The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 12-19-2004, 05:53 PM   #1
1337haxxor
Banned

You Need Lag And Lag Needs You!

For as long as online gamming has exsisted there has been Lag. Everytime you play with it you come across it and thats not going to change anytime soon... or is it? With rapid technological advancements the lag may be taken out of the everyday gaming experence, and I for one don't want it.

Lag always gives people somthing to talk about while playing. People talk in length about how much lag there is and compair it to other times when there was alot of lag. People like to talk about it to figure out who exactly is lagging and maybe why. People like to speculate the cause, is it the I.S.P., the server, an error? Who knows.

When you get pwned or miss an easy shot in a game, where would you be without lag? You can't say, WTF the lag Fuxxored my shot! anymore because there is no lag. All of a sudden gamings biggest scape goat has been taken away. Your going to have to come to grips with the fact that you just can't snipe.

If there wasn't lag we wouldn't be able to enjoy the stills of our favorite games. Ever play Dawn Of War online and your with some super laggy jerk and you get a chance to look and see how detailed the modles are? Wow, I never noticed the indentation on the decals, good modeling!

WE need lag to give us somthing to brag about. To talk about how great our computers are because they never lag and how great our video cards are because they never clip in and out. When we win a game we can say, "HA! I pwn3d you even though there was a ton of lag." or "I got a head shot even though there was lag!"

So what can we do with out lag? The future of Internet gamming depends on it!
1337haxxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 06:32 PM   #2
Drunken Savior

Down With Dial-up! Down With Idiots Who Download And Play Online At The Same Time!

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 08:05 PM   #3
Dhaos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337haxxor
You need lag and lag needs you
After evaluating your assertion, I can come to only one conclusion.

You are a Communist!

Why must you commies lie so much? Get back to Cuba and draw pictures of Stalin with red crayons, liar.
Dhaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 08:40 PM   #4
1337haxxor
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Savior
Down With Dial-up! Down With Idiots Who Download And Play Online At The Same Time!
ha, once i was playing UT2K4 online while i downloaded songs off of SoulSeek, downloaded a pirated copy of Pirates Cove and defraged my computer.
1337haxxor is offline   Reply With Quote