The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 10-25-2002, 02:38 AM   #1
baratus
Elite Bouncer

Wolfenstein on GameCube?

I've seen the list of GameCube games at Nintendo's website and it has Return to Castle Wolfenstein on it, but I don't see it on GameSpot's game list. Will this game really be available for GC?
baratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 10-25-2002, 08:34 AM   #2
Mohtools

Sorry, but wolf will not be on the GC. ONLY the xbox and ps2.

Hay by the way yesterday i watched x.02 on gamenetwork and it was crap,crap,crap. They say that they are number two in the market. And game developers love to work on their system cause its 2 powerful.
Mohtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 12:06 PM   #3
8 bit Orgy

Yeah I heard about the GC RtCW thing too. RtCW is a very excellent game and should be bought for the PC.
Old 10-25-2002, 12:48 PM   #4
Alucard

I'm sorry but playing an FPS game on a console is just simply retarded. That simple.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 01:00 PM   #5
baratus
Elite Bouncer

That's too bad, I can't play this game on my PC 'cause my video card is a total piece of shit, why was on that list anyway.
Old 10-25-2002, 04:25 PM   #6
Mav3r1ck

The game is good and I would buy it, but not for a console. The only game I actually liked playing on a console was Goldeneye, oh and I did have fun with Time Splitters too.
Mav3r1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 05:45 PM   #7
baratus
Elite Bouncer

You guys aret totally wrong by saying console FPS suck.
There are really good games of that genre, say, Turok 1 & 2, Doom 64, Goldenyeye 007, Perfect Dark, TimeSpliters 2 and more. Sure the PC has more (after all the genre started in there) but that's no reason to dump the others.
Old 10-25-2002, 11:32 PM   #8
WINDJAMMERS

If anybody knows what games are coming, I'm sure it would be Nintendo. I don't think they'd put it on their site unless they were relitively sure.
Old 10-26-2002, 01:25 AM   #9
Alucard

Baratus, you misunderstand. We never said console FPS games suck. We said we prefer playing them on a PC. Because playing an FPS on a control pad is like playing a car game on a keyboard. Retarded. The amount of acuracy and precision in a control pad for an FPS is minimal.

PC cards these days are cheap. I keep my system updated on a regular basis. Then again I dont buy every game under the sun thats released.
Old 10-26-2002, 02:04 AM   #10
baratus
Elite Bouncer

Quote:
Originally posted by Alucard
Baratus, you misunderstand. We never said console FPS games suck. We said we prefer playing them on a PC. Because playing an FPS on a control pad is like playing a car game on a keyboard. Retarded. The amount of acuracy and precision in a control pad for an FPS is minimal.
Well I agree is easier to move and aim with a mouse rather than with a joystick, but I always have trouble changing weapons and items on a PC FPS because of the keyboard, is easier to me with a controller.
The best style of changing weapons I've ever seen was that of Turok 2, I think Metroid Prime's style is also like that one.
Old 10-26-2002, 03:49 AM   #11
Alucard

I dont follow that.. If you use the WASD keys to move around, then the change weapon keys, which are usually the numbers, are like just above where your fingers are. Easily in reach. Or you could use the wheel on the mouse to scroll through.

Whats Turoks changing method?
Old 10-26-2002, 12:50 PM   #12
8 bit Orgy

You can use any keys you want to move. I use 8456 on the num pad. All the keys I need are are on the num pad.

Also, there has yet to be one person at quakecon that used a controller. The key/mouse combination is flawless for FPS.

Many console games have auto-aim because aiming on a controller is often a joke. There has yet to be one game for the PC with auto-aim. There ARE auto-aim programs called AIMBOTS. WHICH IS CHEATING.
Old 10-26-2002, 12:52 PM   #13
8 bit Orgy

More often than not, a 5-button mouse is all you ever need for single player FPS.