The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 01-08-2007, 01:23 AM   #1
Alucard

Microsoft announces the HP TouchSmart PC

Now this is pretty damn cool. Not that I'd buy one or can afford one. Or even really want one. But the things they should come out for us after this should be cool to see.

Quote:
In its zeal to take over your living room, Microsoft announced the HP TouchSmart PC at the Gates keynote -- a desktop machine with a touchscreen interface designed to be an easy to use entertainment hub in the home. We caught wind of this unit back at the end of November, and the thing looks raring to kick the iMac's ass. It's coming loaded with a 19-inch touchscreen, AMD Turion 64 X2 dual core TL-52 processor, 2GB SDRAM, 320GB drive, NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600, WiFi, Bluetooth, integrated 1.3 megapixel camera, integrated FM and ATSC HDTV tuners, a DVD±RW / DVD-RAM burner with LightScribe, Pocket Media Drive bay, wireless keyboard, mouse, stylus, front media reader, and more ports than the Dutch coastline. The TouchSmart will of course be running Windows Vista and be available January 30 to coincide with Vista's street date.
http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/07/m...touchsmart-pc/

Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 01:26 AM   #2
Drunken Savior

I wanna shoot clue goo all over it!

BTW, Alucard....what's the name of that virtually shockproof laptop? The reason I need to know is that I'm working on a plan to get one through a University grant on the grounds that I do work for them in the field.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 01:47 AM   #3
Reality
Sin and Punishment

One of the better iMac copy cats on the market to say the least. The touch screen is really its only edge. MacWorld is next week though. We'll see if Apple has anything to destroy this M$ thunder. Either way its good someone huge stepped in to give Apple a little copy cat competition. Maybe it'll get them to start offering more in their hardware for a chance.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:42 AM   #4
Alucard

The touchscreen is what makes that system cool. And I dont know the shockproof laptop thingie. I'm sure it should be listed somewhere on that site.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:00 AM   #5
Seraph
>:3

Nintendo proved touchscreens are gimmicks
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:01 AM   #6
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
What would the touch screen function be even for? actually using Vista and double clicking with your finger on the screen?
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:53 PM   #7
Alucard

Dont think of this as your typical windows system. You could do ALOT with a touchscreen and keyboard/mouse combo.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:00 PM   #8
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Not enough hands lol
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:33 PM   #9
IoriYagami n8
Pinkerton

With any kind of set-top box or PC I like to be able to kick back and do things. I don't want to have to get off my sofa to go touch the screen. I don't want to have to lean foward in my chair to do it either. It's just easier to use a mouse or a remote. I'm really not sure what is so cool about this little box, I couldn't find a use for it if I tried.