View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 06:55 AM   #5224
Sulblazer

Just picked up Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for the 3DS. This game...and perhaps other in its series has got a bit of a learning curve! I'm 4 hours into it, and have finally started some quests...so it's getting better. I'm a complete noob to the Monster Hunter universe and I was expecting some hand-holding for the basics...but nope, minimal spoon-feeding here.

My biggest gripe with the game is the camera...good god I hate how the 3DS handles it. The touch screen, for me, is a horrible interface to manipulate the camera angles. Blah! Thank goodness for target camera lock...geezy creezy. I might invest in the Circle Pad Pro...I think that will make my life a bit easier.

I'm being told that I'll dump 30-40 hours into the game before I get decent at some of the weapon classes. -sigh-...good thing the game is portable.

Inventory was a bit cumbersome at first, but after the first hour...I got a better handle on how to manage my shit. You accrue some much shit in so little time...and it's hard to know what will be useful and what I should sell off...I just kept everything.

Overall, I'm liking this game...I think after I've invested more hours into my hunter, I'll be addicted like others...so I don't think I'll be playing or buying anything new for a while...which is a good thing...for the wallet. I have a PS4 with not a god damned title I want to play right now. Stupid launch titles! Almost bought Knack...but screw it, got 3DS games instead.