The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 08-21-2005, 09:04 PM   #1
FinalSolace2
IRAQ- Please assimilate forget past

PC to display on TV- Svideo-scart?

if anyone can help me, does anybody know how to get you PC to display through a TV.

i tried connecting an S-video out to the TV (scart) through the graphics card port

i tried checking all the ext channels but nothing will show- i even changed the ATI settings to display on my widescreen TV- any ideas- am i even making sence?

Crowfoot (American Blackfoot Indian Orator) on his deathbed:"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset."
FinalSolace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 09:30 PM   #2
ovejon

under display properties you should go to advance and click on the display tab and you should be able to choose tv becuase you're gfx card is connected to the tv through s-video.
ovejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 09:43 PM   #3
FinalSolace2

your a genius.

just wish i could have perfect resolution now.

it looks preety darn good in 4:3 scale however.

has anybody managed to get some kind of PC monitor level crispy DVD resolution on their TV??

Crowfoot (American Blackfoot Indian Orator) on his deathbed:"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset."

Last edited by FinalSolace2; 08-21-2005 at 09:47 PM.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:18 PM   #4
ryanwho
Banned

Nope. It actually looked pretty godawful when I tried it on my TV. I had to lower the tv sharpness an insane amount just to keep my eyes from bleeding.
ryanwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 10:31 PM   #5
FinalSolace2

right now i got a wide screen philips TV-

i set the config to 600x800 on PAL 60 hertz and 120 Dpi

if i cant get any more juice then that, then i cant wait for the damn HD revolution to arrive.

man just browing this site takes so much scrolling as everything is cramped up.

i only did it to watch a film- but do i sacrafice sharpness for Huge screen goodness?

Old 08-21-2005, 11:52 PM   #6
Alucard

It all depends on your tv really. I mean theres no way you'll get an image on tv better then your monitor if the thing cant handle high resolution. Everything is made to look good at high res.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 07:41 AM   #7
FinalSolace2

what about Dual screen- ive managed to do it- but i cant get windows and taskbar to stretch over two screens, is it possible??

i remember when i was using video editing software at a film company and the technition used to deal with the configs- the PC had a task bar running the length of the two screens and the desktop used to strech across both too- maybe i'm asking too much- but it would be cool if i could play BF 2- turn my 17" sideways to fit the width of my widescren so i got like an extra 14 inches added..... it would rule if that was possible,

is it a screen size issue- or the fact they are not maching screens?

Last edited by FinalSolace2; 08-22-2005 at 07:47 AM.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:46 AM   #8
FinalSolace2

ok i managed to get stuff to strech across both screen using a program called ultramon,

i downloaded some dual screen wallpaper at 2000+x1500+

boy the professional landscape wallpaper you find in a simple search are breathtaking- its like looking out of a long window.

i feel like im right on top of the tibetan plateau.

Old 08-22-2005, 09:14 AM   #9
Alucard

Sounds pretty cool
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote