The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 04-19-2007, 05:42 AM   #1
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
PIRATES WIN AGAIN! Vista flops in China! arrr me matey.

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=39025

Vista flops in China

Only 244 copies sold

By Nick Farrell: Thursday 19 April 2007, 08:34

SOFTWARE GIANT Microsoft has only managed to sell 244 copies of its flag-ship operating system Vista in the huge Chinese market.
Vole spent millions advertising its next generation OS 'Windows Vista' in behind the bamboo curtain and even stuck up a 421 metre ad on the Jin Mao tower in Shanghai China.

However according to newlaunches.com, the Chinese are not falling over themselves to buy the software. Quoting Windows Vista chief distributor in Beijing the site says that after two weeks January 19 to February 2 Microsoft managed to sell a mere 244 copies of Windows Vista.

One of the main reasons is that pirated copies of Vista are selling for a US dollar each and any advertising that Vole does is only helping the pirates flog more.

It seems that Microsoft, and other Western Software makers, still have not got the hang of the fact that folk in developing countries aren't inclined to spend three months wages on a bit of software.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 06:13 AM   #2
memory to zack

Yay! That s good news to me! Time for Windows to fail and for Apple s OS to find its old glory back.
memory to zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 07:01 AM   #3
Nindalf

commies for the win.
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 08:57 AM   #4
Alucard

Apples OS isnt designed for games. Even if it is a better OS for work etc. The big sales of Vista will come from businesses. The gamers arent too interested right now because there arent any DX10 games out. Wait a year.

Although since the OS has been cracked then it will sell a little less oohohohhoo
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:24 AM   #5
Joker
not Seraph

How on earth did they manage to sell even a single copy in China period.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:43 PM   #6
Nano Fox
All your WIFI are belong to us!

Location: I fell in love with a woman, but my family didn't like her. (Friend)Your parents? (Me) No, my wife and kids.
thats pretty funny, cause you know they make all the vista software in china, that shit was on torrents sites before the first box came off the manufacturing line. China = Sexy Piracy Country
Old 04-19-2007, 02:50 PM   #7
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

I have vista and its kind of annoying. It asks you are you sure for everything. Its incompatible with everything(had some problems with itunes). You have to authorize every piece of software that you come across. I just feel with the version of windows that M$ is watching me.
Its unsettling. Like Big brother is always watching me.

Zechin
Kiuju2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 03:22 PM   #8
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
Apples OS isnt designed for games. Even if it is a better OS for work etc. The big sales of Vista will come from businesses. The gamers arent too interested right now because there arent any DX10 games out. Wait a year.

Although since the OS has been cracked then it will sell a little less oohohohhoo
At this point of time I'd say the same for Vista. Considering how its such a hardware crippling OS. Whenever its hacked and stripped down to something like Demonoid's Tiny XP I'll get it then.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:43 PM   #9
Nano Fox

Location: I fell in love with a woman, but my family didn't like her. (Friend)Your parents? (Me) No, my wife and kids.
i perfer beasts tinyxp , but i think they have one for vista already, and i'm ooglying over http://www.nliteos.com/nlite.html
Old 04-19-2007, 10:29 PM   #10
zechin
THERE IS NO BATHROOM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality
At this point of time I'd say the same for Vista. Considering how its such a hardware crippling OS. Whenever its hacked and stripped down to something like Demonoid's Tiny XP I'll get it then.
Im using TinyXP right now, oooooooooh the smoothness
zechin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:57 AM   #11
Alucard

Tinyxp is just too feature cut for my liking. All you have to do is disable a few graphical options and XP is fast. My system for example takes 10 seconds to boot up.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 03:47 PM   #12
Nano Fox

well... welll.. mine takes 2min's (lmao)