The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 04-04-2006, 12:18 PM   #16
sharky~
Out Run Master!

AO was better then DaoC ?_?
.. Still didnt like eather enough to go crazy.

I'm pretty much done with the hole fantasy games anyway.
Space MMOs FTW.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:33 PM   #17
Alucard

AO was space! Still my favourite MMO to this date. They just made so much variety in that thing. Just wish there was more then 1 desert planet at the start since thats what stopped me playing. I got tired of brown desert. And I fucking hate the colour brown.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 05:03 PM   #18
sharky~
Out Run Master!

I'd say it was more... Redish.. Brown.. but yes I know EXACTLY what you mean.
I get sick of just looking at the game these days.
everythings so bland.

Whats sad is Shadow Lands was just as dull.. just a slightly different colour.
I also was annoyed by the Yamaha(sp?) when 'driving' it there was no phisics what so ever.
Horrable.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:34 AM   #19
Alucard

Heres some more previews-

http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/699/699911p1.html

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/warha...ml?sid=6147072

Quote:
Fans of the Warhammer campaign setting will already be familiar with the game's starting six races--those being orcs, dwarves, high elves, dark elves, humans, and chaos--as well as the grim fantasy world they inhabit. Mythic apparently chose these six races for the game's launch because they represent three of the most long-standing rivalries in the setting (orcs versus dwarves, high elves versus dark elves, and humans versus chaos).

Interestingly, orcs in particular will look distinct from each other, and from other races, since the further orc characters advance, the taller and bulkier they'll become (though warrior characters from all races will apparently become more muscular over time). Developer Mythic, the creator of the competitive-PVP-focused Dark Age of Camelot, feels that it'll be much more important to be able to quickly identify characters from a distance, so that smaller, younger orcs can marvel at the size of their accomplished brethren, while younger dwarves will know who to steer clear of.

Your character will have two other sets of abilities: tactics and morale abilities. Tactics will be specific abilities that you'll gain as your character advances in different ways. Mythic is keeping the details on character advancement under wraps at the moment, though there will apparently be different skill sets each character can specialize in, and over the course of your career, you'll constantly unlock new skills, abilities, and even "emote" animations. These tactics will be loaded into a "strategy" hotkey bank; some may take up two or three slots, others only one. The idea is to plan out which tactics you want to bring into battle before you get down and dirty. Morale abilities can be acquired through regular advancement and by specializing, and they work based on a meter that gradually fills up in battle (and empties out quickly once the battle is over). You'll be able to access "cheaper" abilities that cost less morale, but part of Warhammer Online's combat strategy will be deciding whether or not to use lower-level abilities or to hold off until your meter fills up completely so that you can unleash your most devastating morale ability.

Even though the game has been in full production for only about seven months, it seems to have a solid foundation and is in the good hands of a developer with a lot of experience designing PVP games. If all goes according to plan, Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning will offer plenty of different things for explorers, socializers, and achievers to do, while also offering the most comprehensive PVP experience in an online role-playing game to date. The game is scheduled for release next year.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:11 AM   #20
Alucard

This ones for you sharky!