The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Sony Discussion

Old 10-03-2002, 11:57 PM   #1
Sevket

Chaos Legion

Well to be honest I am not too much into RPG's but this announcement from Capcom got me excited about it. It really looks stunning. Although altavista has not translated the webpage to english (I wonder why) here is some information about it(from gamers.com)

Today Capcom held an event in Japan to announce their game Chaos Legion, which is a brand new action-RPG for the PS2. CL is under development at Capcom's R&D6, which is based in Tokyo (as opposed to Capcom's usual digs in Osaka) and headed up by Yoshinori Ono.
The game, which is drawing comparisons as varied as Capcom's own Devil May Cry, Yuke's Sword of the Berserk, and Koei's Dynasty Warriors 3 is a large-scale action game with a serious fantasy tinge. The game's scenario is based on a popular series of novels in Japan, and stars a warrior named Sieg Wahrheit. He belongs to the "Black Seal Knights" (rough translation) and is dispatched to track down his friend Victor Delacroix, who's accused of breaking the tenets of a religious organization. This rivalry appears to be the main facet of the game's plot, as the official Japanese homepage's design is focused around it.

Like Capcom's popular Onimusha series, they're working popular Japanese actors into the game, although not as direct character facial models this time around (which means this isn't terribly exciting, news-wise, since the voices in the U.S. version will almost certainly be re-recorded.)

One important facet of the game is that Capcom is promising the movie scenes and game action will fade seamlessly into one another -- something none of their other games has really accomplished, even the beautiful GameCube edition of Resident Evil or PS2's stylish Devil May Cry.

The game offers action sequences of impressive scope, which is where the comparisons to Dynasty Warriors come in. You'll get the chance to mow down large groups of enemies on the battlefield, while also controlling ally characters to assist you during these melees.

The game is planned for Japanese release in Spring of 2003, with U.S. and Europe to follow (probably next fall.) The sales target of the game is 1 million units in its home territory and more abroad -- Capcom doesn't aim low, do they? Hopefully, more screens and concrete details will be released in the near future.
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 10-04-2002, 12:59 AM   #2
Cobi*
renegade

it's definately one to keep an eye on. i wonder why they didn't just tell us this one week ago at tgs ??? oh well, anything to get capcom out of it's current financial hole.
Cobi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 06:28 AM   #3
Sevket

Well I guess it is never too late for an announcement from Capcom regarding a great game. I will be loyal to Capcom unless they are sold to Microsoft
Old 10-04-2002, 08:16 AM   #4
ATMA
Gamer junkie

Nah Capcom won't go to MS ..this game is just a proof ..they allready announced it for the PS2 they got the other one 7th target wich will be out next yr for the Cube and later for the ps2! We still got R.E 4 and DMC2 wich will also be out next year! So i guess those rumors were false!
Old 10-04-2002, 07:36 PM   #5
aneep

actually Capcom target 3 million

seriously
they are thinking of making this as big as DMC, Onimusha and Megaman (well that one was quoted in the article too)

-aneep-
aneep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 08:09 PM   #6
flamingspiral
Watch Out!

The screen shots alone make me drool all over my keyboard. Though a long way away, I can't wait to see how this game turns out.
flamingspiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 12:47 AM   #7
Sevket

I hope this one will be really good so it will turn into a new series as you said it. A European relase is a must for this game too
Old 10-05-2002, 01:33 AM   #8
Rubeus

The character designs look kind of like the ones in Castlevania, do you think?
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 01:43 AM   #9
Sevket

Well they must be inspired by Castlevania
Old 10-09-2002, 12:31 AM   #10
Sevket

Here is new artwork for the game

Victor Delacroix

Sieg Wahrheit :cool guy:
Old 10-09-2002, 03:20 AM   #11
GodOfCookery

Laughing

Who ever came up with that stupid name sieg wahrheit should be punished till the end of time
GodOfCookery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 06:18 AM   #12
Sevket

Gamespot's New Screens

Sieg Wahrheit means"hail the truth" in German. Now you know why I guess
Old 10-10-2002, 03:45 AM   #13
GodOfCookery

Laughing

Well actually it only means hail truth. As as normal the japanese have gramatical errors when they try to write german. hail the truth would mean Sieg die Wahrheit. But I guess they rather wanted to say Such die Wahrheit. Which means they tried to mix german with english and actually wanted to write seek wahrheit. (This would make at least more sense)
GodOfCookery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 06:40 AM   #14
Sevket

Why they choose a german name is way beyond me. ???
Old 10-10-2002, 12:18 PM   #15
Cobi*
renegade

Quote:
Originally posted by Sevket
Why they choose a german name is way beyond me. ???
yes, good point. this is one thing i can't understand about japanese culture. where does the german influence come from? why germany?
Cobi* is offline   Reply With Quote