The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 02:14 AM   #1
Izzy
Rofl Waffle

Video - finally got one on google.

So google uploads videos...
But it takes around 5 days for them to verify it.
along time ago i said i would upload a video of my sm skills.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...29&q=stepmania
skip to minute 15:45.

Thats the only real impressive part to me.

Also google reduces the quality really bad. Making the sound off by a seccond or so.
"we'll take the box"
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 03:06 AM   #2
Seraph
>:3

Wow, your able to play ddr with two hands on a keyboard...

and that ladies and gentlemen is why DDR died in the arcades.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:53 AM   #3
Alexander
I speak with codes.

It isn't cool and it never will be, Izzy. The whole point of DDR is the physical aspect. You can't dance with your fingers. Hell, you can't step with them either.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:10 AM   #4
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

As good as your skills are with that izzy I have to agree with xander though. The point of these kind of DDR or DDR-type of games is the physical part of it. So far I see you have good hand/eye cordination, but with DDR you have to have good foot/eye cordination and basicly the speed to move your feet to the game. Speaking of which does anyone happen to have DDR Extreme 2? If so I'm willing to play against someone. I'm very good at ddr despite my height and weight, I guess football in highschool really paid off with all of the exersising of my legs that I did.

STEAM

Looking to make a Team Fortress 2 team. Pm me if interested.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:04 PM   #5
Seraph

On the topic do we have anyone whos good at DDR here?

Im pretty decent i can do 9-10 step songs.

And when i say good i mean your able to do hard songs without looking like a stomping flailing sweating idiot.

I think what i am is a dying breed. most kids that play DDR now miss the point and think the games all about score while they play Paranoia Eternal 300 on Hidden Reverse.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:07 PM   #6
Alexander
I speak with codes.

*raises hand*

I can do some of the harder ITG songs; 13ft+. I just put a giant metal pad in my room. Bar and everything! It's pretty neat.

And I agree with you about missing the point. Every time I go to the arcade, you see people playing with this new "style." Basically, they barely move their feet at all and play just for the score. It looks ridiculous. I don't go to tournaments or anything anymore. I'm sick of the competition. I play alone, sometimes with a couple friends, but I skip past the grading scale now. It only exists for bragging rights.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:07 PM   #7
Gamer CJ
US Marine

i played dance revolution once, i probobly got like, 4 points or something
Old 12-29-2005, 01:41 PM   #8
Seraph

Exactly Xander, playing DDR is almost like a performance. its a DANCE videogame, not a look-like-an-idiot-stomping-and-sweating game.

Dance is supposed to look good.

I miss the good old days. Back when 3rd Mix was a new thing here in the states. DDR players were a small niche and we were good at it. My local arcade is a Sega Gameworks, and the machine was right next to the Bar/Resturant. Everytime we played we drew a crowd of awestalkers.

Yet we kept it cool. Play 3, maybe 6 songs and thats the end of your performance. Play songs that are fast enough to be impressive, yet arent too spastic to make you loose the "dancing" part of your game.

Then the nerds got ahold of it.....
Old 12-29-2005, 03:09 PM   #9
Izzy
Rofl Waffle

You think that doesnt take any physical skill?
**** it. You guys will never understand

I play itg to. getting better.

Can at least pass up to 12 footers.

since when can you do 13's alex?
guess i havnt seen you play in forever.

There is two parts to the game.
Looking cool and doing good.
Personaly i think really fast songs where people are trying to do good are more impressive looking anyways.
"we'll take the box"

Last edited by Izzy; 12-29-2005 at 03:13 PM.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:44 PM   #10
Alexander
I speak with codes.

You've gone off the deep end. Just because you can pass a 12 or 13 foot song doesn't make the song fun or make it look cool. The best looking songs are 9 footers, end of discussion. I've given up playing in arcades because nobody plays for the right reasons anymore.

I miss back when getting a AA was almost unheard of.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:43 PM   #11
Izzy
Rofl Waffle

People play for the fun factor.
No one cares about the old days anymore except you.

You should try o2jam.
all the easy songs still give you great satisfaction when you hit the notes.
"we'll take the box"
Old 12-29-2005, 06:47 PM   #12
Seraph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander
I've given up playing in arcades because nobody plays for the right reasons anymore.
YES, finally somebody like me.

That?s exactly why I?ve given up playing in the arcades too. Nobody except other fellow DDR nerds think looking like your going into a spastic rampage is impressive. Heck, watching that video you looked ridiculous on a keyboard with 2 fingers, I can not imagine what that looks like with your whole body.

The enjoyment of playing in the arcade was about the crowds you could draw and the performance you gave people. Heck, if I wanted to play the game just for the sake of playing it, I got the home version. That was probably the most fun I had in arcades back then, Id do my 3 songs, turn around and literally take a bow to the clapping crowd.

Then it got popular with the nerds.

From then on, id go into the arcade, walk over to the machine and they would be there. They had chairs pulled up, a fan in front, and water bottles sitting on the machine. Now, granted I'm a nerd myself, but I'm more of a wanna be nerd on the side. I still have a normal life, normal office job, and I dress like an image conscience adult and I have a good idea of how to carry myself in public places. The kind of nerds that would be on the machine were the kind of people who don?t know the first thing about dancing or looking good.

The ONLY songs they ever played were those ultra fast ones that sound God awful. People wouldn?t walk by them and be stuck in awe anymore, they would avoid these kids and be scared away. Their performance was absolutely terrible and when I saw one of them play MAX300 by holding onto the bar, part of DDR died. It had now become a game for freaks to the general public. It?s not like I can wait my turn and then go up and make my "performance", nor could a cute girl go up and casually play or try it for the first time. They simply ruined it.

I have heard the saying before, ?Dancing is a privilege, not a right?. And nowadays I understand the full meaning of quote.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:13 PM   #13
Izzy
Rofl Waffle

I go to the arcade cause i dont have a homepad.
I do hate it when ditzy girls think they are cool my stomping on the arrows.
lame.

And seraph, you are getting to serious. Its just a game. For fun.
"we'll take the box"
Old 12-29-2005, 07:25 PM   #14
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

I play the game for both fun and to see what high score I can get. It depends on what mood I'm in when playing it. Like.... sometimes I'll play it on light mode when I'm just playing for plain old fun, but I'll put it on standard when I want to try and beat a score, BUT it's still fun that way (for me) regardless. My sis' boyfriend has the home version and we have fun playing it because he has two dance pads for it. I'm good at the game and I can have fun weather or not it's fast or slow, but I hate those ultra slow songs at the beginner levels.

STEAM

Looking to make a Team Fortress 2 team. Pm me if interested.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:11 PM   #15
Seraph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
And seraph, you are getting to serious. Its just a game. For fun.
yes you are right, but when something you loved sooo much is taken away from you, it kinda leaves a sore spot.
Closed Thread