The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 12-17-2006, 12:52 AM   #16
Catharsis
FURIOUS Dan FTW

I dont have a mac becouse I will sacrifice some stability for usability. Also im not into hip and trendy PC's or video editing.

Armory Link
Catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 01:19 AM   #17
Joe Redifer
Olé!

There's nothing hip or trendy about Final Cut Pro. It's just an awesome set of editing tools that I use professionally (my office is all Macs).
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 05:35 AM   #18
darren
... lol

that is the things with Macs, like you say they are not gaming systems. And IMO since i sit behind a PC all day at work the last tihng i want to do when i get home is sit behind a PC to play games.

They are used by people to run serious applicaiton. Look in almost any music stuido in the world and you will not see a PCs you will see Macs running Reason and or Logic.

Look in the most Desktop Publishing firms around the world and again you will mostly see Macs running. This quote springs to mind fom when i read an article about desktop publishing and a speach Bill Gates gave at a conference "Seeing the look on Gates' face when he walked into the room and every single one of us had a Mac open on the desk in front of us was priceless".

As for giving up "sacrifice some stability for usability" as someone said, I call nonsense on that statement, unless you play PC games. Anyhing can done on a Mac and probebly better. As for using an iMac at home, well when my last PC went pop, i desided to give the MAcs a try. I'm glad i did, i will never by a PC again from home use the make does everything the PC did (as like i have already said i do not play games on them) and it does them better than my PC did, with an OS that is much more stable than anything MS have ever some up with. They are not everyones cuppa tea but for, its the bestmove i ever made and would suggest to anyone that does not play games on PCs. that when theres goes pop they try a Mac. IMO worth every penny
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 05:55 AM   #19
fruitsofherwomb
False Orders Begone

Macs are pretty worthless to the average person. No one here records professional music and that can also be do on a PC. Seriously I have edited movies on a Mac and PC and I don't see what the BIG deal about Macs are.

Steve Jobs is also the most worthless human being in the world.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:58 AM   #20
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitsofherwomb
Steve Jobs is also the most worthless human being in the world.
True, he only gets paid $1 a year by Apple. Fo' realz.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:35 PM   #21
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Despite popular belief macs are more useful and more efficient to the average person any day. I never made a home movie and recorded music on my Mac once I my whole user life with the OS. I use mac the same way any average person would use a computer for. Internet, e-mail, instant messengers, storing some music, ect. As a person who can place a Mac laptop beside my Gaming WIndows XP Computer, I can tell you now everything is is still 2x-3x easier to do on a Mac then what Windows has. I can't find a windows equal to anything software wise I use on my laptop. And what I do find is stupidly complex unlike the simplicity mac designers create for their apps.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:22 PM   #22
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitsofherwomb
Macs are pretty worthless to the average person. No one here records professional music and that can also be do on a PC.
I don't record music professionally exactly, but our band does record music and of course having to go to practice i'd like to take the stuff i worked on with me, so i was thinking of getting either a laptop (which is pretty much a pc) or a mac mini (smaller mac of course) and to choose between the 2 i'd pick the mac mini because it seems (note i said seems) like it would be more stable than using a laptop for music recording. I've used a few recording programs on a mac at guitarcenter and it did very nicely. Also from people i've talked to before that have used macs for a good while have said that they're better for multimedia (music/photo editing, etc).

STEAM

Looking to make a Team Fortress 2 team. Pm me if interested.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:44 PM   #23
[M]egaman Ver.6
Sign 'O' The Times

I use PCs for recording my muscial projects, infact it's a Dell and I like it better than using a G5.
U're my private joy
[M]egaman Ver.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 01:17 AM   #24
AmishNazi
Skag Killer Extraordanaire

Two words: Fragmented Files.

Windows is the ONLY OS that has issues with this. When you're working with movies, music and images it effects quality. When you open a application it takes forever, and eventually kills your HDD way before it's time.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
- Mark Twain
AmishNazi is offline   Reply With Quote