reason the first part is missing, which at this point I don't care since I'm studying ccent first anyways.

I switched down to ccent because even though I have slight knowledge of networking that's all it is....... slight, so I want to start from the bottom and go up.

STEAM

Old 07-07-2010, 05:19 PM   #34
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Also any of you know of any good cisco router and switch sims? I downloaded Boson Netsim 7.0 and I think since that is made for specific labs their switches and routers are missing some commands (like the show mac-address-table command). And I've tried looking everywhere for one that's similar to boson (where u can make a fake lan and run it in the sim) but with the full list of commands that can be used. I saw some switches on amazon for decent prices and I would get them but if I could a free sim for it (*cough* pirated *cough*) then all the better.

And my uncle's going to give me a hand with my studying because he has to get recert for his ccent and ccna as well (since they've just expired).

He just lend me his official ccna book. It covers all of ccent and is pretty much the first part of ccna, but since i'm only going for ccent right now the book will do just fine. once i move onto ccna i just have to read the 2nd book and take the 2nd test. The ccnp will of course come later this year if i feel i can take it. Once I know I'm really comfortable with everything I'll go for my ccip, but that won't be for some time so for now I'm just taking baby steps.

STEAM

Last edited by MarionetteKazuk; 07-09-2010 at 08:11 PM.