The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 05-12-2005, 01:21 PM   #16
Seska
Slurp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
So you're going to sit there and tell me that because I haven't played Guild Wars that it is indeed NOT an MORPG that focuses on combat and character skill advancement and the only stories you find are the little quests you do? I guess I am proven wrong!
Yes, you are indeed wrong. Aside from the small quests which reveal a ton of the world's lore, factions and groups and what they are doing in the story, each major primary quest mission progresses the story via long cutscenes heavy with story elements that progress you through the world and the main story.

That is the awesome part of Guild Wars, it has a linear storyline you can choose to follow, but the areas surrounding the main story points are so full of quests and things to do and explore, that the game is only as linear as you choose it to be.

But of course, if you had actually bothered playing it before decreeing Guild Wars has no story, you might have formed a different opinion.

Considering you havent even played it at all, I really dont know what your problem with the game is. Did Guild Wars bully you out of your school lunch money when you were a child, or what is the source of this GW-hating trauma you have? :p
Old 05-12-2005, 11:00 PM   #17
Alucard

Well I'm done arguing with a guild wars whoore who has proven time and time again he enjoys nothing but debating. 3/4 of the debate forum has your posts! Either way, I dont care how many cutscenes the game has, there is no way it will have more story then a singple player game which is made to FOCUS on a story. Argue all you like, I'm sure if you end up playing both you'll see that time and time again a single player game will always have more story then an online game. End of story. Argue all you want, I'm done with the boring circle debate.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 04:44 AM   #18
Seska
Slurp

The reason a game is called a GAME is because it focuses on PLAYING and not storyline, unless you are talking about Xenosaga and MGS. Regardless, Guildwars has more storyline than most mmorpgs out there.

And the FACT remains you are forming your opinion without even having played GW, and without knowing JACK about Titan Quests story content.

Who is biased again?
Old 05-13-2005, 08:17 AM   #19
AshKetchum

Guild Wars isn't really that in depth. I played the beta over two weekends. You play the same levels over and over like in D2 and within each level, there are cutscenes and little snibblets of whats going on. Its fun tho but when I was playing it, the story wasn't really that interesting, hence I don't remember any of it. Good game tho, I'm gonna get it when CC has it back in stock. Its 39.99 on their online store and I have a 10dollar off coupon I gotta use.
AshKetchum is offline   Reply With Quote