View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 08:15 AM   #282
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

A fella decided to make a portal 2 mod for his girlfriend. A couple well designed test chambers and a very sweet ending. Oh and he also got Valve to help out and got some custom voice work from GLaDOS. Yep, you read that right.

Just go to The Gary Hudston Project

Download the zip file. Extract the folder Portal2 into your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\portal 2 and let it over write the portal2 folder already in there. It won't overwrite any other files so don't worry. That's the path if you're on win 7 XP. It will just be program files/steam/ wadda wadda otherwise.

Load the game, open your developers console (If you don't know how to do that see below.) and type in "map la_bringing_together" without the quotes.

To enable developer console just go into the game and click on options and then on mouse and keyboard. You will see an option to enable developers console. Once that is on just hit the tilda key "~" just below your escape key on the right side of the keyboard.

I think I've covered every possible question and made it as easy as possible. Definitely worth the ten minutes it takes to play it.