The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 04-22-2003, 07:06 PM   #1
DBJAY

Sega announces Headhunter 2!

SEGA today announced the development of Headhunter: Redemption, a cinematic third-person action epic for the Xbox video game system from Microsoft and the PlayStation?2 computer entertainment system.

Headhunter: Redemption is the gripping story of Jack Wade, a veteran Headhunter keeping order in a futuristic world overrun with unchecked consumerism, vicious organized crime and mind-controlling mass media. When Jack and his prot?g?, the sassy, streetwise Leeza X, stumble upon an arms smuggling operation that threatens the status quo, they must work together to deliver an oblivious world from impending catastrophe, confronting their darkest fears beneath a chilling shroud of evil that blankets the city.

Taking place in a world divided, Headhunter: Redemption features two disparate, symbiotic realities ? "Above" and "Below." "Above" is a glittering metropolis of glass and steel towers, whose citizens are controlled by ever-present media and the powerful corporations behind it. "Below" is a subterranean colony, home to criminals, undesirables and misfits, sent down by the society "Above" to work in return for the right to survive. "

Due in late 2003. The first one was a solid game, so my expectations are high for the sequel.
DBJAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 04-25-2003, 07:24 AM   #2
Kojiro Hyuga
Employed Slave

Well, Hope Jack Wade loses his Chuck Norris look- Oh, for Chrissakes NOT Chuck Norris:yikes:

- I really enjoyed the First game and its "Robocop" Kind of Humor- The actors overacted a bit, but hey, that's typical in Videogames, isn't it?;)

Oh, by the way, great soundtrack (if a bit over the top in some areas- It was too epic!)
Old 04-28-2003, 02:58 PM   #3
zsidane
Running wild!

not coming on the GC?
Old 04-28-2003, 03:11 PM   #4
DBJAY

Nope, in fact it looks like Sega has split up some of their exclusives to each platform.

GC gets Billy Hatcher, Sonic DX, PSO Card Battle
PS2 gets Headhunter, Vectorman, Altered Beast, VF 4 Evo
Xbox gets Otogi, Virtua Cop 3, Sega GT Online,

I do disagree with how they spread out the games...

No sense in taking your biggest franchises and isolating them to one platform.
DBJAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 03:23 AM   #5
Spited Pariah
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by DBJAY
Nope, in fact it looks like Sega has split up some of their exclusives to each platform.

GC gets Billy Hatcher, Sonic DX, PSO Card Battle
PS2 gets Headhunter, Vectorman, Altered Beast, VF 4 Evo
Xbox gets Otogi, Virtua Cop 3, Sega GT Online,

I do disagree with how they spread out the games...

No sense in taking your biggest franchises and isolating them to one platform.
I agree but I guess from thier end of the table its to save Cash and give insentive to buy the game via the console..

besides im sure the Console Companies give big payloads of cash in order to get exclusivity rights.. Sega probably just put thier available franchises up for bid to the highest bidder.. of course, directing more incentive to the consoles they wanted to have it the most..

Just pure speculation from my part.. but whenever something goes one way exclusively, its always because cash is being thrown around, not only because of cash waiting to be made
Spited Pariah is offline   Reply With Quote