The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Microsoft Discussion

Old 07-11-2006, 02:53 PM   #1
Gr8BashingU

500 years after

New Fable 2 Tidbits Revealed
Lionhead teases us with scraps of info on the sequel to Project Ego.
by Daemon Hatfield

July 7, 2006 - At this year's E3, Microsoft teased us with a short video for Fable 2, showing off a more mature look and hinting at a playable female character, but little else. Yesterday on the company's website, Lionhead's Sam Vantilburgh gave a very brief update on the game's progress.

Apparently, the developer recently provided a "milestone" build to Microsoft Game Studios, which was well-received. The original Fable drew much ire when it was released without many of the features that had been talked up during its development. Lionhead seems to be avoiding that pitfall this time around, and is not revealing much yet, as "not only would our publisher shoot me in the face, the team would also be upset and I might say things I come to regret further down the line (when inevitable changes are made)." (Indeed, a shot in the face could very well be in store for him, as a certain lawyer recently pointed out.)

What Vantilburgh can tell us is the story has been finalized and is now being implemented into the game. Fable 2 is set roughly 500 years after the original and the world of Albion has seen some significant changes, both to its scenery and characters. (The video at E3 showed characters using guns, so the march of industry will apparently be evident in the sequel.) The story will be longer than the original's and also a bit more mature, and Vantilburgh believes many players may be shocked at the "rather cool" twists Lionhead has in store.

Vantilburgh adds that Lionhead will give another update after its milestone next month.

I can't wait to see what this game is going to be like. Really excited for 06/07 lineup...
Gr8BashingU is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 02:59 PM   #2
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

This thread is hate bate but I love it anyway.
"I had a perfect nightmare on a starry torrid sea, I am cast in prison by a crippled demon's plea, The demon has three faces all are laughing down at me, The Banker with his filthy lucre sets the game astride, The General with raging might lets forth a battle cry, The Judge locks now the metal tomb where I am meant to die, But vengeance is a brutal beast not held by any cell, My wit is steeled my blade is wet so sound the reapers bell, Banker, Judge and General you all shall burn in hell."
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 03:00 PM   #3
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

This thread is hate bate but I love it anyway.

btw what does
Quote:
(Indeed, a shot in the face could very well be in store for him, as a certain lawyer recently pointed out.)
mean?

Edit, Damnit this was supposed to go into the above post. Hit the wrong button I guess,
"I had a perfect nightmare on a starry torrid sea, I am cast in prison by a crippled demon's plea, The demon has three faces all are laughing down at me, The Banker with his filthy lucre sets the game astride, The General with raging might lets forth a battle cry, The Judge locks now the metal tomb where I am meant to die, But vengeance is a brutal beast not held by any cell, My wit is steeled my blade is wet so sound the reapers bell, Banker, Judge and General you all shall burn in hell."
Old 07-11-2006, 03:46 PM   #4
Gr8BashingU

I really hope you are wrong, cause I liked Fable and a new one with more focus, time and features could really be something great...let the hate die early....
Old 07-11-2006, 03:53 PM   #5
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

In the latest issue of OXM Pete M said that the teaser trailer has ten hints about the gameplay. One of the things I noticed is that at the end two character were working together to kill something. I'm hoping that means co-op will be in the next one.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:07 PM   #6
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindMaphisto
btw what does mean?
This article comes from Gamespot. The quote you are refering to is where they give a link to the article where Jack Thompson say that gamers are more likely to shoot people in the face.

Quote:
I really hope you are wrong, cause I liked Fable and a new one with more focus, time and features could really be something great
Yea, I agree with you. Fable was a great game is you just ignore the promises that they did not deliever on. I am hoping though that they redeem themselves on Fable 2, but I am not holding out. Personally, I do not think this game will ever come out.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear Wii U=MrBear14518
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:01 PM   #7
Mistatee
Linguistic Massacre

If Fable was longer, had more depth in the combat, the weapons in particular (1 handed weapons were only used if you were too weak for 2 handed weapons, no DW, no shield), and in the end everyone wasn't the same, then the game would have been stellar. It settled for just averaged and clearly rushed.

But the good thiing is, a lot of the fixes are easy ones, and changing those, and hopefully how you communicated with villagers, are easilly up for change in the sequel
Old 07-12-2006, 01:47 AM   #8
Alucard

Am I allowed to hate on this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavedFromSin
I am hoping though that they redeem themselves on Fable 2,

Dont bother. PETER has shown multiple times in the past that he enjoys speaking **** and then giving you the left overs. He wil never, and I mean NEVER deliver a game with what he says it should come with. Nothing to do with me liking or not liking Fable, more me pointing out the developer is a retard and has been for the last 6 or so years.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 02:20 AM   #9
burpingcat
Really Enjoys The Magic Box

Hey guys, 500 years gives that acorn you planted in the first one plenty of time to grow huge so you can use it as a shield in a battle in the sequel
burpingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 02:32 AM   #10
Alucard

I dont know what the hell that avatar of yours is cat, but I love it.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:02 AM   #11
Gr8BashingU

It's a frog...so far... :bigsmile:
Old 07-12-2006, 07:16 AM   #12
Alucard

Oh god.. Now that I can see its a frog I'm even more scared.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:46 PM   #13
Vegetto
Alive

I will not give a shiz about this game

and if it turns out good then awesome

I wasted too much excitment on the first and was shot down so horribly...

so horribly...
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:06 PM   #14
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

I hope they don't punk out on the sex scenes again and I also hope you can make a female character and I also hope it won't take long to get her into a lesbian relationship.

I'm very progressive.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:57 PM   #15
Alucard

I could make my character in Fallout2 into a lesbian.