The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 01-17-2007, 05:18 PM   #1
Nano Fox
All your WIFI are belong to us!

Location: I fell in love with a woman, but my family didn't like her. (Friend)Your parents? (Me) No, my wife and kids.
The Burning Crusade - How many times your server crash?

Kilrogg - at LEAST a dozen times.
What a eventful night too.

Old 01-17-2007, 05:31 PM   #2
Nindalf

does it have anything new for under 60s? i have a 52 and got bored with the original.
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 06:07 PM   #3
Vegetto
Alive

I just started WoW for the first time evar so yeah, wont be touchin BC

my warrior is lvl 18 =D!!

workin on takin out ol murk eye
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 06:37 PM   #4
Yoshi Girl
(mandy)

probably wont be back on for another month or so
XBL: Mandiford (send me a message so I know who you are)
Yoshi Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:38 PM   #5
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Nope no crashes here.... cause I don't play the game! ZING!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:15 PM   #6
Keits
Kaizoku da!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano Fox
Kilrogg - at LEAST a dozen times.
What a eventful night too.
LOL!

I do not know how people can STILL defend this game.
Keits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:19 PM   #7
Catharsis
FURIOUS Dan FTW

None yet, I have enjoyed what I have played so far.

Armory Link
Catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:15 PM   #8
Reko8

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime
Nope no crashes here.... cause I don't play the game! ZING!
I love the word Zing
Reko8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:49 PM   #9
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Any words that I say you should love without thinking about it. I'm that awesome.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:08 AM   #10
Pikachief
To save or to feed?

my brother ahs been playing so much that i havent even gottten more than 10 hours on my charatcer i will when BC comes out!
Old 01-18-2007, 03:51 AM   #11
Nem
Smash bro!

No crashes on Eonar. Just a forced restart at midnight when the BC came online.

I got my copy and started questing on outworld with my lvl60 dwarf priest and i must say im very pleased. Its like the game was restarted in terms of armor. Quests now have very good rewards, almost or in some cases better than old epics. Quests seem more interesting too. (for example i completed a quest that required me to bomb some targets while riding a griffon).
Also created a blood elf on horde side and was very pleased at the starter area.

Nindalf, to your question. New content was added in a patch in preparation to TBC mostly in the form of some new skills and revamped/expanded talent trees. In the BC game itself you have a few new areas and 2 new cities + quests for lower level characters. Basicaly made to accomodate the 2 new races starter areas.

With that said The Exodar is the weirdest city ever!
Old 01-18-2007, 08:51 AM   #12
da missinlink
MIA It would seem

Quote:
French WoW player reaches level 70 in 28 hours
By Wesley Yin-Poole - 17/01/2007 - 11:35am GMT

A die-hard World of Warcraft player has reached level 70 within 28 hours of The Burning Crusade's release.

Gullerbone, a 24-year-old French WoW player, reached level 70 at 4:04 am (CET) on January 17, 2007. He is believed to be the world's first.

The Burning Crusade, the expansion to World of Warcraft, the most popular MMO on earth with eight million subscribers, went on sale in the UK at midnight (GMT) on Monday 15 January.

One of the game's new features was to raise the level cap from 60 to 70. Most experienced players had suggested it would take a number of months at least to achieve the goal.

In an interview with World of Raids.com, Gullerbone, who reached level 70 with a mage class character called Gawell, told how he had help from 40 in-game friends working with him around the clock.

He said: "Cau (the 1st European lvl 60) and I planned the exp(erience) route step by step, trying everything to make sure it was the most appropriate, the groups organization with the guild Millenium and their members. Each member rotated using a definite order to help me to grind on mobs, mostly with AE, surrounded with several guildmate healers, tanks, pullers etc..."

Gullerbone used a tactic of 'tagging' computer controlled enemies, which allowed him to achieve experience points even though his guildmates killed them.

When asked how many players he had help from, he said: "Well at first we had only five (during the first 10 hours or so) so that 10 of the members could get to lvl 62. Then in the morning we were 15 in order to kill the mobs at a faster rate. Finally in the evening, everyone was involved and we could gather a 35 man raid to help me in Netherstorm with our new lvl 62 doing most of the job."

The fact that a player has managed to reach level 70 so fast will not please developers Blizzard, who had hoped to see the Burning Crusade occupy fans for at least a year.

However, given the fanaticism of the World of Warcraft fan base, it was perhaps inevitable that a number of players would have devoted so much time and effort in to reaching level 70 as soon as possible.

When asked if he alone played the character non stop for 28 hours, Gullerbone said: "I sure did. I slept from two to 10pm on Monday (woke up two hours before TBC launch), so the physical preparation was a part of the plan."
http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/17-01-2007-4522.html

Maybe you people that still play WoW can learn something.
da missinlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:42 PM   #13
Nem
Smash bro!

Sad person right there.

Normal people take 2 days to get to lvl61!
Old 01-18-2007, 02:54 PM   #14
Nano Fox
All your WIFI are belong to us!

Location: I fell in love with a woman, but my family didn't like her. (Friend)Your parents? (Me) No, my wife and kids.
Gawell cheated to get to 70, Aparently there is a bug where you get more exp from kills when you tag a elite mob and have a 40 man raid kill it for you.

Only reason my server went down so many times is, they took a over populated server and merged our already over populated server, so when you have que's that are over 1000, you start to wonder what the fuck?
Old 01-18-2007, 03:26 PM   #15
Catharsis
FURIOUS Dan FTW

After some more time Im very pleased. Well worth the wait and time. Only thing that concerns me is that I dont want to get sucked back in like I was before I got to 60 and slowed down on my main.

Armory Link
Catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote