The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 01-31-2006, 03:37 AM   #1
Alucard

Crysis <Farcry sequel>

This one surprised me a little-

Quote:
CHERTSEY, UK - January 30, 2006 - Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS), the world's leading interactive entertainment software company and award-winning developer Crytek, today announced they will bring Crysis, an exciting new first person shooter, to gamers worldwide. Developed by Crytek, the makers of the award-winning Far CryTM, Crysis will be an original first person shooter game for PC based on new intellectual property.

"Our focus has always been on innovating gameplay and technology, and bringing new experiences to gamers through our original intellectual properties," says Cevat Yerli, CEO & President of Crytek. "Crysis will be a showcase for that commitment and will offer gamers from all over the world the next step in FPS gaming."

Shooter fans will face a new kind of gameplay challenge requiring adaptive tactics and customisation of weapons and armour in dynamic, hostile environments as mankind struggles to survive in the face of a horrific alien invasion.

Crysis will bring together the creative and technical talent of Crytek with the publishing expertise and unrivalled reach of Electronic Arts. Crysis is to be published by EA following the worldwide relationship announcement between the two companies and is being developed using the leading-edge technology of Crytek's proprietary engine CryENGINE2.

"We are delighted to reach the next level in our relationship with Crytek," says Tom Frisina, Vice-President and General Manager for EA Partners. "Nurturing creative talent and bringing original intellectual property to the world of interactive entertainment is a key focus for EA and EA Partners. Crysis will bring an entirely new FPS experience to gamers everywhere."
I honestly thought those whores were going to consolize this game because of that hybrid console version of Farcry. Maybe they saw the sales or something and decided to keep the two games totally seperate to each other, or they just plan to work on the PC for now. Either way this should mean no butchering. We've all seen the demo clip of the new engine by now, and it looks most lush. If you aint seen it then head over to gametrailers.com
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 04:33 AM   #2
burpingcat
Really Enjoys The Magic Box

How dare you try to tell me what to do?

Real post:

I'm pretty disappointed in the premise for this game. FarCry was no original concept (just watch an 80's action movie), but at least it wasn't done to death. Not many "kill everything" FPS games are set in a serene jungle island. Crysis sounds like FarCry treading into one of the most GENERIC video game premises...the alien invasion. Ugh.

Last edited by burpingcat; 01-31-2006 at 04:38 AM.
burpingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:07 AM   #3
Alucard

The thing that made farcry popular was its gameplay and engine. The maps were HUGE, and you could even use the grass to hide. I dont think I've played any other game where grass was so perfect for hiding. The AI was excellent aswell. Control, excellent also. This game multiplayer was a total blast. But I loved the single player aswell. Top game. FPS dont need story, they need gameplay and design.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:35 AM   #4
Nindalf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
I dont think I've played any other game where grass was so perfect for hiding.
Metal Gear Solid 3
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 01:43 PM   #5
Alucard

As much of a Konami whore as I am, I am going to scoff at what you said.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:31 PM   #6
Decado

EA will ruin it. One way or the other.

By E3, expect PS3, Xbox360 and perhaps Revolution versions to be shown. It'll probably be bloodless and wimpy like all of EAs current shooter franchises, get crappy expansions that add next to nothing, and see the development studio bought and disbanded.

When will developers learn? Don't do EA. EA kills.

Well, in terms of big FPS/engine developers, who's left? That's right, no one. They're all console developers now (or attached to EA, which is roughly the same thing).
Decado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 02:34 PM   #7
Nindalf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
As much of a Konami whore as I am, I am going to scoff at what you said.
Hey, I hated that stuff in MGS3 as much as the next guy, but everyone knows that hiding in grass in MGS3 > hiding in grass in Far Cry.
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote