View Single Post
Old 10-27-2004, 07:40 PM   #20
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Someone said this on the last page:
Quote:
For the DOA the screen you showed was quite small and the game actually looks like the first screen. Also you need to check the screens well to see before making your judgements. And for most games on xbox you need to check just what version it is as in maybe standard tv ,component or HDTV.
I will adress this point by point.

-Quite small? What the hell are you talking about? That's full res, dude. That's the same exact resolution you'd see if you played it in 480p on a widescreen TV. Period. The rendered shot is 800x600 and that is a resolution that the Xbox is incapable of producing.

-I need to check the screens before making judgments? What the hell is that supposed to mean? I have tried but I cannot decipher what your point is here. The real game certainly does not look like the rendered image. Have you played it? I have. Maybe you should play it again and compare for yourself using the shots on the previous page.

-I know all about the differences between 4:3 and 16:9, SDTV and HDTV, and the types of connections.

Also someone asked why there was not a Gamecube example. Well, I couldn't find any Gamecube renders for the games that I have. All F-Zero and Monkeyball pics were from the actual game. Same with Mario Sunshine and others. I'm sure they do renders for some Gamecube games, especially 3rd party.

EDIT for Bemani: No I don't think they use Photoshop. Why would they need to? They just render a high quality still off of the development workstation, and it's perfect in any size they want. What the hell would they do in Photoshop? The only thing I can think of is to saturate the colors more and to save it as a JPEG for the web, but that'd be about it.

Last edited by Joe Redifer; 10-27-2004 at 07:45 PM.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote