The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > MagicBox Member Reviews

Old 10-03-2005, 08:56 AM   #16
LordDeimos

Good job! Although I think the gameplay for RE4 should recieve a bit higher...but then again...I don't really play games anymore...and that's blasphemy!
I'm a filthy whore hehe :bigsmile:
LordDeimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 09:31 AM   #17
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

The first weakness of the game lies in it's plot. First of all, it's generic. Save the princess (Ashley), then save the world from evil (Los Iluminados). There's no underlying message that teaches anything new, but rather it's a script from some B-movie.
My thoughts exactly. The game had some very good graphics, but the story was cheap and the gameplay was good but not a resident evil game in my eyes. RE4 didn't have that "suprise" like the other ones did. There were a couple of parts that did excite me and that's when that monster that you have to use the heat-sensored scope on comes out of nowhere, they should've had more stuff like that then it would've been a bit better, and they just basicly took away umbrella, wtf is with that?

STEAM

Looking to make a Team Fortress 2 team. Pm me if interested.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 02:41 PM   #18
Nindalf

Well, you people are WRONG. Resident Evil 4 was awesome. Awesome to the max.
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 02:13 AM   #19
Revelade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nindalf
Well, you people are WRONG. Resident Evil 4 was awesome. Awesome to the max.
As awesome as a potato.
Revelade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 09:30 PM   #20
Sk8_or_DIE
PUMP IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelade
As awesome as a potato.
Yeah but every one knows Nidalf has a Vegi fetish!

and apperently so do I.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:33 PM   #21
Seraph
>:3

I think his review was fair. I think RE4 was great and will write my own review on it eventually, but you always have to keep in mind when you review a game: "what was this game supposed to be".

Since RE4 is more action than it is horror, if you try to review it from a horror standpoint its going to fall short. You could say its "generic" but isnt everything? As long as it entertains you i think its ok
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 06:40 PM   #22
Revelade

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraph830
I think his review was fair. I think RE4 was great and will write my own review on it eventually, but you always have to keep in mind when you review a game: "what was this game supposed to be".

Since RE4 is more action than it is horror, if you try to review it from a horror standpoint its going to fall short. You could say its "generic" but isnt everything? As long as it entertains you i think its ok
Frankly, I don't like action games most of the time. They ultimately end up being repetitive, since you keep doing the same attacks over and over again. RE4 does have a few puzzles, but they are incredibly easy to solve and there just aren't enough for a 20 hour game. There is just too much shooting. At least in other combatfest games like X-men Legends or Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, you can enjoy it with your friends.

I just found the first 10 minutes to be much more enjoyable than the last 10 hours.

I already gave you guys a couple examples why I think the story doesn't cut it. Instead of focusing on the horrors and tragedies of how the people got infected, it focuses on Ashley. Then they throw in a whole bunch of reasons that don't make sense and I've lost all respect for the story.

I don't see why the game deserves praise, when you look at it beyond the graphics.
Revelade is offline   Reply With Quote