View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 05:53 AM   #22
darren
... lol

XBOX360:: Just Cause 2 (PS3 and PC versions also available)

Overview:
This is your typical sandbox style game ala GTA. The game is set on the other side of the world from the original Just Cause, on the fictional tropical island of Panau in Southeast Asia. Rico Rodriguez returns as the protagonist, aiming to overthrow the evil dictator Pandak "Baby" Panay and confront his former boss, Tom Sheldon

Positives:
  • Very fun blowing stuff up
  • A great looking and sounding game
  • Lots of missions to do
  • A big island to explore

Negatives:
  • The engine has glitched a lot. Many time i was stuck in the walls, floor and buildings totally un able to move.
  • Boring story which they try to jazz up with B movie stylings
  • A lot of missions that reapeat each other all of the time, just the same thing being done for the different factions you do job for.
  • Terrible voice acting
  • Rubbish AI, people just stand there and get shot

Summery:

play time was about 12 hours

I have not played Just Cause 1 and picked this up for something to play as reviews seemed to suggest that it might be worth a look. The game was fun in very short bursts.

Just Cauase 2 very much plays out like an open world action B movie with some dumb gameplay. for example a parachute that opens and repacks itself on demand. The idea of the game is very simple, drive around the island do missions for local mobster groups to build up enough rep to do the next story mission.

I was never able to play this for more than an hour at a time. That hour was fun but it soon became boring and repetitive. The game is great in short bursts but not a game for long sit down sesssions as it soon becomes dull and repetitive. Gun play is just OK mainly down to the issue of the rubbish AI all the enemy mobs have. Its almost as if the developers forgot to give the bad guys any form of intelligence what so ever, but this is a B movie so you have to have a high body count of dumb ass bad guys.

Anyone that liked the original game or is a massive GTA openworld style fan will probebly like this game a lot, but for me i'm not a massive GTA fan and had not played JC and after spending 12 hours with this it should have been called Just OK 2
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote