The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 12-12-2006, 11:26 PM   #31
Nem
Smash bro!

I have a holy priest and needless to say it sucks on PvP. The thing about WoW priests is that they dont have instant cast heals. You need at least 1,5sec cast to perform a heal. Thats bad when other classes (for example mages) have loads of instant casts with high damage output.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMA
Looks also but my racial activates when I die ..so I can run to my corpse faster ..lot of good that will do me -_- but like dwarfs got stone form imba for pvp and pve also. And yeah looks ..I like how male nelfs attack with mace/sword/daggers but I wanted to be a fist rogue and I will be one in TBC, and yesterday a mate of mine got r14 fist and his attack animation was just lol. And our new stealth animation is tarded also.

Oh and racial does play a role especially in pvp and horde has a huge + there, will of forsaken is imba free trinket to break fear and fear just ruins this game and make it easy mode for premades that use fear, fear, fear, fear,fear and they themself are forsakens with will of forsaken. warstomp is nice also many times I was about to kill tauren druid/shaman about to land last blow *warstomp* insta heal to almost 100% -_- even with wound poison on :<

But my racial.... run to my corpse faster.

Was about to drop by today on your server but got stock on a premade with my guild doing wsg farmed that place for like +6 hours straight.
No worries. I'm busy this week with an exam so it might be hard to catch me online. But for next week im planning good things!
Old 12-12-2006, 11:42 PM   #32
Catharsis
FURIOUS Dan FTW

Shadow Priests were indirectly nerfed. We didnt get much from the new tree's so basicly they made us not so overpowered. I used to be able to take on 2-3 tier 2 warriors at 1 time without taking hardly a scratch.

Armory Link
Catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 07:27 AM   #33
Reko8

So is it worth going priest at all anymore? They said theyre healing is useless and that a pally can heal the same. Which I disbelieve from when I played, but I dont know how much the patch changed things.
Reko8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 09:28 AM   #34
Catharsis
FURIOUS Dan FTW

No, pallys do not heal anywere near as good as a priest. If any class is to be branded useless it would be pallys anyways, the only thing there good at is prolonging there own death.

Druids can be better healers in some ways then a priest. But thats realy 100% dependent on build and gear. SO yes, its very much still important to have Priests, although I dont know anything about that becouse Im shadow and I try to heal as little as possible.

Quote:
I have a holy priest and needless to say it sucks on PvP.
LOL, how did I miss the Holy Part. Dude, dont pvp with a Holy priest. You are a heal bot, not a fighter. If you want to pvp with your priest go down the shadow tree and spend nothing in Holy otherwise its your own fault that you suck at pvp. A priest is one of the best built classes for pvp when they have shadow form.

Armory Link
Old 12-13-2006, 09:43 AM   #35
ATMA
Gamer junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharsis
Shadow Priests were indirectly nerfed. We didnt get much from the new tree's so basicly they made us not so overpowered. I used to be able to take on 2-3 tier 2 warriors at 1 time without taking hardly a scratch.

Good thing also, as if you guys need more power, fucking skilless overpower class I tell you. Shadow priest is the only class in blues that can take most classes in epics with eas. Curious with the selfclaimed new formula for fear that blizz cooked up how easy shadowpriests will be in TBC, but then again they get much more HP now and with 25 sec fear think it wont be much different from now anyways. fear shield dot dot dot mindflay wand wand wand dot shield fear etc etc.
ATMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 10:18 AM   #36
Catharsis
FURIOUS Dan FTW

Actualy "fucking skillless" is inacurate. In pvp it actualy takes a decent amount of skill to play a shadow priest. The reason the tactics seem cheap is becouse we are confined to one tree were all other classes have 3 full tree's. A shadow priest litteraly had a nuke, a dot, a fear, and mind flay. Thats all. Mow we have 2 dots, big woop.

I will be the first to say that we WERE overpowered. Not anymore though.

Armory Link
Old 12-13-2006, 06:13 PM   #37
Nano Fox
All your WIFI are belong to us!

Location: I fell in love with a woman, but my family didn't like her. (Friend)Your parents? (Me) No, my wife and kids.
Quote:
No, pallys do not heal anywere near as good as a priest. If any class is to be branded useless it would be pallys anyways, the only thing there good at is prolonging there own death.
Beyound truth there, worthless class. not to mention if there's two of em..
Old 12-14-2006, 10:03 AM   #38
ATMA
Gamer junkie

Quote:
In pvp it actualy takes a decent amount of skill to play a shadow priest.

How is just standing in 1 spot eating damage (yeah absorb even more than tanks can gg bliz) shield yourself and putting dot on people and fear every 25 sec rince and repeat "takes a decent amount of skill to play"?

Shadowpriest is the only class that actually force me to put on my pvp trinket to break that fear and after that I have 25 secs to kill it meaning I have to eat through the shield AND through it's +50% armor mitigation <sp> and outdamage mindflay while at it also. Is it no wonder that Shadowpriest is the only class in blues that can kill most classes in epics?
Old 12-14-2006, 12:08 PM   #39
Catharsis
FURIOUS Dan FTW

Its called survivability and its the only thing a shadow priest has going for it. Our attacks are weak, our nuke has a cooldown, and we are generaly the first target becouse of shadow form.

There are classes far more dangerous then a shadow priest in combat. It just depends on what class you play. You dont see me bitching that a rogue can one hit me even when I have decent gear on.

Armory Link
Old 12-14-2006, 01:02 PM   #40
ATMA
Gamer junkie

It's not a rogue's fault that you are sitting with less than 50% hp, rly with even kingsfall in MH a rogue cant even ambush you and kill you, especially not in Shadowform.

And a decent premade see a shadow priest they just CC it, Shadow priests cant heal good, let alone his team hence why it gets ignored and the other reason is they simply absorbs so much damage hence they are left for last. Go out of shadow form and then you become primary target. :]

I understand you guys need survivability believe me I play a rogue we also become primary target once we get out of stealth and we wear leather has no type of absorb shield no CC only blind and our defense mechanisme (dodge) gets counter with overpower/raptorstrike with the 2 other classes we can melee easily. But being in blue gears and cloth shouldnt mean you can kill 3 classes with epics AT THE SAME TIME, it's just retarded and obviously overpower, not to mention you have 25 sec to kill a shadowpriest you dont do that you loose keep in mind the priest itself kills you very easy before 25 sec.

I know hunters and locks are overpower currently but I can beat them, for shadowpriest I MUST equip a trinket for them and I still wont be near 50% chance to win. Oh let alone a rank 14 shadowpriest with shitloads of HP. :<

Might spec Hemo and take cloak and shadow and see how that will go against shadowpriests. :>
Old 12-14-2006, 01:50 PM   #41
Catharsis
FURIOUS Dan FTW

I apreciate the sensibly responce.

As I said, I will admit we were overpowered. We arent in our currant state though much to alot of peoples delight I imagine. However your comment that a shadow priest takes no skill still irks me. Perhaps some people can respec shadow and be togh to kill without realy knowing how to play but in that case they are only short fused bombs. SHadow priests have in-built limits as to what we can do becouse we burn mana less eficently then any other caster class.

I have spent 60 lvls refining my tree(I have the 50 gold respec 50 since lvl 35 to prove it) and Im damn proud that I have built the best tree that I can for what I do. Im also proud of my ability to not run out of mana in 10 seconds when all of my gear has no spirit. Every class can be cheap in the wrong hands but to chastise them all based on a few players is wrong IMO. There are rogues, hunters, locks, shamens, ect out there that can be just as cheap.

Armory Link
Old 12-14-2006, 03:25 PM   #42
Nano Fox
All your WIFI are belong to us!

Location: I fell in love with a woman, but my family didn't like her. (Friend)Your parents? (Me) No, my wife and kids.
Mages are cheap too i just can't stand rogs and locks, only thing bothers me with hunters is there lame freeze trap that last's forever! and gayadins just bubble and charge at me cause their afraide ill kill them. bubble = +10min/use plz! druids, warriors, priests hate my guts, i rip them apart and have no problems. i don't care how decked out in gear you are, you'll die by my arcane damage before you could pot.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:45 PM   #43
ATMA
Gamer junkie

Quote:
I apreciate the sensibly responce.

As I said, I will admit we were overpowered. We arent in our currant state though much to alot of peoples delight I imagine. However your comment that a shadow priest takes no skill still irks me. Perhaps some people can respec shadow and be togh to kill without realy knowing how to play but in that case they are only short fused bombs. SHadow priests have in-built limits as to what we can do becouse we burn mana less eficently then any other caster class.

I have spent 60 lvls refining my tree(I have the 50 gold respec 50 since lvl 35 to prove it) and Im damn proud that I have built the best tree that I can for what I do. Im also proud of my ability to not run out of mana in 10 seconds when all of my gear has no spirit. Every class can be cheap in the wrong hands but to chastise them all based on a few players is wrong IMO. There are rogues, hunters, locks, shamens, ect out there that can be just as cheap.
Okay i'll take my remark of shadowpriest being a skillless class back (this ofcourse in no way implied before to EVERYONE that plays a Shadowpriest is skilless) but it's just funny to see 1 cloth class beats 2-3 people in epics at the same time by the push of 2-4 buttons. Also that Shadowpriest is currently and probably the only class that can kill most classes and in certain situations 2 classes at the same time in epics while themself being in blue. You yourself said you had taken 2 warrs in epics down. In TBC Shadowpriest will be kinda unbeatable they'll have a lot more HP and armor to deal with in that 25 seconds before the next fear comes up.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:47 PM   #44
ATMA
Gamer junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano Fox
and gayadins just bubble and charge at me cause their afraide ill kill them. bubble = +10min/use plz!

At lvl +60 (cant remember the excact lvl when priests get the new rank dispell) but priests can dispell their bubble. :> They wont be that annoying to kill anymore when you have a priest as a partner.