The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > MagicBox Member Reviews

Old 01-08-2006, 11:17 AM   #226
Vicviper
Hello handsome!

Like I said, ALMOST any movie. I'm sure you can get other stellar classics such as Red Dawn and Rush Hour 1 & 2 and Friday the overrated POS Napoleon Dynamite and and the list goes on. But people didn't buy the PSP for games they bought it for movies and MP3s.
Vicviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:11 PM   #227
Torquer
Banned

I'll take "ratings far too high", for 500.
Torquer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 04:24 AM   #228
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicviper
Like I said, ALMOST any movie. I'm sure you can get other stellar classics such as Red Dawn and Rush Hour 1 & 2 and Friday the overrated POS Napoleon Dynamite and and the list goes on. But people didn't buy the PSP for games they bought it for movies and MP3s.
Just the name of that movie is disgracing. I've heard so many people say how good that movie was and how "funny" it was. I seen like 5 minutes of it and just got up and walked away. They're lucky that it was my cousin who wasted her money buying that movie and not me because Id've asked for a refund. As far as gettinga lmost any movie, it more or less depends on where you're buying them from. If you go to the "common" places like eb and whatnot, then you're going to find the most popular titles there... probably not readily available, but they're usually sold there. Now if you're finding something else (as far as umd movies), then you'd have to order them online because chances are eb isn't going to have them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicviper
But people didn't buy the PSP for games they bought it for movies and MP3s.
Which is the main reason my friend sold his. He wanted to look for good games and couldn't find many. I think he had only darkstalkers and what ever puzzle game that was for psp. I was going to get a psp instead of a ds, but something told me to get the ds instead. Not only that, but I had only enough for the ds and 1 game since my check was small that week. So I got the DS and now I'm happy about it. Even though I would enjoy mp3s on the go, but I don't like watching movies on the go. Also I'd rather much listen to my mp3s on my computer, which is hooked up to my stereo system and have better quality and very good volume.

STEAM

Looking to make a Team Fortress 2 team. Pm me if interested.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 01:04 PM   #229
Messanic
I'm D-E-D, Dead!

Beatmania

After a long three month hiatus of sleeping with foreing whores and getting drunk Messanic is back. This time with another review on one of my favorite types of video games, music. We'll start with Beatmania for now, if I have time later then I'll review DJ Max Portable as well.

Graphics - 8
This is a mixing game, the point is to make music and to do as accurately as possible. If you spend your time concentrating on the video's instead of the control panel, your just not playing the game. Even still the videos are pretty save for a few grainy ones, that may be due to the song being old as some songs are from really old mixes.

Sound - 9
The title screen is a little annoying, but otherwise this and the songlist are the main points of the game. Theres definitely more Techno, Dance and Garage in this game than there has been in any DDR game a Bemani US gamer has been introduced to. I just happen to like music in any genre, so as long as it sounds good I'll have no qualms.

Songlist - 8
The songlist could have been better, especially since most DDR games that have hit the US are actually composed mostly of Beatmania songs. I'm kinda irked at this because while we do get several really great songs. Other songs like "Can Be Real, A, Xenon, and Abyss" are not found in this game.

Gameplay - 8
This game is a bit of a mixed bag, Instead of giving us Beatmania with 5 keys, they gave us IIDX with 7 keys, however, like the original IIDX games, its possible to choose between 5 and 7 keys. The game has a very steep learning curve for IIDX but Beatmania is quite easy to pick up. However I have a problem with that, As soon as I mastered IIDX, it was somewhat awkward for me to go back to 5 keys. Other than that, this game is fun, like Guitar Hero, once you start, you can't stop. While I may not get that much of a workout from playing, I do enjoy putting a whole song together.

Replay - 9
This game has quite a bit of replay value, while there are no unlockables, theres a limited internet ranking, and free mode. With free mode you can continuosly play songs that you have played or cleared in arcade mode and well, get better. I wish there was more to this game, because like many other short and sweet titles this one leaves me craving for more.

Final verdict - 8.4
This mix of Beatmania is like a woman with great sex, while she may not have much to offer, you'll never get tired of fuckin'. Oh and yeah, all the elitests and people at EGM can sucka nut, this release is probably one of the best Bemani game releases in the US since DDR Konamix.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:54 AM   #230
Icarus4578
Deal with it.

I tried playing Beatmania once and couldn't figure out what all the fuss was about. My guess: people like it because of the music. Anyway, what's with all the lewd talk about sex? I take it it's always on your mind.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:55 PM   #231
Messanic
I'm D-E-D, Dead!

Beatmania IIDX 11: IIDXRED

Hi and welcome again, this is Messanic back with yet another Beatmania game.

Graphics - 9
Much better than Beatmania US, but given that it's an import, I can't put it past Komani. On top of the pretty menus and Japanese text, there are gear mods, gear mods simply change your interface, quite a nice set up, you can do it by simply going to customize.

Sound - 9
Since this game is a japanese mix, that means that it's more akin' to the arcade version of 2005. Which means that there arent any sounds and crap borrowed from various other Beatmania games. This game has a lot more varied in music than the previous outing for the US.

Songlist - 10
The songlist is friggin' awsome and rather large. Some people say that 10th Style is better, but I havent played 10th Style yet. This game includes of 80 songs all from the arcade version, older IIDX games and some songs from 12th: Happy Sky and 13th: Distorted. I havent played the previous or preceding IIDX titles but if the songlist of old and new is anything to by, then I'll have a blast with Happy Sky and the like.

Gameplay - 9
This game is fuckin' hardcore, songs are ridiculously difficult to play, and all it does is make me a better player. I know some people don't like being masochists, but when the game is good, pain becomes unconditional pleasure. I really don't suggest anyone play this as thier first due to the insane learning curb. This is for pros only.

Replay - 9
The songs are all available in Free mode from the start, including the unlockables, theres a Beginners and Training mode too. The difficulty didn't turn me off, but it might scare other people.

Final verdict - 9.2
A very big difference in terms of gameplay and sound in this mix, I enjoy importing, hence why I was able to play this game. I really enjoyed this mix, a lot more than the US mix actully, get this if you truly are hardcore.
Old 10-14-2006, 03:49 PM   #232
Messanic
I'm D-E-D, Dead!

God Hand

So I was at my local BBV ready to pick up Tales of the Abyss, I didn't pick up TotA, but I did buy Godhand. It was only $30 so I thought what the hell, my buddies said it was good so I thought what the hell...

Graphics - 6
The graphics are alright, but the clipping errors bring it down quite a bit. The walls tend to dissappear quite a bit, and its a shame the folks at Clover didn't fix it. The character models are where the graphical quality really went, everyone seems to be rendered well and I didn't see any clipping on the models.

Sound - 7
The voice acting is top notch and the music is quite catchy, when you can hear it anyways. I don't really think there was a game that I've played from Capcom that really had any bad voice acting.

Gameplay - 7
Considering the fact that people put this game in high regards, I must say, DMC is better than this. River City Ransom is better than this, Final Fight is better than this game and both FF and GH share the same unfairness in gameplay. The game has tank controls and they take some getting used to as the game is very clunky at the start. You get to customize the your combo and your 'Godhand' attacks. But the amount of time spent in trial and error may discourage one. What really pisses me off is that every so often some random flunky will turn into a demon after you've killed them. These guys are far to annoying for anyone to fight all the time.

Replay - 7
I don't enjoy getting my ass kicked but I do like to overcoming a serious challenge, even when it's unfair.

Final verdict - 6.8
There are some problems in this game that can be easily fixed in a sequal but due to Clover disbanding that ain't happenin'...
Old 10-14-2006, 05:24 PM   #233
Vegetto
Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messanic
After a long three month hiatus of sleeping with foreing whores and getting drunk Messanic is back

like the knuckles girl?
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 05:26 PM   #234
AmishNazi
Skag Killer Extraordanaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegetto
like the knuckles girl?

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
- Mark Twain
AmishNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 05:27 PM   #235
AmishNazi
Skag Killer Extraordanaire

Quote:
like the knuckles girl?

too much funny for just one post.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
- Mark Twain
AmishNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:42 PM   #236
Dracula

Yep. Kind of like watching someone repeatedly stick their finger in a wall socket without being able to figure out that they ought to stop it.
Dracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 11:39 PM   #237
Messanic
I'm D-E-D, Dead!

Quote:
like the knuckles girl?
Hurr, while having sex with Sobakasu would have been nice, it didn't really happen. I read the thread again, and oh my god. I didn't think it would get that bad, what was supposed to be a joke turned out to be a disaster. I'm not Bdork, and I don't know how something so obviously stupid and untrue was taken so seriously, but that isn't completely who I am. In all honesty, I try to be a little out of my real character on the internet, but that was just so wrong. I'm sorry everyone and especially Sobakasu, I had no idea that would cause so much damage to her or myself.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:13 AM   #238
B.B. Gambini
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messanic
After a long three month hiatus of sleeping with foreing whores and getting drunk Messanic is back.

you expect us to believe that sh!t?
B.B. Gambini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:37 AM   #239
Nindalf

i think we all lie on the internet at one point or another. poor messanic just got caught. for example, i'm not really finnish.
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 12:29 PM   #240
SuperAngelo64
Surprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nindalf
i think we all lie on the internet at one point or another. poor messanic just got caught. for example, i'm not really finnish.

Well atleast you're still a giant raddish... right?
SuperAngelo64 is offline   Reply With Quote