The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 09-12-2005, 02:08 PM   #16
Alucard

Well I guess since the first one is a minimum requirement 450cpu and recomended 800, the 550 should run it ok. Still, I'm surprised. But I guess the game is fairly old now. And the engine WAS created for the ps2.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 02:39 PM   #17
LordDeimos

Okay...but I did ask B.B. and he was telling me that your computer was not running at the usual 60FPs that Melty Blood ReACT runs on...from what I heard, it was running noticably slower then it would run on his...Now comes my real dillema, how can you say that it runs fine and dandy except for some choppiness every so often. Now if GTA slower runs slower then what it ran on B.B.'s and Rick's computer and it's a much bigger game then Melty Blood...and since your computer struggles w/Melty Blood, how can you really handle playing GTA? :bigsmile:
LordDeimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 03:25 PM   #18
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDeimos
Okay...but I did ask B.B. and he was telling me that your computer was not running at the usual 60FPs that Melty Blood ReACT runs on...from what I heard, it was running noticably slower then it would run on his...Now comes my real dillema, how can you say that it runs fine and dandy except for some choppiness every so often. Now if GTA slower runs slower then what it ran on B.B.'s and Rick's computer and it's a much bigger game then Melty Blood...and since your computer struggles w/Melty Blood, how can you really handle playing GTA? :bigsmile:
Well I'm no rocket scientist but if you're talking about the fps at the top of the screen then you're wrong, it does go at 60. The only time it goes lower that that is when "extra" stuff goes on with the characters such as when you're fighting that little cat and it does that move where it uppercuts your character and all of that dust comes up, well when the dust is coming up that's when it does slow down but when it clears it keeps running fine. Trust me lor deimos i know what i'm talking about.

from what I heard, it was running noticably slower then it would run on his
That's from what you heard, but did he mention that when I turned off a few programs i had running in the bg it was running better? And of course his is going to run better because he just got a brand new computer so he won't get that little choppyness that I was saying about above with the cat.

STEAM

Looking to make a Team Fortress 2 team. Pm me if interested.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 03:32 PM   #19
LordDeimos

First off, It's LordDeimos...not lor deimos...Well, then your admitting that it is indeed running slower then it should. You've said that your computer can handle GTA's environment, but as you said, it can't handle a small animation such as dust after a special move. It's not adding up but either way, I'm done w/this discussion...
Old 09-12-2005, 03:45 PM   #20
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Quote:
First off, It's LordDeimos...not lor deimos...Well, then your admitting that it is indeed running slower then it should. You've said that your computer can handle GTA's environment, but as you said, it can't handle a small animation such as dust after a special move. It's not adding up but either way, I'm done w/this discussion...
I'm frankly confused why that if you haven't seen any of the animations going on on my computer and I have that you are able to tell me how it ran.

ou've said that your computer can handle GTA's environment, but as you said, it can't handle a small animation such as dust after a special move.
I'll give you another example of that. Recently I burned a cd for dc that has an snes emulator on it. On another cd I have the roms and i'm supposed to swap the disk with the emulator with the rom disk after the emulator loaded. Well I have dbz hyper dimension as one of the roms and it plays slow as hell and this is an snes game i'm talking about here. But I can play Quake 3 arena on it fine. Now explain to me how that is if it can handle quake 3's 3D graphics while it struggles for life to play Hyper Dimension's 2D graphics?

Well, then your admitting that it is indeed running slower then it should.
Yes and no. It runs fine until it gets to that part I told you about the dust flying up.

First off, It's LordDeimos...not lor deimos
Excuuuse me.... :annoyed:

STEAM

Old 09-12-2005, 04:01 PM   #21
LordDeimos

Thumbs up

My opinions are all based on what you have told me over AIM about how much work you have to do on your PC in order for things to run and how much you loathe your sister touching your system....Quake 3 is actually a DC game so it should run well on that system, since it was made for it, now Hyper Dimension is a bit different, it's running on an emulator...it wasn't made for the DC... You've told me countless times that your system isn't up to par...Okay okay okay...so Melty Blood runs fine, come to my house w/your PC and we'll compare...my computer is about 5 years old but I'm pretty sure, actually really sure...that you'll see what I'm talking about when I say "running at 60FPs" I'll show you CoH and WoW too if you want...very cool MMORPG's....if anything, we'll just lan at B.B.'s house and resolve these issues :cool guy:
Old 09-12-2005, 04:09 PM   #22
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Quote:
My opinions are all based on what you have told me over AIM about how much work you have to do on your PC in order for things to run and how much you loathe your sister touching your system....Quake 3 is actually a DC game so it should run well on that system, since it was made for it, now Hyper Dimension is a bit different, it's running on an emulator...it wasn't made for the DC... You've told me countless times that your system isn't up to par...Okay okay okay...so Melty Blood runs fine, come to my house w/your PC and we'll compare...my computer is about 5 years old but I'm pretty sure, actually really sure...that you'll see what I'm talking about when I say "running at 60FPs" I'll show you CoH and WoW too if you want...very cool MMORPG's....if anything, we'll just lan at B.B.'s house and resolve these issues :cool guy:
If you're saying your comp is faster than mine, i'm not arguing against that at all. I'm just stating what i'm seeing with my own eyes on the screen when i'm playing the games.

Quake 3 is actually a DC game so it should run well on that system, since it was made for it, now Hyper Dimension is a bit different, it's running on an emulator...it wasn't made for the DC
But why would only hyper dimension run slow on the dc while the other games run better and plus the hyper dimension runs perfectly on my pc?

STEAM

Old 09-12-2005, 05:00 PM   #23
LordDeimos

Thumbs up

To emulate dreamcast you need this:
Minimum Requirements:

* Pentium 4 with at least 1.6 Ghz
* 256 MB Ram
* Windows XP or 2003 (It won't work under any other Windows)
* Latest DirectX
* Powerful Graphic Card such as Nvidia or Ati
* DC Bios (use search engines to find it)

The Dreamcast itself had a 200Mhz processor w/16Mb Ram as you can see your PC has to be ALOT more powerful than the DC was in order to run, so basically it means, to run Hyper Dimension, you would need to amp up your DC higher than what it is.
This link will lead you to what the DC is made of:
http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/dreamcast/

p.s. The min requirments up there are for Chankast
Old 09-17-2005, 11:34 PM   #24
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Alucard, since you're the one who knows more than computers than me maybe you (or someone else who wants to help 2) can help me with this purchase.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...=M452-2432%20B

Is this barebone worth it's price? Imo it looks like it because the processor is a lot faster than the one on my current pc which is 55MHz. It has 4 usb ports (mine has only 2), it has Socket 478 design, supports up to 2 gigs of ram, agp support (which my pc doesn't have, " The P4MAM2-V comes with a Via 1617A audio codec which supports high quality 6-channel audio".

I think it comes with ram, but even if it doesn't have have extra ram cards I don't use so those can go on it, I have an extra dvd drive to put on it, an extra 30 (or possibly 40) gig hd to put in, a newer video card (got from gambini). Because I have 2 extra computers here that I use for parts so I have everything that I need for it that the barebone lacks (cd drives, hd, etc). So is it worth it?

STEAM

Old 09-18-2005, 01:50 AM   #25
Alucard

hmm...that would depend on what your definition of worth the price is. As far as emulators go, this one is great. But for current games..not really. I mean sure the cpu it can handle is 3gig at most. Thats the problem. 3gig is sorta considered low today. For reference, a normal AMD 3000+ is about $90. A 64bit version is $140. Generally people are upgrading lately to nothing BELOW 3.2gig. It just means your board wont last more then a year or two at MOST before you need to toss it out. And that all depends on the strength of your video card.

But yeah, I mean its 5 year old technology... Those bundle kits are a bit frustrating. The one you have above is a good case with a good power supply. Generally you want to stay no lower then 430-450watts power supply. Ofcourse you can buy them seperately. The boards are a bit furstrating. Depends on how many PCI cards you want to stick into them. I honestly cant recommend it. You'll need to save up more money. I mean it would be like buying a psx instead of a current, almost dated ps2.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 06:09 PM   #26
Agamum

Check out Atis website they have this tradeup program that alows you to trade in ur old GP for a new one http://www.ati.com/online/tradeup/index.html

Im running a radien 9550se on my comp by the way
Old 10-05-2005, 06:18 PM   #27
Agamum

www.Tigardirect.com

if you want info on upgrading at a good price go to www.tigardirect.com ive done buisseness with them before they had my Radian GP here at my house in 4 days thats was great anyway anyone considering upgrading there comps that can build there own should check that site out at least