Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 03-06-2018, 02:23 PM   #1
Rubeus

Sources: Yes, Diablo 3 is coming to Nintendo Switch

Click for full size

Quote:
Sources: Yes, Diablo 3 is coming to Nintendo Switch
Good heavens!

Last week, Blizzard set tongues wagging with an apparent tease for a Diablo game on Nintendo Switch. The image - of a Diablo night light being repeatedly switched on and off - felt fairly deliberate.

But then, after hours of fan excitement, an official response emerged from within Blizzard apparently designed to dampen down the flames: "As of now, we do not have any current plans to announce Diablo for Switch," a spokesperson told us.

So, what's going on? Well, while Blizzard makes its mind up, Eurogamer sources have told us that yes - the project is very much in production. And as you might expect, the game will be a port of Diablo 3.

Our sources could not confirm whether the game's Reaper of Souls and Rise of the Necromancer expansions will be included - but at this point it would be surprising if they were not.

In its earlier statement, pouring cold water on the rumours, Blizzard described the Twitter post as simply "a fun engagement piece". Eurogamer sources with knowledge of the project told me they were surprised to see it, as the game's reveal remains several months off.

So, what did happen last week? It feels like a none-too-subtle social media tease blew up larger than expected - and while Blizzard frequently encourages speculation about its upcoming releases, Nintendo typically does not - and third-party Switch games have often been announced relatively close to their launch.

When contacted for this report, a Blizzard spokesperson told me the company had no new statement to add.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...intendo-switch
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 01:58 PM   #2
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

I'd rather have Hearthstone and Overwatch.
"This seems like a good time for a drink, and a cold calculated speech with sinister overtones. A speech about politics, about order, brotherhood, power. But speeches are for campaigning. Now is the time for action."
BlindMaphisto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 07:59 PM   #3
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Hearthstone and StarCraft would be cool on the switch. Touch Screen RTS mode would be awesome.

I would only get overwatch again on console if they made a single player story mode, or even a coop one.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:41 PM   #4
Nem
Smash bro!

I'd rather have WoW. There i said it. :p

Actually, a WoW on consoles with no addons could be a novel experience.
Old 03-09-2018, 09:38 AM   #5
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post
I'd rather have WoW. There i said it. :p

Actually, a WoW on consoles with no addons could be a novel experience.
If I'm not mistaken they are beta testing Tera for consoles right now, in fact I just checked google and it said open beta actually starts today. Not sure if you're interested in that game or not. I might give it a try.

Should probably clarify, Ps4 and xbone, not switch.
"This seems like a good time for a drink, and a cold calculated speech with sinister overtones. A speech about politics, about order, brotherhood, power. But speeches are for campaigning. Now is the time for action."

Last edited by BlindMaphisto; 03-09-2018 at 12:41 PM.
BlindMaphisto is online now   Reply With Quote