what is it wrong?
I even use my neels so that I can move faster :bigsmile:
I use my knees!
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 10:05 AM   #392
Vicviper
Hello handsome!

I use my di.................nevermind.

Paper do you really use your nails? I imagine that would really scratch the screen. Especially since finger nails can be very sharp at times.
Vicviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 11:12 AM   #393
Paper exe
Pwnd

Yes I realy sometimes use my nails
I thought that this is the only way to finish all the mini games in Feel The Magic is to use your nails so that you can move faster
ohh and it is hard to notice the scratchs in my NDS and I cannot see them if I am playing games and I just use tissue with a littel water and it look somewhat just like new(please note that my NDS dose have some scratchs but they are very few and small and not noteabl(even if you are not playing))
and my nails are not sharp
maybe you get the bad NDS (yes there is 2 kinds of NDS one of them have good and strong Touch screen and the other have bad and weak touch screen(if you want to know what kind you have just see your touch screen if it look worst or different then the top screen then you have the bad and weak one but if it look very similer to the top screen then you have the strong and good one and I know that Nintendo is starting to turn like Sony
let just wait and see if the new Nintendo home console have problems then you will see a new thread comeing
Note-I used my hand to finish the mini game Bull in Feel The Magic :bigsmile:
Note-I did say that NDS have problems before meaning that this is not the first time that I said it in the Magic Box(I said this to countre Sanland before he twist it)
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 11:59 PM   #394
Vicviper
Hello handsome!

The more I play Wario Ware(s) my underwear! the more I like it. Joe, you are right about the games being easy once you know what you are doing BUT as you clear more and more games the difficulty ramps up and your time seems to go quicker. I mean the difficulty ramps up as in for example take the mini game where you have to slice the pizza. At first you only need to slice 4 slices but once you "speed up" you need to cut 8 slices and the time you have to do it in seems less.
As of right now this is by far the best game available for the DS. It gets me really excited for what is on the horizon. I can't wait for that Kirby and Yoshi game. Oh and of course the Castlevania game. Even though it is only going to use the touch screen minimally.
Old 02-22-2005, 01:53 AM   #395
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Quote:
BUT as you clear more and more games the difficulty ramps up and your time seems to go quicker.
SEEMS?

It definitely gets quicker. Once you get around level 40 or so then it doesn't get any quicker than that. I think my highest is level 76 on something or other. All of the characters have gold crowns that float above their heads. The game does improve a bit with time, but I have also noticed that my DS isn't always perfectly responsive. This is most noticeable during the part where you must drag a ton of change into a purse. Sometimes the stylus just doesn't drag a coin. I think it's the programming and you must touch the coin dead center or something.
Old 02-22-2005, 01:25 PM   #396
Vicviper
Hello handsome!

I've noticed that to. The game I have noticed it on is a boss battle with Wario or Super Wario the one where you crawl inside a nose and chop nose hairs and what appears to be crusty boogers that resemble boulders. At the end when you have to control Wario on the wave of water(snot?) I always seem to lose.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:22 AM   #397
Paper exe
Pwnd

Quote:
my highest is level 76
ha,my highest level is 202 and I can make it to 999 very easly I just need time
and yes the speed don't change if you go to level 100 or higher
Note:I get this score in Feeling Saucy :bigsmile:
Old 02-23-2005, 01:15 AM   #398
Joe Redifer
Olé!

No, the speed doesn't change after level 40. How do you know if you can make it to level 999 "easily" if you haven't ever done it before?
Old 02-23-2005, 05:44 AM   #399
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Night Striker
5/10
Sega CD/Mega CD

It's a car, it's a plane, it's a bunch o' different robots!

Night Striker is best described as a hybrid of Space Harrier, Thunderblade, and Taito. It kind of plays like Space Harrier, and it kind of plays like Thunderblade, and it definitely sounds like Taito and seems to be programmed by them (ie: not quite Sega arcade quality). This was a 1989 arcade game that made the world forget about everything else, including John Denver. And when you have an arcade game which is this good, what are you gonna do? Reprogram it for Sega's Mega CD and not release it in the US, of course!

Looks like a blocky Thunderblade (arcade version) at night.

Graphics: 3/10
Ummm... Hmmmmm... Yeah. Well it seems a Japanese Sega CD/Mega CD developer FINALLY figured how how to use the scaling feature within the Mega CD. Unfortunately, they didn't quite figure it out all the way. While there is scaling a-plenty in this game, everything is incredibly blocky. You know how in Super Mario World for the SNES how the screen gets really blocky whenever you go into a world? Well imagine if Night Striker did the same thing, but got STUCK right after it started getting blocky. The entire game is a mess of jumbled pixels. But everything moves really fast! The overall resolution is effectively reduced to about 160x112. Apparently Taito never bothered to check out Batman Returns or Soulstar on this same system, games with amazing scaling far better than this game, and no blocky pixels. There is quite a bit of variety in the stages, but nothing to knock your socks off.

This game makes HDTV images look like Colecovision!

Sound: 7/10
The sound effects are arcade quality (for Taito, that means "decent"). The arcade music is included as well as some Zuntata arranged tunes. The music is pretty good. But like most Zuntata music, it's certainly nothing fantastic. It's certainly no Darius Gaiden. The arranged tunes are a bit better, but not tremendously so. There are some voices which chime in when you get hit and whatnot. This voice is obviously the exact same female bitch-whore who voices Thunder Force 2, 3, 4, 5, for the Genesis as well as Thunder Force Arcade. This game is featured in stereo for your immense enjoyment. Crazy!

The tunnels in this game are boring.

Gameplay: 5/10
You move around and shoot enemies while dodging everything else. Like Darius and Out Run, you select which path you want to take at the end of each stage. There are 6 different endings as well. In the last stage, you get some form of assistance via transformations or extra helpers flying around with you, and this varies depending on which path you take as well. That's about it. Not much more to say about this game, but I'll try. Since the graphics are so blocky, they can actually interfere with the gameplay since it is so hard to make out what onscreen objects are. Also, there are no power-ups... just a single shot and a rapid fire. The pace of the game is pretty quick and it is very easy to beat. In fact it might be even harder NOT to complete this game than it is to beat. But the different paths do add some replayability. This game was never released in the US, and it would have been criticized immensely if it were due to the pixelation. If it weren't pixelized, it would have made a great release. Oh well.

The Sega CD shows it's immense power with multiple layers
of scaling images on the bottom of the screen as well as multiple
layers of boss ship attacking you from above.

Wrap up:
A fun arcade shooter from Taito with great scaling and the Atari 2600's resolution!
Old 02-23-2005, 05:44 AM   #400
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Night Striker S
6/10
Sega Saturn

You even get a much nicer looking box!

The Sega Saturn was an awesome 2D system, which means that a port of the Night Striker arcade would be perfect for the system, complete with tons of scaling sprites! Once again it is like Space Harrier meets Thunderblade meets Taito meets Ving. Yes, that's right, a company called "Ving" did the porting chores since Taito was too busy being lazy with Playstation shooters like Rayforce and whatever. This version also was not released in the US, and it is the closest you'll ever get to the arcade version of Thunderblade (which isn't even on MAME).

I can see clearly now.. the pixels are gone!

Graphics: 7/10
The graphics are not blocky like the Sega CD version, so that means it looks much, MUCH nicer. The framerate has also been increased to 60fps without any slowdown at all. The colors and detail are pretty good, but nothing outstanding. This is most likely a straight arcade port for the most part. But the smoothness of the graphics really helps everything.

So much smoother, I can make it through the stage without dying 3 times.

Sound: 6/10
The has the same music as the arcade version. It does not feature an arranged version like the Sega CD version did. Taito does not like Ving, apparently, and forbade them from using the arranged version in this game. The sound effects are fine.

The freakin' tunnels are STILL boring!

Gameplay: 6/10
Read the Sega CD review of this game above. This game plays EXACTLY the same, with the same controls and everything. So why does this one get a higher score in the gameplay department? Simple, really. Since the graphics are so much better and the framerate higher, this game is much easier to control since you can see what is going on at all times. This is a case where the graphics actually help the gameplay. No, that does not mean I am a graphics whore. If you want to talk about whores, we'll have to talk about your mother. There is also an additional "Extra Game" added to the start screen menu, and that is a preselected path of stages that is really hard! Well actually only kinda hard. But it's there. Yee ha.

Again, this game gives me Thunderblade (arcade) flashbacks.

Wrap up:
Definitely the preferable version of Night Striker if you must have a version of the game. Oh, by the way, the "S" stands for "Perfect Arcade Port".
Old 02-24-2005, 03:33 AM   #401
Paper exe
Pwnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Redifer
No, the speed doesn't change after level 40. How do you know if you can make it to level 999 "easily" if you haven't ever done it before?
because like you said the speed dose not change
Note-I did not loose I just get tird and then stop playing
it is very easy to get this score by useing your nail
ohh I said the speed doesn't change after 100
because this is the time that I noticed it
Old 02-24-2005, 06:07 AM   #402
Icarus4578
Virtuosity of Excellence

I always used to see this game being sold used and I never bothered to go near it. It looks similar to HyperZone, except with cars instead of hover-machines/ships or whatever the heck that thing is supposed to be.
Icarus4578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 11:37 AM   #403
Havoc2049
64-bit Interactive Multimedia System

Great reviews of the Night Striker games. Night Striker S looks really cool. Wow, the Mega CD version does look fugly as hell. The checkerboard screen shots remind me of some games from the late 8-bit and early 16-bit 3D games. The Mega CD version doesn't though, that looks very Colecovisionish.

The very first Lucasfilm game, Ballblazer, with 3D checkerboard playfield, 8-bit. Makes the coders of the Mega CD version of Night Striker look like a bunch of foolio's.

Havoc2049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 12:36 PM   #404
Joe Redifer
Olé!

That looks way too awesome to be legal.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:45 PM   #405
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Def Jam Vendetta
2/10
Playstation 2

You gots`ta fight fo` tha bling bling.

Oh H-to-tha-izzell yeah! whats mo' killa than a wrestl'n game witta bizzay of crappy rappa wit some punch'n moves thrown in? wizzy i can T-H-to-tha-izzink of `bout ten billion th'n tizzle is crazy ass nigga thiznan this game, like squeez'n mah balls, clockin' witta kitchen knife, n doin a drive-by, fo` instance . Bounce wit me. tha game starts out by claim'n that fight'n has become too gangsta ta continue in da streetz, so its gone undaground jus like Need fo' Speed yo. n now you fizzay moronic rappa as wizzay. You wizzle yo way up ta tha mizzle homey n beat him ta steal his biznatch. whizzat a bootylicious premise fo` a game in tha hood! Leave it ta EA ta come up wit sizzuch a wack concept dawg!

Oooo... EA Big! This gizzy doesnt want a gangsta ta "challenge everyth'n" I guess.

Graphics: 5/10
Everyth'n runs at 60 frames per second, tha render'n is decent n all tha motherfuckas look aight. cruisin' is pretty dizzy n shady, just like tha characta in tha game fo' sheezy! many of tha rings look similar, n tha game lacks a large amount of variety in tha graphics n' sh!t. progressive scan (480p) aint supported n 16:9 widescreen aint supported eitha. I guess they think a nigga dizzy hizzle HDTVs or sum-m sum-m. I have not played tha Gamecube version so I cizzay say how this version compares . Im a bad boy wit a lotta hos.

If you like clockin' men rubbin' themselvez against each otha, tizzle you
wizzay absolutely love this game . Boom bam as I step in the jam, God damn!

Sound: 1/10
The sound effectz is decent in this game n that be tha only reason i gave it a whole point doggystyle. characta like ta rap sh!t before n afta a match . Ya fuk with us, we gots to fuk you up. everybody has lots of 'tude yo. but tha "music" is absolutely horrible . Put ya mutha fuckin choppers up if ya feel this.. but what do you expect? it is rap n sh!t. rap is awful n it really causes a lot of pain fo` mah ears yo. lots of def jam "artists" like Method Man, DMX n playa morons lent they tunes fo` dis game. brotha fo` an EA game tha music seems fairly typical, kna mean? EA games always have tha worst music. EA suckz.

Notice how this homey has ta rap smack while perpetratin' two of his fingaz on
each hand downward. This makes him buggin` coo` yo spittin' that real sh!t.

Gameplay: 2/10
Whats you gots hizzle is basically a wrestl'n game. You mizzle beat, errr.. oppress yo opponent dizzle n tizzy pin him. Thiznen you advance ta tha next round . Freak y'all into da beat y'all. Since it is a hatin' game, obviously tha controls suck major donkey ass n sh!t. I have neva played a wrestlin' gizzy wit good controls and this b all crazy up in here. Miznost of tha buttons is holds n there is only one "strike" button. Lots of times you jizzle stand there n yo oppressa smashes into you n you cizzant do a dizzle thing `bout it, ya dig? Once you win you can play as yo opponent in future fights n shizzay. You can also unlock "eye candy" whizzay is pictures of tha slutty hos that you have won. Yes, bitchez is commodizzles in this game. You have a story mizzle n a VS mizzy n all that crazy shiznit. Since tha controls sizzuck so miznuch ass, tha game gets messin' fizzast. It truly does sizzay ta play this gizzy like a mofo trippin' on crack. But if u hate good games, then you W-to-tha-izzill probably love this game since it sucks so hard jus like u do.

Aw naw! they is outside of tha ring. Slap your mutha f*ckin self! thats
coz this game breaks all of tha rules n is totally off da hook, knowhutImsayin'?

Wrizzap up:
You may be ask'n why I be hatin' on dis game so mizzay n why did I botha my drug deala ta play it? Wizzy from time ta time I like ta lay tha smizzay dizzle on brothas who think a bad game iz good, n I am bustin' that a lot of thugz thizzay this game is actually good so jus' chill yo. I mizzle come along n tizzy it like it is n inform tha world thizzay games like this is horrible pieces of triznash. Rhymin' and gettin high on battery acid iz more fun thizzan play'n this turd of a game! And we be out. Peace.

Last edited by Joe Redifer; 03-09-2005 at 11:47 PM.