The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 06-21-2005, 06:08 PM   #1
Alexander
I speak with codes.

ISO help, please

Okay, so I have an ISO file that I want to burn to a disc. A CD, more specifically. The only problem is that the ISO happens to be...four and a half gigs. 4.5GB.

I wouldn't know what program to use to burn it to seperate discs or even how to start the burning process. I used to have Nero Startsmart but the trial version expired. Help me out!

[EDIT] -The ISO contains video files. I want to view these files, but I don't know how. If there is a way to do it without burning it to a CD, I'd prefer that.

{EDIT EDIT} I tried opening it with Windows Media Player, but it just comes up with the menu, which I can't do anything with. If I wait, it goes to the video but it is playing quicker than normal and I hear weird bleeps and blips every once in a while. If I minimize the program it unexpectedly quits. Well, I suppose that's expected now.

Last edited by Xander; 06-21-2005 at 06:35 PM.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 07:09 PM   #2
Zod
All hail the hypno-toad!!

1. Can't help you rip it down to fit a CD. Try just saving it until you can get a DVD burner, which are cheaper than ever.

2. Try playing it using a DVD playing software. WMP won't play it right.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:30 PM   #3
IoriYagami n8
Pinkerton

You can grab a program like Alcohol 120 or Daemon Tools to create a fake drive on your system, then you simply mount the ISO into that drive and it will function as if it were burned on a disc and loaded into a drive on your PC.

Not sure about splitting ISOs to span them across multiple disc, but once you have the video disc docked into the fake drive you could just rip it like you would normally, and then put the video on CD through whatever means you prefer.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:46 PM   #4
Alexander
I speak with codes.

Well...I got the video to play at what I think is normal speed...but there is no sound playback now... The program I'm using is Cliprex or something.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 01:39 AM   #5
Mistatee
Linguistic Massacre

Ok to burn the ISO file onto a CD i recomend a tool called

Gordion Knot

You can DL at Doom9

It allows you to compress the file to 700mb, or to split into multiple CDs. Its a powerful tool, and i have accomplished taking 3.8gb to 700mb without loosing any noticible quality. But with power comes a price...Its hard to use. Doom9 has a guide to using it, which i recomend checking out. I doubt you will be able to use it without the guide, unless your already knowlegable on video compression. If you have any questions, also feel free to ask me.

As for getting audio to work, Gordion Knot allows you to select audio tracks for your mvoie, but it cant help you if you dont have the file. Its supposed to come with the ISO built in, but maybe it was configured not to for that file.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:07 AM   #6
Nano Fox
All your WIFI are belong to us!

Location: I fell in love with a woman, but my family didn't like her. (Friend)Your parents? (Me) No, my wife and kids.
Find a program called "Magic ISO"
its a little program for burning games, mostly dreamcast bootable games
it will give you a look inside the iso and you can just extract the files, or if you got WinRAR i believe it possibly may allow you to view the files within the iso?
and Gordion Knot is easy and hard to use, but i LOVE the compression possible on the thing... but THE TIME IT TAKES

and Alcohol 120% does'nt exist anymore the company was taken out by the feds rofl... just get it off emule its like 9mbs i thinks....
Old 07-06-2005, 06:20 PM   #7
Mistatee
Linguistic Massacre

Gordion Knot is easy to learn, difficult to master...
And yes it takes soo fu*king long.... especially when your comp gets a memory dump error from using Gordion Knot and BitTorrent at the same time...Restarting sucks...