The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > MagicBox Member Reviews

Old 08-02-2005, 06:18 AM   #121
tpfkanep
Gaming since Nov 11, 2006

There are lots of goods and goodesses. In Roman mythology the good of war = Mars. I personally love Isis, Thor, Athena and Hercules (=demi-good?).
Old 08-02-2005, 06:53 PM   #122
Paper exe
Pwnd

Classic NES Series: Super Mario Bros~GBA-Platform

This one is a true classic and the best of the twelve. Who in his right mind would ever hate this masterpiece!?!
This is the first platform game ever and still one of the best. It is a shame that there are a lot of platform games that released after it, ends up being worst. If they cannot make something as good as it then no need to make one from the beginning. :annoyed:
It is the oldest, therefore any developer has no excuse for making there game worst.

It is just a port of this old game nothing more. No extras, same graphics, same old music and sound quality, same control.
The game dose look pretty bad compare to any GBA game, but the graphics still don't affect the game. The graphics are actually not bad to look at and fit just right in to the game. Just to show you being a weak system doesn?t mean it cannot make a game good to look at, but still, I will give the graphics low, because it is still low quality and Nintendo should have made some work on it, not just rehash it and then sell it in an expensive price.

Here an example of the graphics. The background is mostly plan black or blue with some clouds and sometimes there are some grasses. They only used 7 or 9 colors. The character and the enemies not only have few animation but they are made by just some few dots, hack I can draw them in Animal Crossing.

The sound effect dose gives the game its own charm, but still low quality. Nintendo should have at lest made a voice for all the enemies. Nintendo already made a voice for them; they just have to put it in the game. I do like there voices and I think it would work pretty well, no need to be cheap and use the lame excuse of being the perfect port. They already made one for GBC.

The music are true classics and one of the reasons why this game is so great. The music maybe low quality and some repeative, but they are still good.
The classic level music and the water music are the best in my opinion. I still wish they improve them, thought.

The game is in fact pretty short and you can finish it in an hour or two.
There are some unlock able stuff, but still few. The game just has a very high replay value. I beat it a lot of times and I still play it, hack I just beat the game right now.
A game that has that high replay value can never be not worth owning. It may cost you some money, but that hours and hours of endless fun.
The two player mode dose also give the game higher replay value then what it already has. Really, playing with your cousin for an example is in fact very fun. I laugh at my cousin when he makes a stupid thing then dies all the time. It just never gets old. It is very fun and a great idea. Developers should make more platform games that has a two player mode, which let you play the full game with some one else and compete who will beat it first.

Don't worry, using the Gameboy Player, you can play two players using one controller and you can also watch the other player play. You play from the first level to the last none stop, your turn ends when you die then the other player turn. The goal is to beat the game first. The game is in fact pretty short and has few short levels, but they are still balanced and challenging and fun to play, even on one player mode.
Both Mario and Luigi are the same, so unfortunately you cannot use the excuse that Luigi is better then Mario or the opposite, when you loss.

The game is very simple. You just move from left to right trying to reach the goal in the end of the level. You can jump and run (just stomp an enemy to kill him, but some of them don?t die and some like turtles hide in there shell. You can kick the shell (just touch it) and make it hit a lot of enemies, thought). Mario slips very easily, so you better get used to it. It is easy to get used to and dose makes the game better. Nintendo did not overdo it, so no problem in the slipping part. The control is good and easy to learn and dose work well.

There are 8 worlds and in each world there are 4 levels, the last of the 4 levels is the castle, which has pitfalls instead of enemies, in the end, you most fight King Koopa, you can either press the switch behind him or kill him using the fire flower.
You will lose a life if an enemy or a pitfall hit you or you fall on a hole or the time ran out. If all your life is used, you will return from the first level.
There are three different kinds of blocks in each level, some are hidden, which means you cannot see them and mostly has good stuff, some are question mark blocks, which surly has something in them and some are plan blocks, which most of them end up being empty.
The things that you could find after hitting a block are, coins (get 100 to get another life) some has a power up and some has 1up and some lead you to a secret passage and some has nothing.
To hit a block, just go under it then jump and make Mario hit it on his head.
If you get a mushroom (power up) you will get one extra hit and you can break these plan blocks and Mario can crouch now, but Mario will become larger and you will still die if the time ran out or you fall in a hole. If you already have a mushroom, instead of a mushroom a flower will appear which let you fire, fire balls at enemies that can kill most of them.
There are also pipes in some levels. You can go inside some of them which will lead you to a secret tunnel that has a lot of coins.

Gameplay (6/10)
Graphices (3/10)
Sound (4/10)
Length (6/10)
Classic NES Series: Super Mario Bros (19/40)

It is still a classic, but with this price and for a console that can do better quality then this and with no new features this game score decreased a lot. Blame Nintendo I say.

Last edited by Paper exe; 09-26-2005 at 03:07 AM.
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 12:22 AM   #123
Mistatee
Linguistic Massacre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem
OMG! Mistatee your sig is soooo true
I kniow this is off subject, but you think shool is a waste too?

And Paper, i feel real bad for you, those are, atleast to me, the 2 best games ever made.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:31 AM   #124
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistatee
I kniow this is off subject, but you think shool is a waste too?

And Paper, i feel real bad for you, those are, atleast to me, the 2 best games ever made.
Most of it yes. Just thinking i had to study stuff like philosiphy, psicology, geography, literature, biology, geology, etc. Sure, it gave me some general knowledge, but it also wasted years of my precious time. None of these helped me nor will help in my present and future life.
Old 08-20-2005, 03:47 PM   #125
Paper exe
Pwnd

Lunar Legend~GBA-RPG

I cannot say no for a request.
People, I am reviewing the GBA version the one that actually released in my country and about time. I did not play the Mega CD or PS1 version, because I don't own the game, so this review is past on the GBA version and the only one that I played. As far as I know, the GBA version has different and bigger sprites and less impressive graphics then the PS1 version. Well, that's the only think that I could know about it, because pictures is all what I have.
Sam, you made me regret that I ever rejected your difference video. Now how can I see this video if I don't have the chance to even tell you that? If you are reading this Sam. can you please show me that video of yours, because I beat the game now, so I am allowed to see it, now.
I cannot wait to try the PS1 version and play this game again, my cousin in downloading it now. Yes, you heard right Games Arts, if you have any problems with this then sell the game to me and I am welling to pay full price for it, if you still refuse like what you are doing now then you get the blame and you are the once that are doing illegal acts and if I have the time like Jack Thompson I will sue you, Game Arts.

The story isn?t much, but the events are what important and what makes you want to keep playing the game to see what will happen next. All of the characters have pretty good personality, which makes reading the text something enjoyable. Well, to be honest I thought the final boss and the end would be different and what I expected was a lot better then that, in fact I think they could have made a great ending, but they blow it. The game is not stupidly only about the hero and forgot about the others, it actually cares about every one of the characters.
Overall, the story is actually very good, because of the characters and the events and how they did not only focus on the hero, hack, the hero rarely speaks.

The game music is simply made by a genius. Well, some few of them are very short and stupid, but then again they are very few and just for some very short events like when an enemy shows before battling him and such. All the others either ends up being good or at lest listenable. All the music are made by using the ocarina as a main installment. I love Ocarina and flutes and such, they are actually my favorite kind of installments. The battle music is good, which is something that a lot of RPG developer should care about, because you will be battling most of the time, so good music is needed badly in battles.
To make it even better, this game can also be used as a portable Lunar soundtrack as well!
I for one liked music number 0, 1, 5*, 6*, 7, 8, 10, 13, 15, 22, 23, 24, 25**, 29*, 32, 33*, 36**, 37, 39, 42*, 52*, 58, 59*, 60, 64, 65. The music work great in the game and make the events more touching. Hack with out these musics the game would have been lifeless.
I am not sure, but I think both musics number 5 and 6 are intro songs on the Mega CD and or PS1 version, because they would work pretty well on a song and they sound more of an anime intro then a game music.
Unfortunately, I cannot say the same to the sound effects; they just simply did not work on it like the music. A lot of attacks have the same sound. The events could have been better if there were some actually sound effects in them. There is only about 30 sound effects more then the total music in the game! Kirby Adventure has had hundred of sound effects, which is just a platform and for an old console. Oh well, at lest the sound effects aren?t in a low quality.

The sprites are big and have a lot of details even better then the PS1 version, but that?s the only thing that they done right on the graphics. They removed some details from the battle background on the GBA version for no good reason. The background looks pretty much decent in NDS, but not that great in a Gameboy Player. The environments in the GBA version are more colorful and cheerful, but I still perform the PS1 version. The PS1 in my opinion has better effects and better colors and even better look then the GBA version.
Well, I cannot compare the animations, but as far as the GBA version goes, it is decent at best. Not only they did not make some animations in the events to make it more emotional, but the battle anime is very bad. When a character attacks for an example, he only have 3 to 4 movements, which makes them look kind of weird. The magic effects aren?t impressive as well; GBA can do a lot better then that. What killing me is that there are only very few magic spells, it wouldn?t take them that much time to make them from the beginning.

In this game, talking to people is useless. It is just like walking in a straight line, you mostly end up knowing what to do, so you wouldn?t get stuck from time to time like some other RPG. To go from an area to the other, just go to the world map and choose the area that you want to go in then you are there, so there is no random battles when you want to go from a town to the other, only if there is something blocking the way like forest for an example, but if you went there once, you can go back anytime you want using the Dragon Wings.
Off course there are caves, towers and such in the game, which you have to finish it.
I for one never needed to level up in the game, because the developer made all the Dungeness/towers in a perfect size, so when I reach the boss in the Dungeness/towers I end up being in the right level for it. The stages (Dungeness/towers) are a little pit in the small size, but I like that, because I don?t want to play a stage that I will encounter dozens of random battles in it until I get board of the game like the finale stage. At lest that can be considered leveling up I guess. Keep in mind that when I play, I try to open every signal chest in the stage and I search every signal inch of it, I just don?t feel good if I didn?t do that.
Some of the stages need you to play them in some kind of conditions, like no weapons, which force you to use magic against enemies or play only with three characters (You actually can play in total of 5 characters in battles) and such fun things.

You can use formation to put a character in the position you want him/her to be in, but it is very limited. There are only five areas (2 up and 2 down and one in the middle) I think it is kind of useless, because I rarely see an enemy that uses one rank or column attacks or magic. As right now, I only remember one enemy that uses one rank attack and one enemy that uses one column attack (They are attacks/magic that hit some characters passed on his/her area. You can also use these kinds of spells to hit multiple enemies at once)
We all know the basic of any RPG and it is to fight randomly encounter enemies by taking turns, kill them to get experience points and money. When you get enough experience points, your characters will level up (maximum level is 100) when you level up, your state become higher. There are HP, MP and ATC, DEF, AGL, MEN, RES the higher they are the stronger your characters will be, some make you start first and some make your attacks more effective on enemies etc. There is also NOA, which increase only one point after a lot of leveling up, the higher the number the more normal attacks your character will do in his/her turn. Two of the characters spend a little time when attacking and it dose get annoying, because they will do that 4 or 5 times in each turn and that dose make the battle longer. Finally there is LUC (Luck) the higher the more likely the enemy will miss his/her attacks. Keep in mind that the LUC state can only increase by using some kind of equipment items.

You can go to shops to buy items or find items in chest on stages. Some are used for healing and some and mostly are equipments items, which you can let any of your characters equip it to higher his/ her state and or give him a new skill like healing a little HP automatically after each turn. You can use Magic. Magic can do a lot of things like healing or attacking etc But you need MP to use them and when it reach zero, you can no longer use any magic skills unless you used an item or went to the magical state that heals everything and for every characters.
Hear this, in the GBA version, if you saved then turned off the GBA then turn it on again, your entire HP and MP will be full, which is a very bad thing and ruin the game and make it stupidly easy. Thankfully, I only knew that when I was in the end of the game. As far as I remember, I only used that twice and I completely forgot about it, but really I did not need to use it, the game is already easy. The reason that I forgot about it was, because I am having a hard time believing that the developer actually did this. I think it is a bug or only found on the GBA version.
Finally, there are Auto and Tact commands in the battle. Auto will let every character automatically attacks enemies randomly. Tact command in the other hand, you can choose commands like attack or use magic or use item or guard to each character before battle, then when you enter a battle, choose this command and all the characters will automatically do what you told them in every turn, you will need to press B to cancel it after choosing that command, so that you can manually choose a command to the character if you want. These two commands are used to make the battle faster. I for on, usually use Auto on most enemies and I never used Tact in the game.

Here when the problem comes. All the enemies are very weak and mostly end up with only one attack and it is just a physical attack. I rarely see an enemy that actually can do some different attacks then hit one of the playable characters.
The boss mostly ends up having only two moves. One, only hit one party member the other hit all party member, so much for originality. This is not all. Ever character has only very few spells and the fact that you will mostly end up fighting one boss and that changing states spells don?t effect them, makes the game even more limited. In that way all five characters will only have about 13 useable spells and most of these 13 are restoring HP spells, because for an example some needs more MP, but it dose restore HP fully.

For an RPG, this game ends fast, but with great music and with great characters (Great in every way) and with no wasting time with millions of random battles (Don?t get me wrong, I always love leveling up, but I do hate it if they overdo it like Disgaia for an example)
You cannot stop playing this game until you beat it. Even thought I beat it, I still want to play the PS1 version and go through the game all over again.
In the GBA version, you can collect and trade cards with your cousins. There is a card for each enemy and boss. You can get an enemy card by luck, thought. Because you will need to battle him until he/she drop it, but you will get boss cards just after beating him/her. There are also characters cards, which can be bought in a shop somewhere in the game.
There is also Gallery mode. GBA cannot do these cut scene, so it replace it with .................Pictures!

Gameplay (6/10)
Graphics (6/10)
Sound (8/10)

Length (7/10)
Lunar Legend (27/40)

I think the genius who made the music called Noriyuki Iwadare. If I am mistaken, then please PM Icarus and blame him, because I get that from him.

PS. The original or PS1 version may get more, but Legend is nothing more then a downgrade version.

Last edited by Paper exe; 10-24-2005 at 04:13 AM.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:29 AM   #126
Paper exe
Pwnd

Atelier Iris Eternal Mana~PS2-RPG

I played this game more then 70 hours and lost 25 hours on my life, because I thought that I missed something on the game, so I start all over again and then it turned out that I was wrong and I missed nothing.
The funny thing is that half of my play time on my original data was synthesizing items.

Again, this game has a very lame English voice actors like most other games, but they not only let you remove it, but there is also an option on the option screen that let you change it to Japanese. I know it sounds too good so NIS figured out a way to ruin it by making it return to English voice every time you turn off the game, which means you have to change that in the option each time you play this game and if you choose English voice and removed the voice, you will still hear them in battle, so you better off change it to Japanese each time you play the game and God knows how rarely I remember to do that and how I mistakenly hear there English voice that have nothing more to do other then higher your blood pressure.
Note that even enemies have different voices.
I have no problem in the sound effects part?.

The story isn't much. It is the saving the world kind of story.
All of the characters are anime like on design and characteristics, so nothing new here.
There are a lot of events that happen depends on your actions, but most of them are really stupid and mean less, but both the Baker and the Magic Shop owner has some good events that actually worth seeing.
NIS, blow it by changing some of the script and adding American jokes on it (OMG, OMG, OMG!!!111) that just unfunny in my opinion and when I buy a game I want to play it the way that the developer makes it. Publisher job is just to publish the game it is as simple as that, they have nothing to do with the game, if they want, they can add some extra contents on the package, but that?s all.

The game is simply a turn base RPG, you will encounter random battles then fight by choosing commands, from run, use Item, fight, magic, change, I think the name speaks for them self. In battle you will use all of these commands often unlike other RPGs, because some times, you will encounter very strong enemies that you cannot beat in that level and sometimes and far form the game you may encounter these very weak beginning enemies, in short the random battles are really random and you will encounter enemies in a lot of times from weak to strong it is not all about where you are in the game, in fact you may encounter one of the strongest enemies in the game in the beginning, so the run command is really needed,

Magic are really useful as well, one of the strong points about the game is that you shouldn?t underestimate any enemy. Dungeons/towers etc are very short even shorter then Lunar, but the enemies aren?t weak, they have a lot of moves and they also have Mana (MP) and one of these beginning enemies has an attack that decreases about 75% of your HP and if you are at level 25 they still do some damage to you even thought you are 20 levels more then when you first met that enemy. The problem here is that half of the monster Log (It is a list of all the enemies in the game (There are about 100 enemies)) 50% of them are boss and 30% of the others are enemies that are from the same species, but stronger. They do share some difference, thought and each on of them has his/her own difficulty of collecting his/her dropped item and the rare once are really rare.
The boss like always, trying to change there state (Poison, paralyze, sleep, charm, curse) isn?t a good strategy, because it either will mostly miss or they are unaffected on it or they will be cured automatically on there turn, but sometimes there are enemies with them and there are a lot of other moves to use against them so it is still ok.
You should kill each enemy using the hero attack as the final blow and use Noran ?Turn 2 Candy? skill and it most work on each enemy and get all both of there drop items (Common and rare) to complete the monster Log. Keep in mind that boss and some monsters will automatically counts that you complete them, so don?t start the game all over again if you think otherwise like what I did and waste all of these golden times of your life.

The battle are on 2D, the animation is decent, there movement are very fast in fact they really look abnormally fast, at lest the battle wouldn?t be boring and spends too long to make a move or have a long start like Pokemon. The environments on the battle mostly are plan and sometimes on some areas there are 4 layers of Background, but most areas end up having only one. The sprites are good and clear, just like what you expect from PS2, but I hate the special effects, it is very lame and feels out of place and when you or the enemy doge the attack it still happened, which make it look really weird.
There are two special types of attacks: One of them need you to charge on you turn then after some few turns you or the enemy that charged will unlash it, but keep in mind that you or the enemy can break the skill if it hit you in enough power when you or the enemy are charging and that you only need one turn to charge, you can hit the enemy with the charge attack and also play your second turn normally, you only have to wait a while to unlash the charge attack. The second one, which can only be used by the enemy, is calling for help, then after some turns if the battle isn?t over the attack will be activated.
I know, everything in the game is so traditional.

Here where the change comes and what make the game special and different from others. It is the fact that the Hero is an alchemist, he most collect elements and then let your Mana (Monsters) create the item using the elements that it needs. You can hold maximum of 9 items if it was alchemist or normal items. You most first search for these yellow treasures box and then open them to learn how to create an alchemist items. There are a lot of different kinds of alchemist items and each one of them has it own use, so it is all good. Keep in mind that the hero is the only one that can use it and it is needed in battle, so if the Hero died you are in trouble. The hero magic skills are all for the usage of these item and how to use it, so it is still not that bad, but they need Mana (MP), but you can use an alchemist item to restore it, and you can also create an alchemist item in the battle if you have enough elements, but you have to wait longer to come your turn and you cannot use any of these magic skills that for the alchemist items usage, so you are better off not doing that.
Why not no character can use these alchemist items that already been created is beyond me, I think it was lame from developer to make it only for the hero. I hate it when I have to relay on the Hero to win.

Outside of battle, the game is on 2D, because it is a 2D game. Duh
You can jump and examine stuff and you can also use these Action commands that you learn more the farther you go in to the game like throwing fire to break some blocks and something that help you reach higher to reach areas etc. In the beginning you will have Elemental Extraction, use it to extract the elements from objects on the field to use it to make alchemist items, but that doesn?t work on all objects.
At first the graphics was impressive, but then it gets old. When you reach far enough in the game the environments will be less impressive and more of a rushed work and there will only be few of these object that can be extracted and there ideas seems like it all ran out and these object no longer looks part of the environment, for an example, to get lighting element you most extract that weird and suspicious electricity machine.
How obvious is that? They just don?t look part of the environment anymore.
They could have at lest made more thought to what elements you will get after extract an object, for an example if you extract red flowers you will get wood and Fire element. :annoyed:
Not to mention these slow downs and freezes that happened from time to time. Saving the game recently is something needed! The loading on the game aren?t long, thought.

There are a lot of items that can be found dropped on towns/dungeons /forests etc. Instead of placing them right and make it part of the background they just randomly place most of them and made them look obvious, by using lighter colors for the background and to make them even more obvious they made them shiny. Note that these items are used as a gift for your Mana(Monsters) to make them like you and more healthy and used to synthesizes them in shops. each shop has it own evenings and synthesize items. At lest every character can use them, but they mostly end up having the same use and that to restore HP and/or MP. The shop owner will give you the main ingredient, but the item that he will make will be based on the items that you give him/her, for an example you selected milk instead of goat milk and that will change the quality of the item and the higher the more people will like it, they say something good will happen if you made the shop get 100% by making a lot of high quality items, but when I did that to the magic shop nothing happens other then it was full with people. Maybe I did not notice it or something.
Sometimes when you use different ingredients the shop owner may make a new item. The quality depends on the review that it get like sweet, burning hot etc each item can only have maximum of five reviews. The shop owner will tell you if the items you selected will have a new review or will come something different. Note that new reviews don?t mean a good one.
If you picked a lot of items to synthesis, slow down may occur. o_0
Another problem is that they did not made much thought of what items to use, for an example you can use wax to make food and use a fruit to make a machine and so on. More thought to it wouldn?t kill them. I still think this game needs more items to synthesis what they already put are very few and being misplaced make it even worst.

Finally, there are Mana, they can be used to create Alchemist items (every Alchemist items needs you to use elements that it needed to create them) and each one of them has an element and can use from two to three elements only, which means a Mana cannot be used to create all Alchemist items in the game. You can also transform Mana using an item that you will get later on the game. It changes Mana main elements.
There are items that called Red, blue. Glowing etc Mana stone, these items can be used to create your own weapons, which fixes the problem of the lack of equipments in the game. Each Mana can make these items in to a different use some Atk+1 and some turn it in to a poison resistant 1 and some Fire resistant 1 etc and then you fuse them together to get a crystal with both powers, but you can only let your crystal have a maximum of three, but you can fuse it with as much crystals as you want and then you can fuse it to your weapon and let your weapon have your own customized power, but keep in mind that these Mana stones cost a lot and the enemy can hardly drop one and that not all weapon can be enhanced.
You can also equip a Mana to a character to give him/her some new abilities and help them master some skills quickly by getting 100 Mana points. Each Mana power up different skills and give different Abilities

There is Bonus mode, which is a good add on. You can unlock stuff by completing series of items or getting a lot of items. Every time you see an item, just talk to the lesbian and she will unlock stuff each time you complete a series, but you have to show her the items first. Note that you don?t have to get the item to be counted there, for an example each shop has limited numbers of each of his items, if it finished it counted that it soled out, but when you come to him/her again you will find him/her own them again and with the limited numbers of the item. Sometimes they own item that just written sold out all the time when you go to him/her, but the Lesbian still count them and add them in her list. You can unlock all the movies in the game (there are only 4)
And you can unlock information of some few characters (not all of them are in there) and you can unlock some very few artworks and each of the six heroes has only one artwork. Again it is still too few.
The main and best one of them is the sound taste, you unlock one music each time you complete a series. The Music is simply the strongest point of the game and it is great and I actually liked most of the music and the others mostly end up being at lest listenable. The soundtrack is just that great. I do hate both songs on the game, thought. I always perform music over songs, so it is no wonder I rarely like a song.
The game has some secret enemies and boss that can be battled after beating the game, so there are still some things to do after beating the game other then completing the monster log and item list.
I don?t want to even talk about the world map, when you try to go to an area to the other you will see your self on an ugly 3D map and not to mention if you used the short cut they will first send you to the fairy shop then from there you can go to other places. I see no reason for making me wait for three loadings to use the short cut especially when they can just let the Fairy shop be one of the options when I step on the transformation circle instead of forcing me to go there.

Gameplay (6/10)
Graphices (5/10)
Sound (8/10)
Length (7/10)
Atelier Iris Eternal Mana (26/40)

Last edited by Paper exe; 10-02-2005 at 10:45 AM.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:57 AM   #127
Freeman

I demand a Kirby review Paper! :kill: Mario
Old 10-24-2005, 04:19 AM   #128
Paper exe
Pwnd

I already made the NDS one. What Kirby game do you want me to review, but keep in mind that Kirby Dream Land was stolen from me in Karankoao, so I cannot review it!
Old 10-24-2005, 04:27 AM   #129
Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper exe
I already made the NDS one. What Kirby game do you want me to review, but keep in mind that Kirby Dream Land was stolen from me in Karankoao, so I cannot review it!
The GameBoy, GBA & NES ones if possible.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:34 AM   #130
Paper exe
Pwnd

Ok, I will review one, but before that I want to ask every member and including you something.
What if I posted my own pictures of the games that I review? would that be acceptable? I am asking this, because the picture will not be in a high quality, it will look something like that or maybe a little better.

Old 10-24-2005, 09:42 AM   #131
Icarus4578
Virtuosity of Excellence

You might wanna resize it so that it fits within the screen's width because otherwise you'll have to keep scrolling back and forth across the screen in order to read the review, and the reading portion is the review, essentially.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:57 AM   #132
Paper exe
Pwnd

You are right that is a problem. Can anyone tell me how can I resize it and make it smaller?
Also, is this picture quality acceptable?
Old 10-24-2005, 11:03 AM   #133
Nindalf

Easiest way is probably copying the picture and making it smaller in Paint. Should be really simple.

In actual reviews you might want to make them a little bit smaller than that, though. Joe's reviews have pretty good sizes.
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 11:17 AM   #134
Paper exe
Pwnd

You mean like this?

Thanks Nindalf, I did not know that I could resize pictures using Paint.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:21 AM   #135
Nindalf

I live to serve. That's a pretty good size. Shouldn't make reviews hard to read or anything.
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote