View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 12:13 PM   #13
darren
... lol

Wii: Silent Hill - Shattered Memories (PS2 and PSP versions are also available)

Overview:
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is a survival horror video game and seventh instalment of the Silent Hill series. It is a reimagining of the first game in the franchise. The basis of the game is similar to the original. You play as Harry Mason who is searching for his daughter in Silent Hill after a car accident left him unconscious.

Positives:
  • The story is as great now as it was when Silent hill was first release on the PS1
  • Great sound and effect used throughout the game to produce awesome settings. Some of the best I’ve heard on the Wii and considering it does not have DD they Climax have done a really good job here.
  • Very apt and erries visuals that work very well.
  • The only horror adventure game in a LONG time that actually made me jump
  • Three different endings giving optional replay value to a verry short game
  • Great use of the Wiimote on the Wii version. These include wiimote used as Harry's torch, the wiimote doubling up as your mobile phone etc.

Negatives:
  • Some of the motion jestering failed to work correctly and i found myself slapping myself in the face with the nunchuck cable
  • The escape sections require a lot of annoying trial and error to figure out the path in later levels
  • Very repetitive game play, which soon becomes a bit dull after the first few hours.
  • Very short to the point where you might feel robbed having paid RRP

Summary:
Time play to finish the game was 5 1/2 hours

I’m still unsure if I really enjoyed this game or not. It has the amazing story telling of the early Silent Hill games but for me is let down by repetitive game play. The games only 5-6 hours long and to be honest I found myself bored with the ‘investigate town –> run away in nightmare -> repeat ‘ pattern the game took from start to finish.

If you love the Silent Hill series and lore then I suggest picking this up in the bargain bin if you see it, but anyone paying RRP for this might feel a bit cheated.
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote