Thread: WWE Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2006, 11:14 AM   #4
Slash
BUTTOUT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus4578
Yeah, how pathetic that ECW show was. I don't even consider it ECW. Why are they feuding with WWE? Why not let Paulie just do whatever he wants, i.e. run the show just like he used to do? It's not ECW if McMahon is running things. I heard that that episode of ECW was performed after their Smackdown! show. The hell? Sci Fi channel sucks; they should go back on MSG where they can get away with a lot more (and have no corporate sponsors to interfere). Of course this is all wishful thinking on my part and will not come true -- McMahon is using ECW to compete with TNA. Knowing McMahon, he might try and destroy ECW's legacy somehow.

One thing is for absolute certain: that show last Tuesday was not ECW.

Not having a big network support or sponsors is what send them out of business. Not that I don`t argee whit you but those days are long gone no matther how hard vince try to get me back. However we are not the only ones who didn`t like what we saw.

For those happy that ECW got high ratings this week

Several people in both the WWE and ECW locker rooms have said that all of the talent realizes how much the first show stunk, despite the excellent rating. Everyone realizes that the rating was not drawn off of the show?s quality but general curiously over the new brand.

Several people in both the WWE and ECW locker rooms have said that all of the talent realizes how much the first show stunk, despite the excellent rating. Everyone realizes that the rating was not drawn off of the show?s quality but general curiously over the new brand.

One source even said that Vince McMahon admitted that the show was a failure, but didn?t make it well known.

There is obviously a lot of pressure to make next week?s show better. The backstage feeling is that a lot of the same audience will tune in again to give ECW a second chance before tuning out for good.
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote