The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 11-23-2003, 04:59 AM   #1
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
arggh stupid call of duty

tell me if this makes sense

I just got the game

then my little brother installed and played multiplayer for like 2 hours

then my older brother goes to play

when he goes to choose a team to play on, it freezes and messes up

so then we test out Single player, I get into the training but as soon as I hit up

FREEZED AGAIN!

I have a radeon 9600 pro, I downloaded the hotfix for it

it did nothing but ask me to re register my radeon again

I reinstalled it and it does the same thing

and I have WinXP too

I'm more thinking its my XP cause my brother was playing, its just for some reason now not working
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 11-23-2003, 06:19 AM   #2
Seska

If you ahve winXP you can always choose to rollback to a recovery point BEFORE the game was installed, then install and try again.

Hit the start button/programs/accessories/systemtools and select system recovery. Then recover to apoint BEFORE your brother installed CoD. Dont worry, the process doesnt delete any files or mail or stuff you ahev downloaded, it jsut uninstalls all the stuff you have installed after that moment.
Old 11-23-2003, 07:00 AM   #3
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
yeah I've done it before

but no need so far

I looked up at Activision's site and it actually had a sympton for what happens to me

apperently I have to set the video settings to 600-800 and keep it on 32bit

if its set to anything else it will crash

been playing 2 hours so far

just quit now

but if it still works after the next time I reboot my computer, its fixed

thanks for the advice anyways Seska

hope this works, I like to play the single player I find it fun
Old 11-23-2003, 07:31 AM   #4
Alucard

Ok that makes zero sense. My friend has WinXP and a radeon 9800 and he doesn't have to play in 600x800. What version Catalyst drivers do you have installed? And I'll assume you already have DX9?
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 07:56 AM   #5
Nindalf

The game sucks. It doesn't have Normandy. Played it at my friends, and don't see what's the big deal is, there's enough WW2 FPSs already!
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 10:53 AM   #6
Alucard

Be quiet Nin! I bet you didn't experience the awesomness of the Russian stages! If you say you had then you're lying! And if you had and you didn't like the game still then you were most likely on the N64 didn't know it!
Old 11-23-2003, 11:03 AM   #7
Nindalf

I don't know was it russians or not, in that retarded game world they all speak english, I played some retarded stages, where I had to snipe down some snipers and then invade the building, then I played some weird snow stages, where I had to blow up some retarded cannons. Or some of those level might have been from H&D2, not sure, we played both. H&D2 sure was fun in LAN though.
Old 11-23-2003, 01:22 PM   #8
Alucard

H&D2 is sucky. CoD is awesome.
Old 11-23-2003, 01:26 PM   #9
Nindalf

WTF?! H&D2 is brilliant! Have you played it, or the first one? That was a game that really deserved a sequal, unlike this POS CoD, never should have been made!
Old 11-23-2003, 02:26 PM   #10
Alucard

Read my sig and go back to your nintendo!!!
Old 11-23-2003, 06:15 PM   #11
spider-prime

Quote:
Originally posted by Alucard
Ok that makes zero sense. My friend has WinXP and a radeon 9800 and he doesn't have to play in 600x800. What version Catalyst drivers do you have installed? And I'll assume you already have DX9?

ok nevermind what I said, now it crashes my computer when I get into a game

Windows XP just shuts down and restarts with the blue screen of death

but I have all the recent drivers installed

and apparently alot of people with ATI cards are having problems and the hotfix still doesn't fix it, so I'm gonna take it back till they have a good fix for the game

but for some reason it works fine when I install it for the first time but then when I reboot it screwed up

Old 11-24-2003, 08:39 AM   #12
Alucard

Sounds like theres something on your system messing with it. I dont buy the ATI card problem. I'm assuming you've been to the official site and read thoroughly through the forums on the technical help? Or even posted your own topic about it?

Dont bother taking it back. Once you find out what the problem is then it'll be fine. But if you take it back and buy it again in a month, the price will still be the same. So keep it anyway. This way you garuntee yourself that you'll play it instead of ignore it for newer games. The problem is something freakish. Flitter about the forums and see if theres a way to fix things. Its probably something real simple.
Old 11-24-2003, 12:00 PM   #13
jeremy_aerts

You seriously don't think call of duty is that good of a game? your more of a nintendo fanboy than i thought....
Old 11-24-2003, 12:26 PM   #14
Nindalf

Wow wow wow, Me? A Fanboy? HAHAH! Where do you get this stuff?! HAhahahaha...fanboy...

Hilarious.
Old 11-26-2003, 04:04 AM   #15
spider-prime

yeah it is my computer why it isn't working

I got a new computer on monday brand new custom made computer

DVD rewritable in it too

2.6 ghz processor, with 800mhz busside,

best thing about my new computer was

FREE SCANNER/PRINTER/COPIER!

FREE WIRELESS ROUTER!

FREE 1 GIG DDR RAM!

FREE 160 GIG HD!

FREE DIGITAL CAMERA!

for only 1300 dollars CDN too

but I switched my ATI to the new computer and it works fine, Call of Duty works perfect, Counter Strike is getting a constant 200 fps now :yikes:

before on my 1.6 ghz computer it would only get 60 constant fps

so something is messing up my old computer so after I take it to my friend whose job is to repair computers, he might be able to find out the problem and fix it

I told him about it and he may think its a HD problem, it might be busted or something

cause before it was running way to slow then it should, so I reformatted, it still ran wayyy to slow then its supposed to when the only thing on it was Windows itself

and then errors came up saying windows files were getting replaced by corrupted vers. and asked for the CD almost non stop

then it would mess up by not loading windows anymore

but I recently got it to stop bringing up the error by reformatting again, but it still ran to slow

so there must be some errors in my hardware why it would do that

so I will find out later on, but on well, now I got my new computer where the only thing bad about it is I got SUPER CHEAP SPEAKERS ahha dammmm they poopy