The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 12-21-2017, 11:54 PM   #1
Rubeus

Report: The New Nintendo 3DS XL is discontinued in Europe

The 3DS is on its last leg, you can tell by seeing all the resources have been shifted to the Switch.

Quote:
Report: The New Nintendo 3DS XL is discontinued in Europe

Over on the resetera forums, Shiggy has posted a new tidbit about the Nintendo 3DS family — or the lack thereof.
“The marketing over the past few months made this evident already as only the 2DS and 2DS XL showed up in ads. But I just got hold of the latest Nintendo product list (i.e. a list of products retailers and distributors can purchase from Nintendo of Europe or affiliated companies) and the last two Nintendo 3DS XL products (Samus and SNES LEs) have vanished. Only 2DS bundles and the 4 New Nintendo 2DS XL bundles are available now.

If you still want a New Nintendo 3DS XL, then you may want to get one now. The standard editions are already gone on major online shops. This is pretty much the same way the New Nintendo 3DS disappeared.”
Shiggy goes on to post a graphic showing the progression of Nintendo 3DS and 2DS models being shipped over to Europe since 2010. The last quarter in particular shows a big shift with the New Nintendo 2DS XL model appearing in droves while the New Nintendo 3DS XL is quietly disappearing.

Click for full size

The reasons behind why this change is taking place now are based on purely speculation. Various users in the thread are taking a guess that it’s due to the higher cost of producing the glassless 3D experience, as well as 3D itself not being seen as a “must-have” feature.

We’ve reached out to Nintendo for a comment or confirmation about this report, but as of this publication we’ve yet to hear back. Stay tuned for more details.

https://nintendowire.com/news/2017/1...tinued-europe/
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 07:46 AM   #2
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Yep. Apart from a couple of ports from Atlus don't think there is anything else coming up for the 3DS I'm interested in.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 09:28 AM   #3
Hagane
Unlucky dog

If that will be the case about buring the 3ds then this will be the first time nintendo will go on whiout a back up console.

Unless they're willing to go full mobile in there because oh no! the stupid smarthphones defeated us.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 12:43 AM   #4
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

I think Nintendo is better off having their teams focus on the Switch and module phone market.

STEAM: Sinfulsam
PSN: Sinfulsam
Live Gamertag: Sinful Sam
3DS Code: 1461-6914-4192 (PM me your code if you add me)
Sinful Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 01:20 AM   #5
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Just wait for Pokémon to come out on the switch, cause it will be the actual next gen game and not some spinoff anddddddddddddddddddd it's going to be using Unreal 4 engine!!

I'm hoping it's a MMORPG that lets you catch every single pokemon they have ever made with tons of players in the game, none of this HEY YOU! LETS BATTLE from NPCs unless it's for story mode.

That would easily sell the system like crazy.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 01:58 AM   #6
Hagane
Unlucky dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
Just wait for Pokémon to come out on the switch, cause it will be the actual next gen game and not some spinoff anddddddddddddddddddd it's going to be using Unreal 4 engine!!

I'm hoping it's a MMORPG that lets you catch every single pokemon they have ever made with tons of players in the game, none of this HEY YOU! LETS BATTLE from NPCs unless it's for story mode.

That would easily sell the system like crazy.
With a bunch of microtransactions and paywalls to play along because they already buy every single thing we can come up with.

Why no exploit them to death?
Old 12-23-2017, 02:05 AM   #7
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
You don't want to buy pokeballs and PC space to put them for 10 dollars a ball and 50 for storage?
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 02:46 AM   #8
Hagane
Unlucky dog

Hey I didn't say I was against it.

In fact if they can put a pokemon that won't be in the version that I buy and give me a 1/100 chance of obtaining it in the form of a loot box then I'm going to be on board.