The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 09-03-2005, 04:21 AM   #76
Alucard

I think HD-TVs mainly do 1024x760. Maybe some do more then that, but you'll be paying for the price of your damn car for one of those. People spouting off about nintendo not having HD is just dumb. As a console feature its not really needed just now. How many of them use optical out for sound on their PS2's in some games? I know I'm the only one out of about 30 people I know who own one that use that feature. Only people who have a HDTV generally have a cry. And they're about 10% of the market. To think its much higher is stupid.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 08:49 AM   #77
Anthrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
Nah, I've only got a gig and I play it just perfect with full detail.
Are you sure you have everything maxed? I don't think you do. What resolution are you running at?
Anthrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 11:09 AM   #78
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
I think HD-TVs mainly do 1024x760. Maybe some do more then that, but you'll be paying for the price of your damn car for one of those. People spouting off about nintendo not having HD is just dumb. As a console feature its not really needed just now. How many of them use optical out for sound on their PS2's in some games? I know I'm the only one out of about 30 people I know who own one that use that feature. Only people who have a HDTV generally have a cry. And they're about 10% of the market. To think its much higher is stupid.
I was at ciruit city one day just browsing around and I seen a HD-TV for $6,000. That's outrageous. I forgot how many inches it was, but even so I don't really have a need (nor the space) for that tv. Now projectors are the way to go :cool guy:

STEAM

Looking to make a Team Fortress 2 team. Pm me if interested.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 11:46 AM   #79
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthrax
Are you sure you have everything maxed? I don't think you do. What resolution are you running at?
hmm... I generally hop between 2 resolutions with specific games. Usually it depends on whether I'm playing in window mode I play at 1024x760, but in fullscreen mode I play at my resolution res 1150x860 or sometimes rarely 1280x960. If you have aliasing turned off in your PC settings, you're fine. Generally at that res you dont really need aliasing activated. So it frees up some power. So yeah, I keep the feature off since nothing runs lower then 1024x760.

Its not really a game where you need 2gigs of ram. Those are mainly used for MMORPGS.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:10 PM   #80
Seraph
>:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarionetteKazuk
Now projectors are the way to go :cool guy:
Hell yes! I saved up and bought one a year ago, turning my bedroom into a home theatre. As soon as The contstruction is done on my room, ill take pictures of my l33t setup.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 09:36 AM   #81
Seraph

Woah dang. Danger danger!

Last night my dog bumped the front of my case and it started emmiting black smoke!!! I yanked the power cord as fast as I could, and was praying it wasnt something crucial.

After digging around on the inside, I found it was the wire that connects to my PC speaker. Why the heck would this thing melt itself? It got so hot it fused itself to the other wires it was touching, and de-soddered itself from the PC speaker. I unhooked it, turned my PC back on, and it was fine.

Anyone have any ideas? I thought speakers dont carry very much voltage. This is really scaring me.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:02 AM   #82
Alucard

Thats one STRONG and MAGICAL dog you got yourself there. I've never ever heard of that ever happening ever. EVER! I wouldnt worry though. PC Speaker is a waste of space. Alot of people dont even bother plugging it into th emotherboard and just leave it off. If you really cant live without one just go pick up a new speaker from the store. They're like $5 or something obscene.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:07 AM   #83
Seraph

Yeah, I've already kissed my PC speaker goodbye, I never saw the use for them.

But what scares me is I dont know why this happened. Could this be an indication that my board how power problems? Should I be worrying that something else is going to blow?
Old 09-07-2005, 12:45 PM   #84
Alucard

The board wouldnt cause that. I would blame it on the case manufacturers since it was the speaker that explodes and not the joint on the motherboard.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:52 PM   #85
Seraph

Ok, I'm just going to use it like normal then. Thanks Alucard. (ill get my digital camera out one of these days and take some pictures)