The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 04-26-2002, 12:35 AM   #1
Iori

Is Phantasy Star Online the ONLY online game for GameCube?

Is PSO the only GameCube game that is online? So far I haven't seen or hear anything.
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 04-26-2002, 09:35 AM   #2
ATMA
Gamer junkie

I think at the moment PSO episode 1&2 is the only online game for the cube i can't remember another game that will come with the online options on the cube (keep in mind that PSO may come out before nintendo goes online ) And it was recently in the news that they were worrying about that and they didn't decide yet if they're gonna bring PSO before nintendo goes online or after ..but i think they decided allready cause PSO will come out in the japa land in the summer !!!
Old 04-26-2002, 10:34 AM   #3
Badboon

Even though Square is on speaking terms with Nintendo again, it seems EXTREMELY unlikely that Square Soft will be producing a GameCube version of its upcoming online Final Fantasy game (especially with Sony constantly whining about the idea of Square even thinking about producing Final Fantasy games for the GameCube), so it seems that so far PSO is indeed the only online GameCube game.
Sigh...
Old 04-26-2002, 07:34 PM   #4
Pdaimaoh

only ANNOUNCED so far...

rumors STRONGLY suggest a MARIOKART cubed with online ability

I expect at least some OTHER games besides just PSOnline if it's announced in america
probably at E3
there should be a few games that'll be online around the same time

other than suspect, though, so far it's just PSonline
Old 04-27-2002, 04:20 AM   #5
Badboon

Re: only ANNOUNCED so far...

Quote:
Originally posted by Pdaimaoh
rumors STRONGLY suggest a MARIOKART cubed with online ability
An Online Mario Kart?! I've never heard of this rumour, but it sounds like a good game idea. I hope it is true.
It'd be nice if there were more racers as well, like Daisy, Kamek, and Waluigi for example.
Old 04-27-2002, 04:35 PM   #6
Pdaimaoh

aahhh noooooo!! waluigi is awful!

I can't remember where, but I thought there was an interview with someone out of nintendo and they had strongly hinted that there was a mariokart game, and then it was hinted that it would be an online title...MAYBE...
Old 04-29-2002, 10:07 PM   #7
Rubeus

I think Rare has mentioned about making online games for GameCube, could it be a sequel to Perfect Dark or something?
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 06:29 AM   #8
Neologism

Cool definitely possible!

Quote:
Originally posted by Rebeus
I think Rare has mentioned about making online games for GameCube, could it be a sequel to Perfect Dark or something?
with the new perfect dark game SO far off...the possibility of it being secure for online play is pretty good i would guess? lets get the hype on perfect dark online going early so Rare can get the idea!! ;)
Old 05-07-2002, 02:59 PM   #9
turkeyboy

PSO is the only officially announced online game for the GC but I'm guessing that IF and when Nintendo makes an announcement about its online plans, they will announce a huge amount of games at the same time. I'm thinking that will be one of the BIG suprises from Nintendo at E3 this year.
Old 05-07-2002, 07:54 PM   #10
TriForce

You guys forget that M$ and Nintendo have very different ideas as to how they like to release news. M$ wants everything out there as soon as possible. Gates lives by the "There's no such thing as bad press" philosophy. Nintendo, on the other hand, keeps everything close to the vest until they feel it is appropriate to let the cat out of the bag.
Old 05-09-2002, 09:10 PM   #11
hootie17
sensing some hostility

1 & 2

1 & 2

LoSt I bE

"...to to continue is an honor and a privlidge, to continue is as to be reincarnated in reality and should be used wisely to do what is best to challenge the mistakes of the past and over come them..."
-Myself

I wAnT a KiRbY gAmE fOr Gc
hootie17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 01:06 PM   #12
Rubeus

Isn't Capcom planning to bring Resident Evil Online to all platforms, including gamecube?
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 09:10 AM   #13
Kid0_oIcarus
wha-?

Maybe. All I know is the RE Online will certainly be on the PS2.. maybe 'cube as well?

I know Square wanted to get FFXI on all consoles, as they said that'd be a better chance for success for their online game. I read over on Gamespot, though, that they plan to contnue their current level of support for the xbox though- namely.. zilch. Maybe it will come to the 'cube then?? Haven't heard anything about that tho.
Old 05-29-2002, 12:47 PM   #14
WINDJAMMERS

Capcom has some secret project for GC. Maybe it's an online game.
Old 05-29-2002, 12:56 PM   #15
ATMA
Gamer junkie

Cube plans!!

Well the Cube said they will go with the wait and see approach on the online plans for the Cube.They want to wait and see if this online gaming will be a good move or bad move!
Nintendo will concentrate more on just bringing games out!So maybe that's a reason why we are not hearing about online games for the Cube!!