The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 05-16-2007, 10:02 AM   #1
Antipilor
Predating Jesus by 1 mil.

New Video Card

Recently my video card has been giving me headaches and I decided that since I only have about 2 weeks left on my newegg warranty for my video card that I should RMA it. Thing is Newegg no longer has my video card in stock so I'll be receive the $399.99 in credit towards a new one. Now I'm wonder what you guys think would be the best choice for me. If I could wait to get a newer DX10 card I would but as it is I need to do this soon or not at all.
Celebrate relentlessness, Menace to society
Antipilor is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 10:40 AM   #2
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Do it man. If you can upgrade then go for it. Better then being stuck with something your not happy with. Now Dx10 would be sweet but at this point in time you should be more concerned on how good a Dx10 card will play DX9 games. Alucard should have benchmarks of DX10 cards playing DX9 vs standered DX9 cards. If he would post those then try to pick the card that does the best on both fronts. And then get BF2 and agme with Vegetto and myself.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:42 PM   #3
Alucard

Well the 8800GTX is still far too pricy, unless you really dont mind spending $500. Otherwise the 8800GTS 640mb version should be for you. I think this card should last you a good 3 years easy with most games on max detail. Very awesome card. I recommend this one. $339 if you bother with the $20 rebate.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127280
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 06:15 PM   #4
Havoc2049
64-bit Interactive Multimedia System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
Well the 8800GTX is still far too pricy, unless you really dont mind spending $500. Otherwise the 8800GTS 640mb version should be for you. I think this card should last you a good 3 years easy with most games on max detail. Very awesome card. I recommend this one. $339 if you bother with the $20 rebate.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127280
Good advice. Ya, unless you got money to burn and like to be on the cutting edge, the 8800GTX is still too expensive. The 8800GTS cards are a nice balance of price and power. I got a 8600GTS card and I'm loving it.
Havoc2049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:20 PM   #5
Antipilor

Ugh well that was short lived. I spent a couple hours looking for all the packaging only to find that when I spent the semester at Winona someone decided to throw it away along with all the other . Unfortunately without EVERYTHING including the original packaging I can't rma it. Well looks like I'll be saving for a new one, in which case I'll be waiting for probably the second round of DX10 cards. Thanks anyway.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:30 AM   #6
Alucard

Thats bullshit. You only need to send the video card and nothing else when you RMA something. I've done it a couple times and friends have too. Email newegg and tell them not to be annoying. If they're idiots about it you can just speak with the manufacturer and have them replace it.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 10:16 AM   #7
Antipilor

I'll definitely try that. I don't want to have to buy a new card down the line when I can tell this one is starting to flake out.