Didn't care much for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicviper
Giga Wing 2
Hmmm....

Quote:
Test Drive-Vrally(good at the time)
Yeah at the time, but the game makes me nauseous, especially with that Euro-music.

Quote:
Ecco teh Dolphin
That was a good one. Probably some of the best graphics on the DC, but the control kinda sucked.

Quote:
Samba de Amigo
Metioned. Did you read my review or just scan it?

Quote:
Sega Bass/Marine fishing
No thank you.

Quote:
18-wheeler pro trucker
That game sucked so much ass. It was like I was playing a racing game in slow motion. The only thing I liked about it was how you could drive across the entire country in like 45 seconds (at 25mph).

Quote:
Oh and you cut me down because I had a dial up modem at the time.
You and everyone else who was online with the Dreamcast. I didn't single you out, I meant all other 247 people who played the Dreamcast online back in the day.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 11:03 PM   #887
Vicviper
Hello handsome!

Of course I read your review. My memory has been putting everything in short term lately.
Can I borrow your CDX?
Vicviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 12:20 AM   #888
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Not until you repay that $950 you borrowed! Or was it $9500? Yeah I think that was it.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:18 PM   #889
Vicviper
Hello handsome!

oh crap. I don't have that kind of money just laying around...............hey wait a minute! I know I don't owe you anything because I wrote it down on toilet paper.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:38 PM   #890
George Foreman

Joe, you gotta play Toy Commander; It will convert you!!!!!
Old 11-18-2005, 01:42 AM   #891
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Even if I loved the game more than life itself, the Dreamcast's rating as an overall console probably would not change because its controllers would still suck ass, it would still have those completely useless VMUs, it would still have the lens of deafness, and it would still have a very high percentage of average games.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:11 AM   #892
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Redifer
Even if I loved the game more than life itself, the Dreamcast's rating as an overall console probably would not change because its controllers would still suck ass, it would still have those completely useless VMUs, it would still have the lens of deafness, and it would still have a very high percentage of average games.
What i found good about the vmus was that you could trade data with someone without having to have your dc with you. I also enjoyed raising my chao on there, I did that glitch thing where you put the silver choa from sa onto sa2 and then raise it righ so when it "evolves" it turns into a bigger silver chao (it looks kinda like sonic with blue eyes and a silver pupil). Anyways back to you joe.

STEAM

Looking to make a Team Fortress 2 team. Pm me if interested.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 03:59 PM   #893
Risky
Stop right there criminal scum!

didn't even mention the best game for the dreamcast: Rez. oh how many euphoric night's i've spent playing that game under the influence. other than that, i think DC was a great system after it died, because there was a strong mod community with a lot of other great games that never made it stateside
Risky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 08:07 PM   #894
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Devil's Crush
8/10
TurboGrafx-16

Like all US NEC games, the box art is atrocious!

Let me start off by saying that I pretty much hate all pinball games. Real pinball games, that is. When it comes to videogame pinball I am much more forgiving since you can do things in games that you can't in real life, like having things walk around on the board or explode! Called "Devil Crash" in Japan, Naxat has once agan given us a great video pinball game. They first brought us Alien Crush which was good but they forgot to program scrolling into the game, and it suffered as a result. Devil's Crush fixes any problems Alien may have had and adds a whole bunch o' other crap that nobody needs all purely for your enjoyment!

The board is divided up into 3 screens. This is the middle one.
You can turn that lady into a lizard if you piss her off enough.

Graphics: 8/10
The graphics are crisp and clear. Demons look kick ass and the whole thing has a decidedly underworld look to it for some odd reason. If you are expecting the shiny-happy world of Flipnic, you're about to be surprised. Great color and satanic graphics add to the fun (you won't find Jesus forgiving anyone's sins in THIS game). The Sega Mega Drive version of this game known as Devil Crash MD/Dragon's Fury doesn't quite look as nice on the TV screen as this verion, despite the latter's increased resolution.

A comparison between the graphics of the Genesis and TurboGrafx
versions. The resolution of both playfields are the same, but the
Genesis has extra resolution so more stuff on the right was added.
The Genesis version tries to have a bit too much detail, making
the TurboGrafx version end up looking cleaner and better overall.

Sound: 8/10
Naxat really improved the music this time around. The main theme is simply fantastic, and the sub themes are all great as well. The sound effects are also great. The knight makes a serious groan of pain when you slam him in his nuts with your steel pinball. When you lose a ball, the skull laughs at how much you suck ass. When you lose your final ball he laughs even longer because he knows you just aren't man enough to do very well. Unlike the Genesis version, the music keeps playing while the voices are running, and the voices sound slightly cleaner here as well for some reason. A great audio package. Real pinball can't match this! But that's because real pinball is for giant douches.

One of the bonus stages, destroy all of Tiamat's heads!

Gameplay: 8/10
I like using my ball to squash little demons running rampant all over the board. You just can't do that in real pinball. Real pinball is retarded. Another thing this game does is give you bonus screens in which you try to accomplish a difficult objective. Unfortunately there aren't as many bonus stages as the Genesis version and they don't quite look as cool as that version, either. The game is easy enough to play. If you can't figure it out, then your mom deserves Hepatitus A right in her snatch. She should also have it on her anus and mouth just for good measure. Maybe in the left ear, too. If you are used to Metroid Prime Hunters Echos Pinball or whatever the hell it is called for the DS, know that you don't have to touch the screen in Devil's Crush to tilt the board. You simply press a button. The goal of the game is to max out the score. For a pinball game, this kicks ass!

Another bonus stage. Destroy these losers!

Bottom Line:
Naxat is the best video pinball maker ever. NOBODY can match them. Nobody. Also, your mom smells really bad.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:04 AM   #895
Vicviper
Hello handsome!

sweet ass review! I love Naxat pinball just as much as you do. It's hard to say which game is better this or Jaki Crush. I like both of them very much. Just like how your mom loves me more than she loves you. Not that that has anything to do with this review but.......
Real pinball can be entertaining if you play on the right machine. But the problem is nobody carries good pinball games anymore. It's all stupid ass ones like The Simpsons or Home Improvement. WTF?? Gayness. What ever happened to machines like Elvira and Haunted House?
Old 12-07-2005, 01:30 AM   #896
Icarus4578
Deal with it.

It's been awhile since I've played this. Hmph. Real pinball is still fun!!
Old 12-07-2005, 01:47 AM   #897
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Devil's Crush is better than Jaki for sure. Jaki is #2!

By the way Vic you are supposed to love The Simpsons pinball simply because it is the Simpsons and you must love everything Simpsons!
Old 12-07-2005, 03:55 AM   #898
ALttP
Atomic Betty fanboy

I like Joe's reviews. We Love Katamari's review helped me know more crap about the game. o.o

Joe, what do you think of mine? o.o
ALttP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 01:28 PM   #899
Joe Redifer
Olé!

They're good, though you seem to be pretty generous with your scores.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:46 PM   #900
ALttP
Atomic Betty fanboy

Well, most of the reviews I've put up are from my top list, so...
ALttP is offline   Reply With Quote