The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 01-12-2007, 02:08 PM   #91
burpingcat
Really Enjoys The Magic Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph
This sounds exactly like the arguments people come back with for why not to buy an iPod. its always "Buy the iRiver ZX Pro mini, look at teh advanced features" and then link me to this God awful looking device with 20 buttons on it.

This thing is leauges ahead of everything else out there. Features, Ingenius Interface, Size. It has it all.
I know you're extremely worried about what people think of the gadgets you use, and don't want to be seen in public with something that has buttons.

The funny thing is that when other companies come out with their things similar to the iPhone, you (and others like you...there are many) will be like "that's such a cheap knock-off", even if it's better than the iPhone (woah, imagine that).
burpingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:36 PM   #92
Catharsis
FURIOUS Dan FTW

I actualy hate the buttons set up on the Ipod. I wish it would have standard button.

Armory Link
Catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:38 PM   #93
Seraph
>:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by burpingcat
I know you're extremely worried about what people think of the gadgets you use, and don't want to be seen in public with something that has buttons.
no need to be an ass.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:41 PM   #94
burpingcat
Really Enjoys The Magic Box

But it's true, and kinda silly. I'm not saying it to be mean.
burpingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:52 PM   #95
Reality
Sin and Punishment

I'll be the first one to say that there are some players out there that out class what the iPod does. Even when they are complete copy cats in looks, they manage to do innovations better then the iPod has in the past 5 years.

This for example is a Meizu iPod-ish Mini player. I plays video, music (not Apple's) and has the same storage and price of Apple's iPod Mini's. But as you can see, it already has features Apple's players do not.

So yeah, point is Apple makes good hardware. But every now and then you got those small guys who can/sometimes do make something better. But as it turns out, it took a Apple to get them to do it. The iPhone is no different in this case. Now since its out, companies will copy it and no doubt try to make something better. Most of the cell phones will be horrible cheap knock offs, but every now and then will be a rare jem that'll make you say "Why isn't Apple doing this with their phones?" Those are the ones you go for.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:56 PM   #96
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality
I'll be the first one to say that there are some players out there that out class what the iPod does. Even when they are complete copy cats in looks, they manage to do innovations better then the iPod has in the past 5 years.

This for example is a Meizu iPod-ish Mini player. I plays video, music (not Apple's) and has the same storage and price of Apple's iPod Mini's. But as you can see, it already has features Apple's players do not.

So yeah, point is Apple makes good hardware. But every now and then you got those small guys who can/sometimes do make something better. But as it turns out, it took a Apple to get them to do it. The iPhone is no different in this case. Now since its out, companies will copy it and no doubt try to make something better. Most of the cell phones will be horrible cheap knock offs, but every now and then will be a rare jem that'll make you say "Why isn't Apple doing this with their phones?" Those are the ones you go for.

*sniff sniff* Can..... can I ... hug you?

STEAM

Looking to make a Team Fortress 2 team. Pm me if interested.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:15 PM   #97
AmishNazi
Skag Killer Extraordanaire

I'm not discounting the options it comes with or it's features I'm just saying for the price it's way out of justification for me. If I had money to burn I'd be all over it, but $200 is pushing it for a phone for me. If you want one that is on you. That was my whole thing with the PS3 to, if someone can afford and justify it for themselves who are any of us to judge them.

I really like that Nokia Aeon

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
- Mark Twain
AmishNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:19 PM   #98
darren
... lol

i assume that if you buy it with a mobile contract the phone should be a lot cheaper than the RRP they have published. Well thats the way it works in the UK anyway .. If you take a 12 months + contract you get the top end phones like this one usually 30-50% cheaper than the RRP.
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:53 AM   #99
cosmoblues
I'm a Registered User

Problem solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishNazi

I really like that Nokia Aeon
Seriously; saw that thing and said, "iWhat?"
cosmoblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 05:58 PM   #100
Nephilim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality

Ipod looking phones have been out for a few years now, normally with a 1.2-2 camera and sd slot
cheap korean look a likes

easy to find on ebay
Nephilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:21 AM   #101
tonychau

SNL iphone special
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4VieMjZYfI

Conan - iPhone Commercial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLo1USJIkgY

let hope Apple is making iWish soon!
tonychau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:35 PM   #102
ATMA
Gamer junkie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p01RjigiYF0&eurl=

:p

You guys also didnt let Steve Jobs finish talking, so yeah sorry no eternal life for you either.
ATMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 03:47 PM   #103
Drunken Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephilim
Ipod looking phones have been out for a few years now, normally with a 1.2-2 camera and sd slot
cheap korean look a likes

easy to find on ebay
I wouldn't buy a phone on ebay that came from Korea.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote