The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 04-19-2007, 06:01 PM   #31
Antipilor
Predating Jesus by 1 mil.

Well they could either "milk" the series or release a bunch of half ass sequels or spinoffs. Honestly I would rather they release the expansion packs that add new function to the game than making me start a whole new game.

Also... what? Life management and architecture simulators done on strategy games? I would love to know what games you're playing. You really have lumped two different genre's together and have tried to say that one was better than the other. I'll be blunt, that's retarded. -The simulators he's come up with truly are genius and if you don't like those kinds of games, then of course you won't agree. It's like someone trying to convince me that Halo games are good.

in closing
Celebrate relentlessness, Menace to society
Antipilor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:56 AM   #32
Alucard

For anyone whos only played Sims 1 and NOT 2 I really encourage you to give it a shot. Its just so much more better and a bit easier if you ask me. The amount of things they added in is amazing. I love using mods so I have the whole x-men living together lolooll. But like I said before, all the expansions arent the same thing. And the beauty of them is they tie in with the first title. For example, if theres teenagers in the house they usually go to school and disappear for the whole day. If you buy the university expansion pack you can then zip over to the university and play the character there through learning and frat parties and blah, and also the business expansion for work etc. Theres just a crapload of things to do. I really need to stress that playing Sims 2 is far more enjoyable then the first one, which I also admit I only briefly messed with.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 03:51 PM   #33
Nano Fox
All your WIFI are belong to us!

Location: I fell in love with a woman, but my family didn't like her. (Friend)Your parents? (Me) No, my wife and kids.
Only reason to play sims = nude patch
Old 04-20-2007, 05:15 PM   #34
Alucard

Take your dirty dirty mind out of here!! Besides...alot of pc games have nude patches ohohoo
Old 04-20-2007, 05:44 PM   #35
Decado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano Fox
Only reason to play sims = nude patch
Think you have it confused with Oblivion (close-ups )
Decado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 07:08 PM   #36
Reko8

that was an amazing list
Reko8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 07:24 PM   #37
memory to zack

Antipilor, they may be part of the simulation genre, however they do need good strategy similar to turn-based strategy games in which you mange your country. Besides, yourself said its a life [/b]management[b] game, obviously it requires strategy doesn t it?
Just to show you how diverse the simulation genre is, take the train and flight simulators for example, do they have any common features at all, besides being both simulation games? None at all. The simulation/sub-genre
The genres I play are lots of RPGs, quite a lot action-adventures and SRPGs, some platformers, some "innovative" games, few TBSs, few fighting games and few survival horror game(only the resident evil series actually).
Genres I dislike are racing and sports games. I also dislike games that amplify violent acts in comparison to their context. I used to play quite a lot of RTSs, but I grew tired of them. I don t play FPSes, it s not that I dislike them but I don t like comtempory weapons and automatic guns. I m sure there are FPSes out there that I would love. The only FPS I played was Doom and I wasn t really impressed by it, it was also the time when I was avidely playing FFVII so I chose RPGs over FPSes. Though I enjoyed soft Third person shooters like Max Payne.

Ok Alucard, I m going to try The Sims 2 and I m going to tell you my impressions. By the way, Divine Divinity is good, but its a shame they didn t add icons of the F1-F12 hotkeys and I find the quests to be vague, advance in the game might be frustating, however the looks of the world and people is beautifuls having this kind of surreal, epic optic I like in in RPGs.
memory to zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 08:21 PM   #38
Chronos
fuggit

that's it, I am converted!
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 05:41 AM   #39
Alucard

If you're going to try Sims2 then I hope you have a fairly decent system. For some reason it needs a good video card. Also if you liked divine divinity then maybe you could give Silverfall a shot. Once you get used to the camera its bloody addictive.