The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Sony Discussion

Old 09-19-2003, 04:32 PM   #1
goodcharlotte

my friend says final fantasy x2 is boring

my classmate says that ffx2 is boring......he says that the mission is not so tough......i really want to know about all of guys here that have this game...cause i dont want to be bored with this so call ffx2 thing....
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 04:36 PM   #2
Pilotwings
*can't talk...eating*

seska's rating for this game is:

out of 5's

Pilotwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 05:21 PM   #3
Xenogears

another thread to bash on FFX-2, My God!!:irked"
Old 09-19-2003, 05:34 PM   #4
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Yes Indeedy. 8)
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 05:34 PM   #5
MoMo

stop bashing FFX guys, its ridiculous, its an awesome game thats better than Kingdom Hearts, Disgeae(or whatever), and Dark cloud. I dont hear yall making threads bashing Dark Cloud now do i? Why more FFX bashing than Dark Cloud if FFX is more entertaining than Dark Cloud? see what i mean?

currently playing ~ La Pucelle tactics
games owned to play and beat~Onimusha 2, ICO, Harvest Moon:AWL
MoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 05:36 PM   #6
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

That's cuz more people have played FFX and it's newer! On a side note Dark Cloud was actually pretty crappy luckily the sequel has improved tenfold.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 10:13 PM   #7
Xenogears

yes, indeed!! very nice improvent over the original Dark Cloud:cool guy:
Old 09-19-2003, 11:10 PM   #8
SpaceManSpiff
Spiff to the Rescue!!

I had 2nd thoughts on getting FFX-2, and now I think I will just wait for the Greatest Hits version. Same goes with FFXI, not sure I want that anymore either. Sigh, hopefully FFXII gets here sometime soon and lives up to the hype.
Old 09-19-2003, 11:24 PM   #9
baratus
Elite Bouncer

I just love FFX bashing threads. :2happy:
baratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 02:06 AM   #10
Alucard

Quote:
Originally posted by MoMo
stop bashing FFX guys, its ridiculous, its an awesome game thats better than Kingdom Hearts, Disgeae(or whatever), and Dark cloud. I dont hear yall making threads bashing Dark Cloud now do i? Why more FFX bashing than Dark Cloud if FFX is more entertaining than Dark Cloud? see what i mean?
Gee lets see here... Disgaea <or whatever as you put it>, is not being bashed for a reason. Cause its GOOD! Excellent story, characters, spells, over 100 classes, 100's of hours of game time, I mean seriously... game is excellent. Thats why you wont hear anyone bashing it. As for Dark Cloud, everyone already said the first one had dull dungeons and little story, and the only good thing about it was the village building sim. That doesn't sound like it was praised..

And I'm surprised at the lot of you. People pop up and say the game is shoddy, yet you palm them back and say to stop bashing it. How come noone praises Enter the Matrix or Oni or Tomb Raider? Lets see.... maybe you lot should go defend them too.

Btw MoMo, its FFX-2 being bashed, not FFX. That was actually a good game. If limited.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 04:05 AM   #11
Dreamkin

Forgive me but please make one thing clear. YOu never even played FFX-2 right?

And I can bash Digaea's visuals anytime anywhere. And Disgaea's story is like Naked Gun of the RPG games. Not neceserrily amazing. There are times people would prefer something more serious. It's not that I'm saying FFX-2's story is more serious (although I really don't know the story.)

Your disgust of the game may be caused by the girlie story and appearance of the game. But that does not make it a bad game. Don't get me wrong I am not saying that it's a good game. It's just I haven't played it get and I don't even understand why people try to rate it without playing it.

If it is the appearance of the game let me give you one example: Final Fantasy VII is one of the best FFs right?.. If I heeded the warnings and judged the game from its appearance I'd call it **** and crap. I still DO think that the stupid visual style of the game wounds the story a lot. But I am perfectly in the knowledge of FF VII being a wonderful game.
Old 09-20-2003, 04:58 AM   #12
Seska

I have played FFX-2 AND I am currently playing Disgaea.

I can assure you, so far Disgaea offers a better story and more entertaining dialogue than FFX-2 could ever hope to. And that in a RPG, along with good gameplay, is all that matters to me.
Old 09-20-2003, 12:16 PM   #13
sin75

I thought Disgaea hava a very funny story...sometimes. Especially the part where Laharl meets those sexy women in chapter 4 or 5 I think.

I haven't played enough of FFX2 to comment whether it is good or not but I can say that it feel like you're playing a tonned down PC expansion set game. First time I'd played it reminds me of Charlie's Angel, so gives me a lame feeling about Square's imitation.
sin75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 01:19 PM   #14
Alucard

Dreamkin, I've seen the game over my friends house. I've heard enough bad reviews from people on the net I know and dont know. I've read up alot on it from whats been said from those who have finished it. I believe one, with an above standard intelligence, can pretty much piece together that this game is NOT the second coming, nor is it a memorable rpg. The girlie thing does not push me aside, as I'm one of those who actually loves a good romance girlie story blahblah.

I believe we can make assumptions if given enough info. If a few friends of yours come back from the movies and say OH GOD THIS MOVIE WAS SIHT, does that mean you will shrug and smile and head off and watch it? The hell you will. Trying to be positive about FFX-2 just because you enjoy the FF series will NOT make the bad reviews and impressions given by others suddenly become uber positive. Ofcourse if you're after an rpg with no substance, character devleopment, or story, then yeah you will love this game and I will be made to look stupid for having slightly higher expectations in an rpg.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 01:22 PM   #15
Seska

I find it rather amusing how people who havent played the game and flame it, get abused, while people who havent played the game and defend it, don't. If you get what I mean. :p