View Single Post
Old 10-27-2004, 11:50 PM   #10
IoriYagami n8
Pinkerton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality
Evolution is on of the more flawed theories to human life to ever be drilled as a fact. I can see the same skull structures they preach to be a ancient man, in every other African-American in my town. (That's not a racial comment ether) And it's only by chance I reckon these ancient skulls are found IN Africa as it is.
Evolutionary Theory has never been drilled in as fact. Natural Selection has and is. There is a distinct difference between the two. It's actually rather funny to see tags of the Jesus fish eating a Darwin fish considering the fact that Darwin's theories are solid, established, and proven. People have simply blended the two together since Evolutionary Theory is a step up on Natural Selection as far as time frames go. Natural Selection can be monitored, documented, and so forth. It does not make the claim that adaptation to ones enviroment jumps species, which is probably the biggest difference between the two. In other words, Natural Selection states that a bird could change dramatically over time, but in the end, it is still a bird, simply a different type of bird. Evolutionary Theory takes that concept and applies it to a longer time frame and speculates that a bird, given enough time (millions of years) could eventually become something that isn't what we view as a bird.

Your example is flawed as well, traits can develop from ancient man to what we are today. Over time, certain parts begin to adapt to our world (which is changed by how we live, which is also changed in turn by how much we know about the world). Evolutionary Theory is pretty well established in factual evidence up until the point where it proclaims that a fish could evolve to live on land, that said land fish thing could in turn evolve into something else, such as a lizard, bird, whatever. It's a reasonable theory mind you, one that would be the next step from natural selection. The problem is that it takes so much time. The human race may not even be around long enough to find out.

There are flaws with either arguement, neither side can be proven. However, I will say that Evolutionary Theory has some basis of scientific and factual support behind it, or else it wouldn't even be a theory. That doesn't make it true, but that also means that it isn't so easily dismissed. As far as being proven is concerned, I'm willing to say that Evolutionary Theory has the upper hand on Creationism.