The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > MagicBox Member Reviews

Old 12-16-2008, 03:30 PM   #16
SuperAngelo64
Sands

You know I'm a big OST buff, so I'm not being a troll here... but honestly... E1M1 is one of the most overrated songs in gaming.

It just sounds like generic Butt-Rock.
SuperAngelo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:58 PM   #17
camac
I feel so good.

I don't want to hijack your thread but at the same time don't want to bother to create a general awesome game music thread but.. you ever play Mr.Driller Drill Land? Crazy awesome music and probably has been overlooked by nearly everyone because Namco is retarded.
camac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 11:40 PM   #18
Vegetto
Alive

Never played =(
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:37 AM   #19
Vegetto
Alive

Double Dragon
Version: NES

I ripped and uploaded the music to youtube myself for this game, It'll be a short one because the game didnt have many tracks, I'm sure a lot of my future NES ones will be short like this.

I don't even remember when I first played this game it was so long ago, but it was one of my all time favorite games as a child. This game was THE game back in the day in arcades, The excitement I felt when I played it was amazing. Despite getting my butt handed to me every time on mission freaking 3, the longest mission in the game. But it wasn't even about beating games back then, it was just about playing and having fun, and WOW did I have fun.

I never even PLAYED the arcade version now that I think about it (retarded I know), but OH MAN when you hear that main theme in the arcades you get goosebumps, loved going to arcades back in the day and just listening to all the machines, this one always stood out:

The intro to the missions is pretty awesome, I didnt find out until way later, like a few years ago that it actually had more to it than just the repetitive beat if you listen for a bit

The game starts out with a guy that looks EXACTLY like the main character but differently colored, he walks up to this chick, ABORTION punches her and carries her off with a group of guys following.

That's enough reason to go beat up everyone on the street, game starts out and the music plays, your fists start flying, and its bliss:

After beating your first abobo (love knocking him off the conveyor belt) the second stage begins, some construction site or something, pretty dang catchy tune:

Mission 3 part 2 has my favorite music in the whole game, and its just a short beat that loops, but I LOVE it so much, sounds so awesome like the fighting is epic beyond proportions:

Honorable mention is the game over music, not that I like it all that much but it used to scare the crap out of me as a kid, even though I'd hear

it a billion times.

Remixes/covers

Two very very awesome covers of the Main theme:

http://download22.mediafire.com/fm1o...+Dragon%29.mp3

http://download57.mediafire.com/ygbm...agon_Title.mp3

Very nice cover of the first stage:

http://download216.mediafire.com/mwt...+Dragon%29.mp3

And heres a cover of my favorite track, the cave stage, quality isnt the best since its live but it still rocks:

http://download303.mediafire.com/xnt...+Dragon%29.mp3
Old 12-29-2008, 02:04 AM   #20
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Double Dragon has awesome music.

This is one of my favorite arrangements of Double Dragon music. Friggin' awesome!
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:11 AM   #21
Vegetto
Alive

OH actually I have that track too, I don't know why I didn't include it, it is epic isn't it?
Old 01-02-2009, 11:27 AM   #22
zechin
THERE IS NO BATHROOM!

50000! You scored 50000 points on Double Dragon?
zechin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:10 PM   #23
Paper exe
Pwnd

Wow I didn't know about this thread. Brilliant thread veggeto.

On a side note I agree with Camac, he amazingly expressed my feelings. He ranked up high in my list for having such an appropriate opinion.
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 07:51 PM   #24
Vegetto
Alive

I uploaded this Medley for Burpingcat in the MB Chatroom and thought why not share with you all.

EPIC 15 minute long NES medley.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/69jbl3

download link is at the bottom of the page
Old 03-30-2009, 03:39 PM   #25
Vegetto
Alive

My fav song from Mario RPG covered by a guy named nanaki view.

This is currently my ringtone, LOVE it.

Old 04-15-2011, 03:56 PM   #26
Vegetto
Alive

2 years later

I can't stop listening to it
Old 04-27-2011, 04:06 AM   #27
Icarus4578
Virtuosity of Excellence

This is actually a cool thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegetto View Post
The weapon select music: You're thinking WOAHHH SHIII I'm settin up for some epicness here
My thoughts exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegetto
Then the game starts, and the music plays, and it just makes you feel invincible, as if you can do ANYTHING.
The man speaks the truth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegetto
Suddenly after you defeat a boss that is nothing but a giant wall full of guns that shoot incredible fast hard dodging bullets, your greeted with nothing but blackness and this music playing. You're thinking OHH man whats coming, then suddenly COMPLETE CHAOS, rocks, hundreds and hundreds of rocks come flying out of nowhere, insane amounts, insane small areas for cover, this part here has OWNED me so many times in the past, it has taken every continue I had, every inch of my SANITY, because if you die, all your power ups are gone, you're stuck with nothing but your wee little gun to fend off the swarming shower of rocks.
Dude, you've gotta be CAREFUL.

Gradius III was a superb shooter hampered in spots by excessive slowdown. But you're right: the soundtracks kicks ass. Don't forget about the music to Axelay. That may very well be the best soundtrack for a shooter.