View Single Post
Old 04-09-2006, 04:03 AM   #85
LegendaryU.2.K.
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
Dude seriously, you shouldnt run games BELOW 1024x768.
Running games below 1024x768 looks great, in my eyes. I'm not a graphic freak, so from what i can see, running some games at 800x600 looks perfect, say in games like sin or wages of sin.

Quote:
Others laugh at me because they play games at 1600x1200.
Why are you so concern what others may think about you, if you run games at low settings? I say whatever looks good to you, enjoy it.

Quote:
But if your pc only has pci slots then that thing is like 12 years old or something.
Its old yea, but great.

Quote:
Save your money and buy a proper upgrade.
I am upgrading from 20GB to 60GB, from ati radeon 700064mb to ati radeon 9250 256mb pci. By doing this, my computer should be max out.

Quote:
But you missed an entire hardware generation with AGP which is now being totally phased out for PCI-E slots.
I dont buy things because other people may have them or if they are the newest stuff out. I buy what looks good to me, not by the outlook of this world. So if i missed a entire hardware generation, so be it.

Quote:
Seriously, rethink the card buying idea.
I have thought about it for a long time. Its the right thing to do, with a 256MB boost i can play all of my games that i own with ease. 64MB is great, but 256mb , plus with the 9250 , thats perfect or near perfect.....I understand AGP are more powerful, but pci is all i have and its fine.

Quote:
Hardware doesnt last forever.
ROFL, you dont have to tell me.

For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Quote:
And 98se....kill it. You have to. Buggy POS.
First off, my wife has windows xp , and windows xp is not as advanced as 98. I have to keep windows 98 se for alot of reasons. One reason, because i run my own abandonware site and forum, second i have over 350 pc games, about 80% of them are old great games, from sonic 3d blast, sonic r, blood 2 , blood the new nightmares, leadfoot, powerslide, turok 2 seeds of evil , megarace 3 and lots more. Playing these games on xp works, but you have to change some things around.

With windows 98 se, you dont have to change nothing. Plus overall 98 se is more stable, in terms of reinstalling windows which only takes about 15 - 30 mins, the layout is better too. Windows xp is just newer and you can play the new games with ease. Other then that, windows 98 se is the best os.

Quote:
Its like ignoring the ps2, waiting for the ps3 to be almost retired, but buying a PSP to play emulated psx games on it.
I'm not buying xbox 360 until like 3 or 4 years from now. Why?

I have over 50,000 dollars right now, but i am no fool. I'm not paying 300 or more for a new system, and i damn sure aint paying 60 or 70 dollars for a video game. No game is worth 60 bucks, not even my favorite game of all time Grand Theft Auto.

I mean, whats the rush? I'm still enjoying playing xbox , n64, psone, dreamcast and my computer games. I'm not buying 360 until the system is = 130 used or 150 new and the games at 4.99 , 9.99 , 12.99, 14.99 , 19.99, 24.99.

Last edited by LegendaryU.2.K.; 04-09-2006 at 04:08 AM.
LegendaryU.2.K. is offline   Reply With Quote