The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Microsoft Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2006, 02:53 PM   #1
Gr8BashingU

500 years after

New Fable 2 Tidbits Revealed
Lionhead teases us with scraps of info on the sequel to Project Ego.
by Daemon Hatfield

July 7, 2006 - At this year's E3, Microsoft teased us with a short video for Fable 2, showing off a more mature look and hinting at a playable female character, but little else. Yesterday on the company's website, Lionhead's Sam Vantilburgh gave a very brief update on the game's progress.

Apparently, the developer recently provided a "milestone" build to Microsoft Game Studios, which was well-received. The original Fable drew much ire when it was released without many of the features that had been talked up during its development. Lionhead seems to be avoiding that pitfall this time around, and is not revealing much yet, as "not only would our publisher shoot me in the face, the team would also be upset and I might say things I come to regret further down the line (when inevitable changes are made)." (Indeed, a shot in the face could very well be in store for him, as a certain lawyer recently pointed out.)

What Vantilburgh can tell us is the story has been finalized and is now being implemented into the game. Fable 2 is set roughly 500 years after the original and the world of Albion has seen some significant changes, both to its scenery and characters. (The video at E3 showed characters using guns, so the march of industry will apparently be evident in the sequel.) The story will be longer than the original's and also a bit more mature, and Vantilburgh believes many players may be shocked at the "rather cool" twists Lionhead has in store.

Vantilburgh adds that Lionhead will give another update after its milestone next month.

I can't wait to see what this game is going to be like. Really excited for 06/07 lineup...
Gr8BashingU is offline   Reply With Quote