The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 01-13-2007, 12:07 AM   #31
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
You got till mid year to save up enough for a DX10 upgrade Thats heaps of time.
I'm not really well informed in PC hardware so i have no idea what that is. I do know that my laptop cant be upgraded cause its a weird model where motherboard, graphics board, network board and all small boards are one piece only. So to upgrade it, i would actually have to buy a new PC. Wich i plan to in a couple years when i get a job.
For now i cant even dream of getting a new PC cause its way too expensive. I'd have to cut on all my gaming needs for a whole year to afford it, wich is too much to ask of me.
With a bit of luck though, the game will work on my laptop even though if i want it in its full glory i will have to get a 360 at some point... after a price cut .
Old 01-13-2007, 12:11 AM   #32
Reko8

I thought DX10 was direct x 10, which is free. If not, theyre talking about some kind of graphics card feature.
Reko8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 12:16 AM   #33
Nem
Smash bro!

Oh! If its DirectX10, the game will work on that format on Windows Vista and DirectX9 on XP. The guy in the video interview i mentioned before also said that.

Well since i mentioned it twice now i should leave a link for the interview.

Here it is:
http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1905
Its the CES 07 Graphics and Gameplay Interview video.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:40 AM   #34
Alucard

Yeah, this is the year of DX10 upgrading. I dunno but if you're happy spending money on a 360, you could get a PC that would be probably a bit more powerful then it with around the same amount of money. That doesnt include monitor though which I have no idea if you have one or not. But yeah laptops are generally not very upgradable.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:45 AM   #35
Decado

Quote:
Yeah, this is the year of DX10 upgrading. I dunno but if you're happy spending money on a 360, you could get a PC that would be probably a bit more powerful then it with around the same amount of money. That doesnt include monitor though which I have no idea if you have one or not. But yeah laptops are generally not very upgradable.
IMO, that's next year. It doesn't seem to be worth it this year (Crysis notwithstanding). Plenty of time for prices to drop, developers to get on board and M$ to work the bugs out of DX10 and Vista.
Decado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 04:32 AM   #36
Alucard

Yeah Crysis is the only big thing that I'd really want to play badly. My DX10 upgrade isnt schedualed till end of the year. I'll have my video card for over 3 years by then and the thing still runs most games at full detail.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:36 PM   #37
Reko8

Quote:
Im waiting to get a LCD 19" monitor from my work for $20
Old 01-18-2007, 07:25 PM   #38
Reko8

I got a $30 card for Barnes and Nobles so I think I'm going to go purchase the first part of the collection for Conan. Seems like a good read.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:14 AM   #39
Alucard

Whats the LCD screen?

Heres some new info on classes for the game-

http://community.ageofconan.com/wsp/...&table=CONTENT