The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 04-28-2003, 03:01 PM   #1
Alucard

Console price drops

Saw this over at www.voodooextreme.com a very great place I regularly visit for PC game news.

Quote:
A VE reader who wishes to remain anonymous, sent this over:

I am an employee at a Gamestop software retailer in the United States. This past week, we receieved our spring/summer advertisement shipment. Enclosed in this shipment was a "poster package" with a label on it that read "do not display until contact by corporate". Upon opening the package, an employee and myself found 3 posters. The posters indicated the upcoming price drops for the XBOX, PS2, and Gamecube. The XBOX poster read a price of $149.99, the PS2 also at $149.99, and the Gamecube at $99.99. I think that this information clears up any speculation on a console price drop, with some sort of announcement from the companies coming directly before or during E3.

These are the same prices quoted by various other people with inside information over the past few days and with these being real display posters then it's safe to say that this is happening.
Sounds kinda saucy.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 03:46 PM   #2
Reality
Sin and Punishment

I see Nintendo ging for $130. Really it sounds more liek them since all their consoles hit that price at one time. I never seen a new one for just $100
Old 04-28-2003, 05:29 PM   #3
Username

It's already $100 considering it comes with a free game (Circuit City is making that 2 free games).
Old 04-29-2003, 01:24 AM   #4
Olm52
uberfanboy

I doubt sony will drop the PS2 to 149$, its not economically justifiable seeing as they are still selling more units of consoles than their competitors combined. Maybe theyre waiting for the 'second console' effect to kick in though. A lot of People have had PS2's for a while now and are probably thinking about getting a GCN or Xbox so maybe theyre just trying to forestall that
Olm52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 01:35 AM   #5
Renegade X
Return of the Renegade

If the XBOX lowers it's price, you better believe Sony and Nintendo are going to lower theres, because face it... 150, Hard Drive, Best Online Gaming right now, DVD Play back, plus if they keep the 2 game bundle... I don't care what anybody sez, even a bucked toothed, yolkel would buy into that even if he didn't have a TV.... Ok maybe I'm going a little far but... still thats a hot price tag for what you can get.

Currently PLAYING: Oblivion(PC), Rise of Legends Demo (PC), Commandos 2 (PC)

Just Finished: Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2), Castlevania Symphony of the Night (PSOne)
Renegade X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 02:10 AM   #6
Miburo

Actually, I have heard as well some rumours that Sony will drop the price of PS2 to $150 after the E3 event. But, rumours are only what they are. So, we'll see, I guess.