The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Sony Discussion

Old 04-21-2002, 01:28 AM   #1
Rubeus

Final Fantasy X Ending - Tidus is still "alive"?

I just finished Final Fantasy X, after playing the game for 90+ hours.

At the end of the credits, the final screen shows Tidus "waking" up in the water, smiling and swimming away. Although he vanished at the ending, but this shows somehow he still exists somewhere. Is he still "alive"?

Does it look like Square is planning for a sequel to the game?Because in the FFX International version there is an extra ending with Yuna, Wakka and Rikku running off to search for Tidus.
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 04-21-2002, 02:08 AM   #2
Overlord
Akuma to odorou

Spoilers!

Well, in the game they say that the Tidus that you were playing with was just a dream(The Bahamut Aeons dream to be exact). So he technically was never alive.

...If you went back to the Shiva aeon, the aeon says after you beat sin, you won't be in this world any more. Because they're getting weaker for dreaming all this time. And then the Shiva aeon said that they will make a new dream for him. Thats one possibilty.

At the Gia they have a translation for FFX:I. I never read it 'cause I didn't want to spoil for my self.

But the director said that he didn't want to give it away, and wants you to use your own imiganation...

So every guess is still just a theory...kinda

We seem to have juxtaposed an impasse here.
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 02:29 AM   #3
teepo

ever heard of a goddamn SPOILER warning! jesus.. thx alot.
Old 04-21-2002, 01:03 PM   #4
spikeout

Angry

"thank you" Rebeus for spoiling my fun with Final Fantasy X.

Next time tell me if you're starting any game so that I could tell you the ending.. who dies and all..

I hate you..

Last edited by spikeout; 04-22-2002 at 10:07 PM.
Old 04-22-2002, 01:31 AM   #5
Rubeus

Quote:
Originally posted by teepo
ever heard of a goddamn SPOILER warning! jesus.. thx alot.
Chill out! What I have said is a bonus scene after the credits, it has nothing to do with the ending, nor it will spoil the ending or give away any of the story. The ending of the game is absolutely unimaginable!

Even if you are in the middle of the game or have not played the game, you will have no clue what I'm talking about until you have finished the entire game and watched all the ending scenes.
Old 04-22-2002, 01:34 AM   #6
Rubeus

Quote:
Originally posted by spikeout
"thank you" Rebeus for spoiling my fun with Final Fantasy X.

Next time tell me if you're starting any game so that I could tell you the ending.. who dies and all..

I hate you..

Read my last reply.

Talk about spoiler, doesn't Square spoil you enough by showing the wedding scenes between Yuna and Seymour?! You are ridiculous.
Old 04-22-2002, 03:11 AM   #7
teepo

i can't believe you didn't even apologize for upsetting us. for all we know, you could be lying right now.

and have you also ever heard of the "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" warning?
Old 04-22-2002, 04:45 AM   #8
Seska

SPOILER SPACE

Well, it is pretty obvious only from reading the topic of this thread you did spoil the ending. "Tidus 'still alive'" implies that at some point he DIES. I have played FFX fortunately, and I KNOW that giving away Tidus' death is the biggest spoiler in the game, so its no use trying to hide that fact, Rebeus.

I suggest next time you make your topic more ambiguous - like "Questions about FFX ending - SPOILERS INSIDE!" That way you will have less people screaming for blood. :p
Old 04-22-2002, 04:47 AM   #9
Alucard

Rebeus, that was definately a spoiler. Even if you don't thinkt he water part was, the part about Tidus disappearing at the end IS. I played the game so after halfway through or so you basically have an idea. Thats a dead give away. And they know he disappears at the ending now before having completed it. They can't hope an ending to have him, say, marry Yuna. Or stay in the world and such. He just...'disappears'.
You may not think it's a spoiler, but it is. IT spoils part of the ending. If you do mention part of a game, doesn't matter what part you are takling about, always assume alot of people haven't played it and may read you post. So put *spoilers* in the subject heading. It's just courtesy.

Last edited by Alucard; 04-22-2002 at 04:49 AM.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 11:14 AM   #10
Rubeus

Quote:
Originally posted by Seska
SPOILER SPACE

Well, it is pretty obvious only from reading the topic of this thread you did spoil the ending. "Tidus 'still alive'" implies that at some point he DIES. I have played FFX fortunately, and I KNOW that giving away Tidus' death is the biggest spoiler in the game, so its no use trying to hide that fact, Rebeus.

I suggest next time you make your topic more ambiguous - like "Questions about FFX ending - SPOILERS INSIDE!" That way you will have less people screaming for blood. :p
Obviously you haven't even finished the game, Tidus is "dead" at all. If you have finished the game you will know what I am talking about, see you are still in the cloud and just start flaming other people like those two above (I believe "they" are the same person).
Old 04-22-2002, 11:18 AM   #11
Rubeus

Quote:
Originally posted by teepo
i can't believe you didn't even apologize for upsetting us. for all we know, you could be lying right now.

and have you also ever heard of the "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" warning?
I believe Square gave away the scene of Yuna and Seymour's wedding is a much greater spoiler, why don't you demand SQUARESOFT for an apology?

It's obvious you are not even playing the game, you are just pulling people's leg. Why are you using two different aliases to "support" yourself?
Old 04-22-2002, 11:19 AM   #12
Alucard

If you haven't played this game, don't read what I write...

Rebeus, w are not the same person. The only person confused here is you. Tidus does die in a fashion at the end. If you actually understood the game then technically Tidus NEVER existed. He was a dream. I really hope noone reads this that hasn't played it yet cause that'll suck. I wont say anymore, but quit being an idiot for once just don't mention ANYTHING that happens in a game without adding SPOILER to your topic heading.
Maybe you think the other person and me are the same because of what we said.. Or perhaps we actually have more common sense then you to actually recommend you the SMART choice when posting. Theres rules to go by on a board. Don't mention anything in a game because it's counted as a spoiler to those who haven't gotten there. I don't want to keep having to say this because I really dont see why I should. Just a little manners would be good. Then you can post away happily.
But don't act so full of yourself when you're being given advice. Because I can take the advice away and make a flame if you can't figure that out.
Old 04-22-2002, 11:50 AM   #13
THX 1138
Banned

HEY! Alucard! What's up, dude?
Remember me from your GT 2 racing forum site?
Ajaxle
I was on GT 3 Times for awhile. It got messy when I beat the hell out of some German guy named Flinx. That was on Corte de Azure (Monte Carlo), LOL! Beat him by a full second.
Anyway welcome here.

(What this 'buddy list' crap?)
j/k
THX 1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 12:43 PM   #14
Alucard

Hey dude. Sorry, but I'm not the same guy. But I have a huge fan of the GT games. Thanks for the welcome ;)
Old 04-22-2002, 12:54 PM   #15
THX 1138
Banned

Not Alucard Jeronovitch?
Sorry dude, for the mistaken identity (lol, i just spelled tity!).

BTW, I like simulations, RPGs are too bookwormish for my tastes.
L8R
THX 1138 is offline   Reply With Quote