The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 10-02-2002, 10:22 AM   #1
Nindalf

Thumbs up The lord of therings: The Two Towers: Check out the new trailer!

http://www.lordoftherings.net/

Man...i cant wait for this movie!This can even be better than The Fellowship of the Ring!

Your Thoughts?

(EDIT Damn...i misspelled subject...mods fix it!:2happy: )
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 01:24 PM   #2
Vicviper
Hello handsome!

Hell Yeah! I can't wait either. Only 2 more months.

I have heard that this one will be betther than Fellowship. There is a lot more going on in this 2nd part of the trilogy. The things that I am looking forward to seeing are

1. Gollum. The sneak peak in the first movie leads me to believe they did a good job with him.

2. The tree Ents- I can't wait to see what these guys look like through the eyes of Peter Jackson.

3. The Riders of Rohan. I loved them in the book and now I will see them on the big screen and how they take care of the roving bands of orcs.

I just think the whole movie will be awesome.
Vicviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 01:37 PM   #3
Nindalf

Im also like to see gollum and ents...Gollum was shown in trailer and ents legs...

And this movie has Battle of Helm!It looks great!

And in Return of the king is defending of Gondor and attack to Mordor! Man i cant wait for these!

But what about that giant spider - I dont remember the english name but in finish version its Lukitar - It can be great...man i wouldnt wanna meet it in a dark alley!

One thing i didnt like about in Fellowship was that they cut Tom Bombadil out of it!
Old 10-02-2002, 05:08 PM   #4
Vicviper
Hello handsome!

Shelob was the name of the big spider in the US and probably English version. I agree with you. That would not be a good thing to meet up with.

Yes they should have left Tom Bombadil in but I guess you can't have everything. I would have liked to have seen old Tom Bombadillo.
Old 10-03-2002, 08:38 AM   #5
Nindalf

But if they would have but Tom on it there would have been one problem...Tom sings all the time and this aint a musical...What is Tom Bombadil without his music?
(I wouldnt have minded of couple of Toms songs though!:cool guy:
Old 10-03-2002, 08:54 AM   #6
Alucard

Bombadil was left out because he's a strange character.. Same reason why they removed Glorfindel and replaced his role with Arwen. They could both probably defeat Sauron without even lifting a finger. Confusing to say the least. But I think the movie was excellent. Can't wait for the special edition so I can see all the other stuff they cut out.

And Battle of Helm.. Can someone say 40min battle?!
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 09:04 AM   #7
Nindalf

I agree that a viewer who haden?t read the book would probably think that Tom could beat Sauron...but Glorfindel?NO WAY!It was said in the book that if All nine Nazguls would fight against Glorfindel and Aragorn Nazguls would win!So if nazguls would win them it wouldn?t be so hard to Sauron

And Gandalf said in book that even if they would give the ring to Bombadil he would be the last one to fall!

Basically there is no single being in Middle Earth that could defead Sauron!

(If they would have ad those 2 in book they would have made it so that even the dumbest viewer would realize that Sauron would defead them!)
Old 10-03-2002, 11:55 AM   #8
chachiangel
ride ze shoopuff??

SPOILERS!!!

for some reason they are putting the shelob at the beginning of return of the king. so don't expect to see it in there. i think they are ending it with frodo, sam, and gollum walking up the steps to cirith ungol.

they replaced glorfindel with arwen because they really wanted to focus on the love story and that really wasn't a big part of the books.

personally, i can't wait for return of the king. the battle of pellenor where all that great stuff happens and theoden rides to the rescue at the last second.

end spoilers.
Old 10-03-2002, 12:06 PM   #9
Nindalf

SPOILER

Well...in book Shelob was in beginning of Return Of The King so it normal they but it in ROTK(ROTK...lol)

But didint Boromir die in The Two Towers but im movie he died in Fellowship...
But if Shelob,Gondor,Attack to Mordor and those are all in the Return of the king its going to be one hell of a movie!:cool guy:

End Spoiler
Old 10-03-2002, 12:18 PM   #10
chachiangel
ride ze shoopuff??

spoiler-

well the shelob was at the end of ttt and sam thought frodo was dead nad took the ring for himself. but then the orcs came a took frodo to the tower and sam realized frodo was alive and captured.

and yes rotk will be crazy(in a good way.)
Old 10-03-2002, 12:25 PM   #11
Nindalf

Spoiler

Your right Chachiangel...i checked the book and i remembered incorrectly...Shelob is in TTT...

Sorry about that mistake!

end spoiler
Old 10-03-2002, 12:50 PM   #12
Vicviper
Hello handsome!

Quote:
Originally posted by Alucard
And Battle of Helm.. Can someone say 40min battle?!

WHAT? 40 minutes? That is going to be incredible!!! I cannot wait!

I wonder how the dead marshes look. That will be interesting.
Old 10-03-2002, 01:13 PM   #13
Alucard

Did you read the Silmarillion? Glorfindel and Bombadil could easily beat Sauron. Glorfindel fought with Balrogs on his own. Besides, he's not really real at the moment in the story.. Bombadils been around for a millenia or such. He's uber.
Old 10-03-2002, 01:50 PM   #14
Nindalf

I havent read Slmarillion but heres a quote of The Felloship of the Ring:
"`But in any case` said Glorfindel, `To sent the Ring to him would only be postpone the day of evil. He is far away. We could not now take it back to him, unquessed,unmarked by any spy. And even if we would, soon or late Lord of the Rings would leard of its hiding place and would bend all his power towards it. Could that power be defied by Bombadil alone?I think not. I think that in the end, if all else is conquered, Bombadil will fall, Last as he was First; and then Night will come.` "

And in other page on this book(dont remember where so i cant quote) is said that Nine would defead Glorfindel...And Sauron is master of The Nine. I think Glorfindel couldn?t defead Sauron.
And Gandalf said in book that It dosent matter do they take Glorfindel or Pippin with them because one person with his power cannot go aggains Sauron

And about the age thing...Sauron is Easily over 6000years old...and even before that he was servant of The Great Enemy.

So i dont think that Bombadil or Glorfindel could defead Sauron...if they could have why didint they?Well Bombadil didint want to leave from his home but what stopped Glorfindel?
Old 10-04-2002, 01:32 AM   #15
Alucard

Bombadil is strange. Though I may have put my foot in it with Glorfindel. He WAS uber powerful in the past. I think my memory could be screwed on this, but he faced 5..I think... 5 Balrogs and killed 4. The last one killed him. He's technically dead yet not. I really dont understand it. So I guess at this moment he couldn't.

The Silmarillion is full of characters more powerful the Sauron. Fingolfin being one of them. Although if you gave the ring to Galadriel, I think she would defeat Sauron. They're equal in strength from what I remember.

But Bombadil confuses me. They say alot of things about him, then say other things elsewhere. bah.. Gotta read the Silmarillion. You should pick it up too, NIN. Its pretty much the highlight of the LOTR universe. Some awesome stories.

And remember, thats really Glorfindels opinion about Bombadil. Noone really knows how powerful he is.

Last edited by Alucard; 10-04-2002 at 12:24 PM.