The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 12-15-2011, 09:03 PM   #1
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

MISFITS: Who watches this?

So I started watching this on Hulu and I honestly don't know wtf to make of it. It's like one of those shows that I will never understand. Like the Tomorrow people rofl.

Anyway before I got to episode 4 of this is it worth my time? Let me know.

Zechin
Kiuju2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 09:12 PM   #2
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

I still watch it. It's in it's third season I think. Have you ever seen a show called Luther? It's also a British show. The first season of that I thought was really great and the brits do shorter seasons so it's not such a huge investment.
"I had a perfect nightmare on a starry torrid sea, I am cast in prison by a crippled demon's plea, The demon has three faces all are laughing down at me, The Banker with his filthy lucre sets the game astride, The General with raging might lets forth a battle cry, The Judge locks now the metal tomb where I am meant to die, But vengeance is a brutal beast not held by any cell, My wit is steeled my blade is wet so sound the reapers bell, Banker, Judge and General you all shall burn in hell."
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:39 PM   #3
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

I will look into it then. Since you still watch it I'll keep going, but I am going to pace myself, the first few episodes were kind of needlessly raunchy. The old lady had and the screwing... just eeewww.

Zechin
Old 12-16-2011, 07:57 AM   #4
Ernst

Yeah, British TV doesn't really do network-style shows, mainly just your HBO type stuff, so more raunchy, etc, of course. Misfits it's fun, but it's not The Wire or anything. I still watch it every week. Just for the fun. Luther, too, is fun. If I were you, though, I'd be watching an amazing American show called Breaking Bad.
Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:45 AM   #5
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

I'd be surprised if he hadn't already seen Breaking Bad.
"I had a perfect nightmare on a starry torrid sea, I am cast in prison by a crippled demon's plea, The demon has three faces all are laughing down at me, The Banker with his filthy lucre sets the game astride, The General with raging might lets forth a battle cry, The Judge locks now the metal tomb where I am meant to die, But vengeance is a brutal beast not held by any cell, My wit is steeled my blade is wet so sound the reapers bell, Banker, Judge and General you all shall burn in hell."
Old 12-16-2011, 08:47 AM   #6
Ernst

Then how about Damages? That's amazing as well.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:34 AM   #7
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

That's the first I've ever heard of that show. What makes it a good watch?
Old 12-16-2011, 01:33 PM   #8
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

Yeah I watch breaking bad, that's a good show. Damages not so much. FX has good content always sunny is hilarious.

Zechin
Old 12-16-2011, 01:34 PM   #9
Ernst

It's set in a legal office during a massive class action law suit. The action really transpires around the two central characters. A Machiavellian, crusading lawyer who will do anything to get what she want and her young new apprentice. The main characters are played by Glenn Close and Rose Byrne. The first series is one of the best shows I've ever seen. It's been described as The Sopranos in a legal office. Watch the first episode, you'll get a real feel for whether it's for you or not. It's critically acclaimed.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:52 PM   #10
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

I really like Misfits. It's a good take on superhero shows, and I enjoy it. It's a generic good vs bad show but disguised behind the fact that they 'good' are barely that, and the powers are all weird and different. No super strength or super speed in sight. And it's genuinely funny, especially since Nathan in Season 1 & 2 and Rudy in Season 3 are just great characters. I hope Nathan comes back for Season 4, I'm expecting he does. Storyline-wise he's only been taken out for a few months.

One of the only new series on TV I just can't miss. Other than that, fuck all else on. I recommend people watch it for sure.

Season finale for Season 3 is on Sunday. No way am I missing that, trailer looks great. Misfits can do funny, but the serious bits are done excellently too.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:19 PM   #11
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

Yeah that cat who plays Nathan is pretty funny guy. The cast mesh very well and it was that reason why i kept watching it. I'm on season 2 now and it's getting better. Weird.

Zechin
Old 12-17-2011, 03:00 AM   #12
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

I love this show. That chick Kelly has an accent I can't understand most of the time. They really use the shit out of the cast and their locations. Good shit.

Zechin
Old 12-18-2011, 11:14 PM   #13
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

3rd season I don't like so much. Rudy is kind of lame. Bring back the other dude who talked a bunch of shit. Glad the series is short.

Zechin
Old 12-18-2011, 11:27 PM   #14
Ernst

Nathan's actor, like so many naive Brits, thought he could make it big in the movies off the back of Misfits. Needless to say how that turned out.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:01 AM   #15
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

Well the girl that plays Alicia won't be coming back for season 4, but in her regard her storyline wrapped up in season 3, no way they can possibly bring her back. I'm done though with this show, it was fun for the first 2 seasons no doubt, and I gained a new respect for the English (British) language.

Zechin